Nudge Bar Advice

Having issues with your ride ? Ask away in here ...
vsspack

Nudge Bar Advice

Post by vsspack » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:03 am

Please noone buy this out from under me :)

Can anyone confirm, This says its for a L Series but to me looks far closer to suiting my MY Brumby.

Just wanting confirmation before i make a silly purchase haha.
Thanks

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hayman-Reese ... 2fd&_uhb=1

BRAT87

Post by BRAT87 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:05 am

Hey mate. From the looks of it that nudge bar would fit an L series. But it should also fit your brumby. I have seen lots of brumbys with the same bull bar/nudge bar. Wouldn't have thought that Subaru would have made 2 or 3 different bull bars at the time.

vsspack

Post by vsspack » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:44 am

Yeah i agree, Just curious if the mounting brackets are different, Also the L series wasnt around in 81-84 like his ad suggests. Worst come to worse i can get a welder to mod it, but id rather something cheap that i can just bolt on :)

BRAT87

Post by BRAT87 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:25 pm

Well the second generation L series was produced from 1979-1989. The later more squarer model was produced from 1984-1994.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Leone

Here you can read all about it.

tambox

Post by tambox » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:27 pm

There's a good one of these at Centre Road Wreckers, mounted on a L series, $40, it was there on Mon.
L serious, still.

Cliff R
General Member

Post by Cliff R » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:56 pm

Too often people get confused between the MY/Brumby and the L series.
The L series is pretty clear cut if you use the term correctly, ie, built between 85 to 94 etc.
Unfortunately, people also call the MY/Brumby an L series with the L standing for Leone.
I run into this all the time looking for spares and generally try to ID the car for suppliers by stating the year model (1982) and finish off with "it look a bit like a Brumby" at this point the light goes on in their heads and off we go. Sometimes I get "is it like a Forester or a Liberty" (GROAN)
In this case, as already mentioned the 81 to 84 seems to indicate this is off an MY/Brumby and the L looks like it is a Leone. These are very specific and deliberate dates.
Maybe you could e mail the suppler to send you a measurement of the mounting points and you compare to your car.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:09 pm

BRAT87 wrote:Well the second generation L series was produced from 1979-1989. The later more squarer model was produced from 1984-1994.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Leone

Here you can read all about it.
Don't trust a thing you read on wikipedia unless you can find other references to back it up that are actually legit.

I've not known of this second generation of L series, that would make the "actual" L series the Thrid Generation!

Cliff: The L series really is the black sheep of the Subaru family! It's not easy chasing up L series parts unless you know exactly what you're looking for - I've been caught out a few times even when I thought I was getting exactly what I needed!

That bar looks like it would bolt to the tie down points under the front of the Brumby/MY/L series (maybe) without any issues.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “Trouble Shooting”