Ea81 t

Having issues with your ride ? Ask away in here ...
Matt
General Member

Ea81 t

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:43 pm

Just sorting out a the last of a problem i have been having with Clauida. (Details below) And the engine stalls or misses and cares on when you give it a bootful and let it drop back down to idle. Ie i basically wont idle. Any ideas???
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:54 pm

Air Flow Meter ?

Have you had it running ok before?
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:13 pm

Yes been running ok before , just had Distributor wires go. I am now thinking slightly blocked filter.
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:11 am

Try using a Uni-Filter with a very light oil coating on the outside side of the pad.

I have an EA81T if you need to try anything.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:15 am

Thankfull i have 2 sitting in the back shed, including an air flow meter, etc.
"Bianca"

"Claudia"

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:08 pm

No worries :cool:

I also have 2 cars and a bunch of parts.. wonder how many are in the country?

These are the only 2 I've seen in WA

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:52 pm

And the filter improved some more but i am going to clean the flapper and go from there.
"Bianca"

"Claudia"

littlewhiteute

Post by littlewhiteute » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:42 am

Matt wrote:Yes been running ok before , just had Distributor wires go. I am now thinking slightly blocked filter.
A filter (fuel or air) won't cause idle issues BEFORE it causes lack of power.

Flow demand from the engine at idle is way less than any other point in the rpm band.
Regards

Gary ;)

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:45 am

Agree but it made it better across the rev range :)
"Bianca"

"Claudia"

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:57 am

Sounds like flooding. Stick an oscilloscope on one of your injectors. Let it idle and trigger the pwm, then floor and let it drop back down, but not stall. May be easier to get someone else to work the throttle. If the PWM is the same before and after your injectors are probably warn.

The oscope will also tell you how well the injectors are being driven. May be able to benefit from a pull down resistor.

Regards

Doug

Return to “Trouble Shooting”