New Finke mobile - Sort of...

Outback bloke

New Finke mobile - Sort of...

Post by Outback bloke » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:18 pm

Looks like we won't be towing the parachute on wheels this year if all goes to plan. We are contemplating some thing a bit more stream lined and lighter.

Not this exact one but one just like it.
About 7-800kgs all up and streamlined compared to 1200kgs and box shape.

stamp_licker
General Member

Post by stamp_licker » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:37 pm

You won't know yourself.Should be able to get less than 20Lper 100 towing something like that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]aka the_postie
Building a hardcore postie:D

INEEDABEER

Post by INEEDABEER » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:49 pm

Looks good .About how much?
]Hey I know Jack Schitte!
[/SIZE]

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:08 pm

I have seen them advertised from $6500 second hand up to $14500 for a new one. Still looking for the one we want. It is what we will be getting in one way or another.

riksta

Post by riksta » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:10 pm

looks a bit small for you Brett, will you have enough room, and dose it have a fridge?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:10 pm

Looks good Brett. Should handle the road conditions well and save you a heap of fuel.

I was thinking about upgrading to something like this.

Settlement Creek Racing

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:41 am

Rik, they don't come with a fridge. There is room under the bonnet for one thought. I was worried about room in them too until I saw one. It shouldn't be a problem.

Is "alphabet" selling his truck? He used to be a friend until he got rich and snobbed every one.

riksta

Post by riksta » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:43 pm

What are thay like when there opened up and do you have a pic of such?
Looks like it opens up sideways, it still looks too small, and were do you sleep in that thing? im gessing in the top half once its open.
I have seen them on the road and allways wondered what there like.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:51 pm

I will show you some pics of ours once we pick it up. It is definite that we are getting one, just not sure which one yet.

They look small when folded down. They are 2250 long in the bed area by 1500 wide. Total width is 2m. The trailer is 500 deep with the bed on top. 60 litres of water underneath.

We will have to learn to pack precisely with the amount of toys I take away, including fishing and hunting gear. We will have an 80 litre Waeco and 2x40 litre ones with us. So we are going to get a fair bit of stuff in it.

riksta

Post by riksta » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:09 pm

you mite have to get a roof rack as well Brett to take all the other stuff you wont to take with you, its a long way to come back to get something.

haveing a water tank in there is a good idea. So you are limited on what stuff you can put in there by the sound of it.

INEEDABEER

Post by INEEDABEER » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:21 am

BYB-01 wrote:I have seen them advertised from $6500 second hand up to $14500 for a new one. Still looking for the one we want. It is what we will be getting in one way or another.
There is one in the Trading Post this week.I think it's up this way.
]Hey I know Jack Schitte!
[/SIZE]

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:26 pm

We pick ours up in a few weeks. Already have plans of adding modifying as soon as it arrives.

I ordered our solar power system today for it. Guaranteed it will never run out of power. Capable of 25 a/h input with 2 x 150 amp/hr AGM deep cycle batteries. Plenty for what we want to do with it. I think Larry (battery world) will retire after this one.

Then just got to fit the lights that we want and few other fiddly little bits.

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Thu May 08, 2008 6:42 pm

We have finally picked up the camper. Got a few things to do to it before we go. Install the batteries and lighting and some 12 volt sockets. Add a few other minor things and it will be ready to go.

The panels are wired to the controller. The inverter is mounted. Just waiting on the batteries to show up so I can finish it.

riksta

Post by riksta » Thu May 08, 2008 9:30 pm

looks good Bret, and looks a lot bigger than I thought it would, am I right in thinking that the bed is up on the camper box and the kitchen/dinning is below, anyway I like it, looks good, and I see you have allready have matching wheels as the car on it.

Wilbur
General Member

Post by Wilbur » Fri May 09, 2008 9:34 am

Very very nice. Should be just the ticket.
There is only one thing you must do in your life. Everything else is a choice.

subiwidow

Post by subiwidow » Fri May 09, 2008 4:52 pm

It is not really the size you would get for a family, but most of the time it will just be the 2 of us. Jake gets the floor.

Suba
General Member

Post by Suba » Fri May 09, 2008 5:54 pm

So what you are trying to say is that size dosn't matter :)

Mike.
ImageImage

subiwidow

Post by subiwidow » Sat May 10, 2008 4:03 pm

No size does matter. I am starting to realise this when things arn't going to fit. Shhiittttt.
We had a run in with the maker of the van last night. We paid $1195 for the u bute kitchen, and we can't use it. She has not had it connected or given us the fiiting to connect it to gas. Her reason was if any thing went wrong, we would blame her. (Thats what warrenty is about). So we have had to ring a plumber. He quoted $440 approx to get it fitted with certificate. Seems the maker forget to tell us this, last night she told us only $100 to get the job done. So we spent nearly 2 hours going to every shop that sells fittings, and no one has the size we need. We hope to get in contact we the supplier of the stoves on Monday, He should have them. Had Trek told us about all this hassle before we paid for the kitchen, I think I would of stuck with the $12 portable gas BBQ from K mart. :mad:

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Sat May 10, 2008 5:17 pm

Get fitting from "pirtek" I had a gas bar b que and hunted all over toowoomba. All places were useless including gas installers. Go to Pirtek hose fittings and get the piece you need. worked for me. That's for selection of joiners, corners etc.

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Sat May 10, 2008 7:27 pm

subybrumby wrote:Get fitting from "pirtek" I had a gas bar b que and hunted all over toowoomba. All places were useless including gas installers. Go to Pirtek hose fittings and get the piece you need. worked for me. That's for selection of joiners, corners etc.
Didn't even think of them. Good idea.

Return to “Northern Territory”