An ouchie to the Foz :(

Having issues with your ride ? Ask away in here ...
purp

An ouchie to the Foz :(

Post by purp » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:36 pm

So, the other week, my darling wife whilst reversing a trailer up our drive way, paid a little too much attention to where the rear of the trailer was going, and not enough to the front of the car. :(

Picture

The damage is restricted to the front quarter pannel. What are people's thoughts on a fix? Making an insurance claim is an options - cost will be whatever the excess is - plus another claim on my wifes record.

What do ya'll think about my chances of getting a replacement pannel from a wrecker in the right colour and simply replacing it? It isn't that old a model, so colour fade/miss match shouldn't be a prob should it? And they've sold a lot in that boring silver colour.

And what would a wrecker charge for one anyway?

I await your sage advice.

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:01 pm

Take front guard off and use her head to bash it straight lol, just contact a few subi wreckers with the paint code but I'd be tempted to leave insurance well alone as it'll probably cost and cause more hassles than it's worth, good thing is you can still drive the car while organising a new guard or 2nd hand and getting it painted without being off road, it should only take an hour or so to change it.
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

Return to “Trouble Shooting”