U-Pull-It / Lonsdale...

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:27 pm

Silverbullet wrote:There is also 1 targa top Brumby with not many options, most parts missing including the glass top panels.
If you ever see a Targa top with it's glass, could you grab them for me - then let me know the cost etc and I'll fix you up for them. I would love to have a spare set, just in case!

I'll owe you one!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:48 pm

Will do, dunno when I'll see another one though. I was quite surprised to see that one today actually.
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:54 pm

Silverbullet wrote:Will do, dunno when I'll see another one though. I was quite surprised to see that one today actually.
I know, that's why I asked - more eyes out there looking will mean a greater area of coverage...

Cheers mate!

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

1983wagon

Post by 1983wagon » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:44 am

If anyone's after pretty good condition l series roof racks u pullit Lonsdale is the go. I was going to rip them off but i didnt have the allan key with the hole in the centre. Also a bullbar sitting on one. Slightly bent though. I pinched the original roof racks from the underwater MY that silverbullet was talking about. The screw on top silver one. I don't think ill be putting it on but I like to grab what is rare these days for the MYs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:38 pm

Just came back from the Elizabeth and Gillman yards, slim pickings.

At Elizabeth they seem to have downsized their subie collection by half; there's only 1 row and most of them are liberties, about 3 L's and 1 MY touring wagon still with p/steering, p/windows, digi dash and an A/C button on the dash, although it seems most of the actual A/C system is missing. I'm pretty sure this wagon has decent roof racks.

At Gillman there are 2 MY touring wagons, both still mostly complete with power steering although only 1 has A/C (still all there) 1 of them is a really early wagon, would have had the instrument cluster I need but it was already gone :-x I took the rusty tailgate off the later wagon for the pristine windscreen corner it had, now I have a repair panel for my tailgate :D And a rear windscreen with a working demister. OH and the later one had a rear retractable cargo blind! All mine just for the novelty :rolleyes:

And the final find at Gillman yard was a mostly complete green 2WD Vortex, with EA82 MPFI all still there. Also had complete rear discs but not 4WD so I left them.
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:13 pm

Went to Gillman yard today following a tip off from someone at work; only one plain MY wagon but boy oh boy did it have the goods. 2 inch lift kit, 4 14 inch Sunnies, a sweet bullbar (needs a repaint) and it even had a Weber at some point, but that was gone. Looks like someone had a lot of fun with this car on the beach, all the sills and wheel arches were solid rust. I snagged the wheels, lift and bonnet and get this; each wheel had one weird security nut which someone had obviously had a go at since they were all mangled. The best part was the special socket for those security nuts was in the boot! :o Took me all of 10 minutes to get them all off and I got 4 14 inch wheels for <$100. there were also 2 fenders in very good shape but we couldn't fit them in.

A couple of L series as well, some older Libs and the one that really surprised me was a really early (mid 70's?) sprite green 4 door Leone sedan. Amazing condition for its age; no serious rust that I could see just some bad surface rust underneath, most panels were straight as a die (had a big swipe down one side though) and the door cards were in immaculate condition, as well the heater controls and radio. If I had the space/time I would buy the whole care for resto it wouldn't take much.
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

henpecked

Gold MY touring wagon at Lonsdale U-Pull-It

Post by henpecked » Fri May 16, 2014 11:59 pm

Gold manual MY touring wagon at Lonsdale - p/steering, p/windows, digi dash , A/c and essentially totally immaculate front and rear gold velour seats . Very rusted panels.

Some one has already taken drivers door, windscreen and radiator.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu May 22, 2014 9:35 pm

henpecked wrote:Gold manual MY touring wagon at Lonsdale - p/steering, p/windows, digi dash , A/c and essentially totally immaculate front and rear gold velour seats . Very rusted panels.

Some one has already taken drivers door, windscreen and radiator.
Wouldn't mind the sunviser clips if they are still there?
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

henpecked

Post by henpecked » Fri May 23, 2014 6:27 pm

Ok I'll check them out to see if they are there next week - anything else you are looking for - disk rears for $600 + shipping perhaps ?

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat May 24, 2014 2:58 am

henpecked wrote:disk rears for $600 + shipping perhaps ?
:eek: pass.. that's more than the car is worth :(
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:42 pm

Went to Lonsdale yard again this morning; plenty of L series wagons including one with a complete MPFI EA82 (but someone has nicked the injectors) There's also a higher end L series 4 door sedan with perfect front seats, touring wagon type all adjustable with side support, really comfy.

As for MY's there are a few but slim pickings parts wise, most of them have been picked over pretty well. There's a couple of gold touring wagons, all digi-dash and all the good bits taken pretty much, I got a P/ steering rack (finally! :p) There's also a couple of non-touring wagons; a red one that's pretty much stripped and a silver one that's only been there a week, mostly complete but it has no optioned stuff just an A/C compressor I think. No power windows or P/steering. Most other parts for that one still there.

My power steering rack was $100 (still needs a rebuild) and I also got 2x L series lower control arms for $20 each. Some other interesting cars there as well, an old LADA 4x4 and a huge old 60's chevy truck.
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

henpecked

U-Pull It Salisbury Red Brumby and MY wagon

Post by henpecked » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:40 pm

MY wagon has a very good tailgate, body and towbar and a Lockwood steering lock modification (??), no A/C or radiator and wiper and heater control knobs all gone

the Brumby has a good mini-bullbar and towbar, SOLEX locks but no key, tailgate and rear glass gone, bonnet has two bumps like someone left tools on the engine and slammed bonnet down. Doors seem rusted out at bottom

JP147

Post by JP147 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:43 pm

I got the tow bar tongue from that Brumby, it has an extra hole so it can be put on extra long and so clears my rear bumper and trailer plug.

I went to Lonsdale today and there was a few goodies. There was an L series with 3 or 4 decent looking 13" white steelies.

There was an MY with a decent looking power steering rack in the back seat.

And there was an MY with a big intake manifold:

These have a big carb flange, the same as the EA82. It will save a lot of time using one like this rather than converting an EA82 manifold to fit an EA81. Also these use an EA82 adaptor if you are using a Weber carb or similar.

Phizinza
General Member

Post by Phizinza » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:49 pm

Lonsdale currently has heaps of Gen 1 liberty wagons and sedans, a couple of gen 2 liberty wagons and 1 sedan and two gen 2 Outbacks with DOHC EJ25's. Only two MY wagons but quite a few L's. One of the latest L's is a red one with 4 14" speedys still on it. They are a bit rusty, one in particular is bad. I would get them but at $35 ea with the tyres its just out of my price range for wheels I will end up not using.
One of the L wagons is a MPFI model.
Owned - 89 Brumby, 83 Wagon, 83 Leone 4WD Sedan, 83 Touring Wagon, 99 Outback
Own - 87 Brumby, 93 Liberty, 09 Forester
Offroading Subarus Facebook Page

JP147

Post by JP147 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:13 pm

Phizinza wrote:Lonsdale currently has heaps of Gen 1 liberty wagons and sedans, a couple of gen 2 liberty wagons and 1 sedan and two gen 2 Outbacks with DOHC EJ25's. Only two MY wagons but quite a few L's. One of the latest L's is a red one with 4 14" speedys still on it. They are a bit rusty, one in particular is bad. I would get them but at $35 ea with the tyres its just out of my price range for wheels I will end up not using.
One of the L wagons is a MPFI model.
I could do with some 14" speedys, are they definitely 14s?

Phizinza
General Member

Post by Phizinza » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:36 pm

Yes.

JP147

Post by JP147 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:59 pm

Phizinza wrote:Yes.
I just got them. There is a bit of rust but they have no runout and the tyres are good so I was ok with paying $120 for the lot.

JP147

Post by JP147 » Sun May 03, 2015 8:14 pm

Coupe at Gilman yard, looks pretty good. I didn't check, but in this picture it looks like it has power steering.

Had 4 13" alloy wheels, I took them off to buy them but they wanted $40 each so I left them in the basket at the front. All were usable, one was a bit scratched but nothing major.

Phizinza
General Member

Post by Phizinza » Tue May 05, 2015 9:35 pm

Anyone know if the BH outbacks are still at the Elizabeth U Pull It and if either or both of them are manuals?

henpecked

Post by henpecked » Thu May 07, 2015 5:23 pm

JP147 wrote:Coupe at Gilman yard, looks pretty good. I didn't check, but in this picture it looks like it has power steering.

Had 4 13" alloy wheels, I took them off to buy them but they wanted $40 each so I left them in the basket at the front. All were usable, one was a bit scratched but nothing major.
Power steering is now all gone, however the Air con is still there, its dash panel is electronic NOT analogue and is still there. Auto box. Seats are crap. Windscreen is good. has a tow bar.

I've sent a PM to all the SA group Members, there are still unreplied invite out there to Brumby91, Talasas, Brumby Kid and 1983wagon, pls check your User CP to see the invitation, or PM me for an invite.

cheers

Return to “South Australia”