RX leone turbo, where is the fuel pump relay?

Having issues with your ride ? Ask away in here ...
unheardofinstruments

RX leone turbo, where is the fuel pump relay?

Post by unheardofinstruments » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:13 am

Just replaced the engine in my 86 model RX turbo MPFI with a jap import 60000klm front cut one I got from a rolled car. (I also have LOADS of extra parts from the car plus the entire front cut and a normal efi motor I had been fixing up to put in.)
I am not getting power at the fuel pump, looking for the fuel pump relay, manual says under the passenger side dash, don't see it there, subaru dealerships book says over the rhs strut tower, not there either, anyone have a clue? Thinking of just wiring it up permanently with new wires to the 12V line in the ignition switch so it runs all the time round and round instead. Any other reasons the thing wouldn't get power? I thought the fuel pressure regulator was purely mechanical, did run fine with the current loom/computer before.

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:05 pm

If it has a flap type AFM, make sure it and the airbox is installed as normal.
Settlement Creek Racing

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:46 pm

in factory efi L Series like my 85 made 87 plated flapper style 3 plug ECU EA82T GLTA sedan,, drop the ecu from the steering column and above there are two relays fixed to the top side of the steering column, one is fuel pump relay, other is ? ignition relay

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:49 pm

Fuel pump relay usually has a green plug.
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

Return to “Trouble Shooting”