hi im new here need some help whit my car

Having issues with your ride ? Ask away in here ...
jojo

hi im new here need some help whit my car

Post by jojo » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:41 pm

:confused:i got a 1988 gl-10 turbo wagon that does not start it try tureing over onec and stop and now it is makeing a clicking sound and is not tureing over can any one tell me whats wrong whit it???

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:18 pm

sounds like the starter motor is stuffed either that or you need a new battery which could mean your alternator is stuffed

can you check the voltage on your battery? if you have the correct voltage at your battery then the problem is the starter motor

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:44 pm

jojo wrote::confused:i got a 1988 gl-10 turbo wagon that does not start it try tureing over onec and stop and now it is makeing a clicking sound and is not tureing over can any one tell me whats wrong whit it???
Welcome to Australia, we speak english in this fine country. :)

Another possibility may be that there is something worse wrong. Definitely try the starter motor first.... but otherwise it may have water in the cylinders - was this motor running perfectly fine before this issue? Try turning the motor over backward with a spanner on the crank pulley, if there's any water in the cylinders it will be ejected out the exhaust this way.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:02 pm

AndrewT wrote:Welcome to Australia, we speak english in this fine country. :)

Another possibility may be that there is something worse wrong. Definitely try the starter motor first.... but otherwise it may have water in the cylinders - was this motor running perfectly fine before this issue? Try turning the motor over backward with a spanner on the crank pulley, if there's any water in the cylinders it will be ejected out the exhaust this way.
I'd also take out the spark plugs when you do this. If there's a lot of water in there it will come out the spark plug hole on the compression stroke...

Also welcome to the forum! I wonder how it is that you got zero posts (as my computer shows your post count atm) when clearly you've posted above!!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

tex

Post by tex » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:55 pm

Definately sounds like your battery is flat to me if you have access to a spare one make sure its charged then put it in and try that!
87 targa brumby (Neglected),
92 targa brumby (weekend runabout),
97 Lifted Outback (Dailey drive),
05 outback safety (Too cheap to pass up),
90 model liberty (was to be scrapped instead sold to workmate)
+ others.

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:36 am

if you have already fixed the problem by now please tell.Sounds like a flat battery. Curious to know what style of air flow mater is between your air filter box and turbo with your GL10

Your posting date is 20th July, yet today is first I have seen of your post, and I have been in here a lot in the last week. Your post has not jumped out at me in previous 'new posts'. International time delay doews not occur on the internet does it?

Bennie, the post count has shown zero before on new member first post.

GTlegs

Post by GTlegs » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:22 pm

If its clicking, then its definitely a flat battery.
'Another quality whore post from GTlegs Inc. Call 1900 POSTHO for all your forum reply supplies.'

subarooster

Post by subarooster » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:12 pm

Get your battery tested at a local autosparky (we usually do this for free) then if that tests fine then you'll need new contacts in ur starter as the old ones are worn. Cheers

Current Projects: *Offroad Racing MY Touring Wagon.
* EA82T Jap spec L series Wagon.

Previous rides: *Supercharged EJ25 Rwd Brumby
* 2 x 91' L series Ej20, 3 inch lift, mud tyres.
01' Liberty B4.

Return to “Trouble Shooting”