W.A to S.A run August 2014

Kalbarri_baru

W.A to S.A run August 2014

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:48 pm

It has been in discussion for a few months now between Paul (RSR 555)(W.A), myself (W.A) and Bennie (El_Freddo)(VIC) about a Fishing and Camping run to S.A around August 2014.

I realize this is for mid next year but the idea of an early thread is to get a general feel for who may be interested in this run, and an invite extends to all AUSubaru members Australia wide, Ideally each State would Coordinate with their members in each State within this thread and will be updated as required on this main post.

Throw around a few ideas and lets see what happens, the Eyre Peninsula would be a great spot (Awesome fishing and Camping).

Interested W.A Members:

Wayne (Kalbarri_baru)
Paul (RSR 555)
Jayson (classic jay)
Doug (Subydoug)

Interested S.A Members:

(Silverbullet)

Interested Vic Members

Bennie (El_freddo)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:13 pm

Kalbarri_baru wrote:Paul (RSR 555) good for August (hope this is ok Paul)
All good from my side bro and definitely count me in. If Jayson has his Brumby done by then, I'm sure he'd want to come along too

I'm also interested in going to Le Grand NP near Esperance but might need a day or 2 as it looks awesome. Check this like out...

http://wikitravel.org/en/Cape_Le_Grand_National_Park
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:44 pm

Count me in as a definite maybe :o Would be great to meet a few faces from the forum and everyone meeting in my home state is a chance I can't miss :D I would be very lucky to have my wagon done by then, if it's not done I will at least have my Brum Weberized by then, maybe some bigger wheels/tyres. I read someone mentioning port lincoln way, I'd have to make sure I'm reliable for the 700k drive. Eyre peninsula would work too but I have no idea about 4WD spots, I've never been offroading!

Plenty of time to plan ahead, let's hear the ideas bounce around. I assume it would have to be more than a weekend thing, so 1 week or 2?
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:07 pm

Silverbullet wrote: I have no idea about 4WD spots, I've never been offroading!
The great thing about a big get together is we can all learn from each other, I am always in soft sand on the beach and would be more than happy to show you some techniques on the beach and I carry an assortment of recovery equipment.

Would be great to meet other members and will put you down for interested from S.A.

Cheers

WayneO
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:15 pm

RSR 555 wrote:I'm also interested in going to Le Grand NP near Esperance but might need a day or 2 as it looks awesome.
Yeah Cape Le Grand is an awesome place so is Duke of Orleans Bay East of Cape Le Grand and from there at Condingup we could do the inland road to Baladonia (Roadhouse on the Hwy).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:24 pm

August is very shaky ground for me :( Sucks being a teacher in that regard - can't take annual leave outside of school holidays...

I'll keep an eye on this and see what happens.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:50 pm

El_Freddo wrote:August is very shaky ground for me :( Sucks being a teacher in that regard - can't take annual leave outside of school holidays...

I'll keep an eye on this and see what happens.

Cheers

Bennie
Yeah Bloke I hear ya, sux for me that the only times I get are out of School holidays because Kalbarri is a Tourism town, I did hear there was a bad flu about to strike Vic in ohhh around August, heard it lasts for about 5 days, I can hear a sickie coming on ;), or perhaps I could sneak off for a few days and venture to Vic, would love to see ur L.

Cheers

WayneO.............
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:58 pm

Ceduna has some nice beaches & awesome fishing...people sized mulloway! :twisted:

But you need a permit from the local landowners....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:35 pm

NachaLuva wrote:Ceduna has some nice beaches & awesome fishing...people sized mulloway! :twisted:

But you need a permit from the local landowners....
Check this spot out in both Satellite mode and Map mode in Google Earth, NO Reserve's or National Park (Map mode will show National Park and Reserve's in green). look at the Blue Fish up close and you will see 4wd's and a Caravan there.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/ms?msid= ... 80831b5621

Cheers WayneO......
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:47 pm

Hey WayneO,

I could cook something up with the boss to tag along. Long term plans are hard where I work because one week we could be sitting around, next week flat out making product. Doesn't hurt to let him know anyway.....

Regards

Doug

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:31 pm

Kalbarri_baru wrote:Yeah Cape Le Grand is an awesome place so is Duke of Orleans Bay East of Cape Le Grand and from there at Condingup we could do the inland road to Baladonia (Roadhouse on the Hwy).
I like this.. as you say below, we are staying out of NPs. Would we be able to get to Orleans Bay in one day?
Kalbarri_baru wrote:Check this spot out in both Satellite mode and Map mode in Google Earth, NO Reserve's or National Park (Map mode will show National Park and Reserve's in green). look at the Blue Fish up close and you will see 4wd's and a Caravan there.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/ms?msid= ... 80831b5621

Cheers WayneO......
Perfect for the 2nd (or 3rd depending on plans) camp spot :)
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:05 pm

RSR 555 wrote:Would we be able to get to Orleans Bay in one day?
Duke of Orleans Bay is less than 60km from the Cape le Grand T/O and even less if everyone has a 4wd this would take it down to half that distance if we travel from Rossiter bay along the beach towards Duke of Orleans bay (Condingup).

So can we make it to Duke of Orleans bay from Cape le Grand in one day unless we all get bogged on the beach (Yes) from Perth, well that depends.

I reckon we float a plan for some user input for the where, how and why, I can create an draft itinerary in PDF with some suggested stops for those that are interested to view and make comment, (Need about a week to complete).

I can make it to Esperance (Cape le Grand) in a day from Rockingham / Mandurah, Hey Paul would ur workshop be a good starting point for everyone ???.

Esperance will be the last cheap fuel and groceries until Ceduna so it might be worth getting there during business hours.

Cheers

WayneO..................
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:57 pm

I'm happy to go straight to Orleans Bay and just drive through Le Grand.

I'm happy to make the starting point the workshop but for some this might be out of the way. If we leave from Rocko? you're welcome to stop over at my place, so we could leave early in the morning.

I'll be getting all my food supplies before I leave, as I shouldn't be using too much in the first day but I'd like to work out the kms, so I can check whether I'll have enough for the inland road and for what ever beach running we do?

Might be good to sit down one night and go over some tracks, so we can work out the best way across.. I can't wait !!

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:11 pm

RSR 555 wrote:Might be good to sit down one night and go over some tracks, so we can work out the best way across.. I can't wait !!
No worries let me know when ya wanna do that, I will be down in late Feb 2014 if you want to look at Maps and Tracks.

Cheers

WayneO.............
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:15 pm

Subydoug wrote:Hey WayneO,

I could cook something up with the boss to tag along. Long term plans are hard where I work because one week we could be sitting around, next week flat out making product. Doesn't hurt to let him know anyway.....

Regards

Doug
Awesome, would be great to have you along, so its a sorta kinda mabee definite, will lock you in for interested.

Cheers

WayneO................
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 pm

Kalbarri_baru wrote:No worries let me know when ya wanna do that, I will be down in late Feb 2014 if you want to look at Maps and Tracks.

Cheers

WayneO.............
ASAP and don't think I can wait till Feb 2014 :p

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:08 am

hummmmmm:rolleyes:
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:33 pm

RSR 555 wrote:ASAP and don't think I can wait till Feb 2014 :p
:lol: yeah ok I hear ya, spose we had better look at where our destination is likely to end at (Adelaide, Eyre Peninsula) and work out how much time everyone has off, I will be good for 2 and a half weeks (18 days) (Rockingham to Rockingham).

Looks like Guy is giving this some thought.

Cheers

WayneO.....................
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:37 pm

Kalbarri_baru wrote::lol: yeah ok I hear ya, spose we had better look at where our destination is likely to end at (Adelaide, Eyre Peninsula) and work out how much time everyone has off, I will be good for 2 and a half weeks (18 days) (Rockingham to Rockingham).
I'd like to end up at Coffin Bay, as this was my plan for this year. This is really good for all (IMO) unless you have any other plans?

18 days from Rocko to Rocko should be plenty. The other thing is I've only been thinking of the trip across, there's also the return trip to stop and see other places.
Kalbarri_baru wrote::Looks like Guy is giving this some thought.
He's like Ken.. always keen until the time comes :(

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:01 pm

Deffinately interested WayneO. Il run it past the boss. Like I said though work is very in the moment for me so long term plans can be difficult.

Regards

Doug

Return to “Western Australia”