Harvey Run (Trip report)

SuBaRiNo

Harvey Run (Trip report)

Post by SuBaRiNo » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:17 pm

As some of you know Jaffa, Jonno and I set out the weekend before last (i think it was). To explore some offroad tracks down near Harvey for a future group trip or camping trip.

Down there we found millions of dirt tracks with a range of 4wd difficulties down each. A lot of what we found was rather extream and would not really be suitable for a large offroading group and a lift kit would be a must. The tracks were highly rutted out and there was a lot of running river crossings.

Some of the tracks Jaffa and I deamed too extream but you know what Jonno is like... Whist attempting a steap incline on a very rutted track Jonno's back wheel dipped into a rut and his car slowly rolled onto it's side.

Damage was minamal considering what had happend. I belive the only damage was... dented rear quarter pannel, dented front fender, loss of oil, loss of fuel, loss of brake fluid, and some dents on the roof from us pushing it back over.

We pressed on slowly creeping over the extream stuff and flogging it through the easy stuff. Jaffa and I also had to get snatched out of mud holes during seperate stages of the trip.

The area is very nice and VERY wet this time of year. LOTS of places to camp... scenary is awesome with running streams all over the place. A good time was had by all... even jonno.

Pics are at http://community.webshots.com/album/470910342BmOvJh

Dave

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:40 pm

Thanks for the write up Dave it will be a little harder for me to do from here :(

We WILL be returning here it was a great place to have some fun and explore

Kev

Post by Kev » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:18 pm

Was this the area behind Logue Brook Dam?

Return to “Western Australia”