Darwin Subaru Club

Willie

Darwin Subaru Club

Post by Willie » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:44 pm

I found out today there are moves afoot to create a Darwin Subaru Club.

Mainly getting running by the WRX / Lib GT / Forester GT/XT guys, but are going to include all Subaru's (I believe).

I have contacted guy who is doing most of the leg work, so will post info once I have it.

They are trying to get a large gathering at the Shannons Motoring Extravaganza at Winnellie showgrounds over weekend 19-20 Aug 06.

I will be there with the RX Wagon - anyone else interested should also come along. For entry (free) details, ring John Palamountain from Shannons on 0417 262918.

Cheers,
Willie.
Canberra

MY06 Forester XT Luxury
MY05 Pajero Exceed DiD
1975 VW L Bug (1303)

Soobeit

Post by Soobeit » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:06 pm

Nice,
I will make it for sure, I'll bring the brumby along and finially met ya willie.
who would of thought subie club NT "the only club with no speed limits" haha. Imagine taking some video of a cruise to litchfield with a bunch of subies flat out down the Stuart H! not that the brumby would be in contention being stock as a rock. I'd just enjoy the view.
If you run, you will only die tired!!

Suby Wan Kenobi
General Member

Post by Suby Wan Kenobi » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:11 pm

If there are moves afoot to form a club, if you are willing, offer up some time and effort to be a real part of the club by becoming part of the main comittee. There are generally big ideas followed by nothing due to the idea being a winner but the follow through help and support not being there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The long road ahead

Bantum
General Member

Update ...

Post by Bantum » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:26 pm

Thought I'd give you a short update on club happenings ...

I'd got involved with the formation of the club in about 2008-9 & after several attempts at running events ( I did go on a Litchfield run with about 6 others ) the club has since died in the 'arse' ... :(

Most likely this was due from lack of interest, price of fuel, GFC etc ...

However, there is still a 'facebook' club page if anyone interested ... :)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/5418063075/

phillatdarwin

Post by phillatdarwin » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:09 am

be good if there was one in darwin do a bit of bush runs ..

Bantum wrote:Thought I'd give you a short update on club happenings ...

I'd got involved with the formation of the club in about 2008-9 & after several attempts at running events ( I did go on a Litchfield run with about 6 others ) the club has since died in the 'arse' ... :(

Most likely this was due from lack of interest, price of fuel, GFC etc ...

However, there is still a 'facebook' club page if anyone interested ... :)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/5418063075/

Bantum
General Member

Subaru Club's Merger ...

Post by Bantum » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:39 pm

I have been thinking about a solution to the enternal problem of not enough people to constitute a 'club' in remote areas :

So in this situation ( that is if there is enough interest ) we could get members from the NT / remote areas to join up / merge with another larger club such as in QLD / WA - or even AUSubaru ... ;)

Note : I'm not sure if AUSubaru is a registered club / entity though - Can someone on here clarify ? ...

I'm not 100% sure how this would work ( maybe a national club with state branches ? ), but it would solve some of the 'patronage' & insurance issues, however you would still have to travel long distances to meetings / excursions ... :(

We would have to put it to the members on here & elsewhere to see what they say ...

My 2c thought anyway ... :)

Ciao, Bantum

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:16 pm

Bantum wrote:I'm not 100% sure how this would work ( maybe a national club with state branches ? ), but it would solve some of the 'patronage' & insurance issues, however you would still have to travel long distances to meetings / excursions ... :(

Ciao, Bantum
Seeing as how a majority of Members, if not all would have PC's, so meetings could probably be conducted online. As for which program to use that would have to researched.

This one is FREE the downside is it comes with advertising, how much, I have no idea.
Peter

Bantum
General Member

Update ...

Post by Bantum » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:35 am

Up for consideration, is turning the existing web page on Facebook into AUSubaru NT ...
Similar to what the backyard boys& WA have done - Any thoughts ?

Cheers, Bantum ...

Return to “Northern Territory”