SA: stripping two MY wagons this weekend

henpecked

SA: stripping two MY wagons this weekend

Post by henpecked » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:14 pm

I'm stripping two MY wagons this weekend. One silver touring (manual) and one beige standard (manual).

some parts are already "dibbed" by the forum member helping me . Once we have got all we need, the balance will be available free , first to those who accepted invitations to the SA group members, to come and strip on the weekend of the 14/15 th and probably have a beer after.
SA social group its not a secret society, its just easier for me to know whose local, cos i get confused. ;)

then available to anyone else. ( note: I probably cant post the engines or hatch anywhere ; ))

on the 20th the leftovers are off to the metal recycle depot.

If you are interstate and after something smallish , post here (my PM box is fullish)

power steering is reserved, as is the touring wagon dash and panel, A/C is not as yet, but it won't be free.

Parts overflow will/could include some glass, set of 13" mags, tow bars, touring wagon seats, spare 13" standard Subaru "sunrasia" type steel rims, standard pressed steel rims, some 14" rims etc,etc,etc

cheers
:D

henpecked

Post by henpecked » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:31 pm

If your in SA and I did not send an invite please DO PM me .

David D

Post by David D » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:02 pm

Sounds good, I'd like to come along and lend a hand and meet some forum members. Might even grab some parts while I'm there;).

David D

henpecked

Post by henpecked » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:00 pm

got a lot done today. 2.30pm tp 6:30 pm

I was not much use for various health and laziness reasons

but I did manage to get the single headlight front grill, indicator plastic, and trims off for Phizinza, and provided the crotchety old fart motivation for silverbullet not to give up on the rear seat removals so he could get his rear cargo bay trim for his wagon.

silverbullet got good rear plastic and door sill plastic for his build and some other stuff, he was central to me getting the spare door handles and glass that I needed off the car for the wagon. In return he also got a loan of the power steering bracket he has been bemoaning not having, so he can get a duplicate bracket made up. He also got a good briefing on exactly how to get 8" of travel out of modified front struts so he can dispense with the strut blocks he made up. The white brumby I have there in the same yard has the special modified struts that Steve from rising sun used to build up - it just eats up speed humps at any speed !!

Phizinza got front discs and cv/shafts etc that he wanted, and did a mighty job with extracting the power steering gear and the full A/c gear out for me. There seemed to be other stuff disappearing into the back of his red ute - at least he was not as light fingered as some are at u-pull-it :p

Have a little more to do tomorrow night ( including a standard steering rack for JP147 ), windscreen glass, rust free rear hatch, and the touring wagon console, dash etc for me -- then its probably all over red rover for those two wagons.

what were you after Dave ? PM me ASAP

It there anyone so in love with their "L" series wagon that they would like an immaculate black and white checker interior out of a turbo RX for it ??

JP147

Post by JP147 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:19 am

I got myself a steering rack from u pull it as well as a good antenna. The rack is a bit stiff but other than that seems good, I think it just needs a grease.
I probably won't need one now, but if you want to remove it that's good too, there is no such thing as too many spares.
Thanks

Return to “South Australia”