No acceleration on my 06 liberty 2.0lt

Having issues with your ride ? Ask away in here ...
Snowpills

No acceleration on my 06 liberty 2.0lt

Post by Snowpills » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:12 am

Have any of you heard of this fault before. While driving along the highway I lost all acceleration. I have had this issue several times and after a few days it sometimes comes right. I have replaced the accelerator assembly twice, throttle body assembly twice, even a relay behind the glove box. Each time itll cone right for a few days then BANG no acceleration again.
If you keep idling it to get it home it will build revs a little but you have no control over them whatsoever.
Please help. Getting costly now

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:14 pm

Me thinks your subaru is going into limp home mode.

Has anyone read the engine codes or do they just keep replacing things?

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

Snowpills

Post by Snowpills » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:06 pm

Yeah it had a code in it that meant the throttle sensor and accelerator sensor weren't communicating apparently. But with both these being replaced were scratching our heads a bit :-/
What makes limp home mode start?

ImprezaSRX

Post by ImprezaSRX » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:08 am

Silly question, check that both brake lights actually work... If not it will cause limp mode.
The List:
1982 Subaru Leone GLF-A
1990 Subaru Liberty Rally Project - Now with added EZ36
1987 Subaru Vortex XT - In the Family
1995 Subaru Impreza SRX Hatch - SOLD

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:08 am

Snowpills wrote:Yeah it had a code in it that meant the throttle sensor and accelerator sensor weren't communicating apparently. But with both these being replaced were scratching our heads a bit :-/
What makes limp home mode start?
Limp mode is caused when the computer receives one or more signals from the sensors on the engine, that tell the computer that there is a chance the engine is going to be damaged, so the computer then goes into "limp mode" which allows the driver to get the car to a mechanic or home.
ImprezaSRX wrote:Silly question, check that both brake lights actually work... If not it will cause limp mode.
Ummmm... what? If this was the case then most of WA drivers would have subarus that were in limp mode :)

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:32 pm

Actually ImprezaSRX has a point. Some cars require the cruise control unit to be functioning correctly for the ECU to function correctly, and if both brake lights are blown, the cruise control wont function propperly,... see where this is going?
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

Snowpills

Post by Snowpills » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:52 am

Hmmm the plot thickens, my car has actually had the engine/cruise control lights on for a while but that is because of the emissions control valves sticking and subaru said that shouldn't hurt the motor at all!! Mind you they have been on for probably 6 months before this started happening,. Over 2 grand to
Fix these valves apparently !!!! Wonder if this is adding to the problem??

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:59 pm

What valves exactly? More information needed
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

Snowpills

Post by Snowpills » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:04 am

The egr valves. Apparently this can be a common problem where they stick and the computer goes into fault mode :-/

Return to “Trouble Shooting”