Need to get away trip :)

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:49 pm

Take heaps of pics you lucky buggers! !!
Some other us are slaving away at work. Lol

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:44 pm

Sunset today.

Good to see some of the evolution of the subarus. Plenty more pics.

Regards

Doug

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:45 am

One for Wayno ;).

Doug

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:16 pm

The best looking and most powerful L series on the trip (the only one) LOL, had an absolute blast, no fish caught and I struggled on the hill climbs, but gr8 company always an adventure exploring new spots.

Great meeting Doug and Nigel for the first time, Doug supplied the cameras and managed some great footage (Thanx Doug).

Can't wait for the next trip, I am free in Feb 2014 and if the S.A trip is going ahead then also in August 2014, I know Paul is keen, be nice to see some other L's next time as I was out numbered by EJ's and MY's.

Thanks for the weekend Paul, Doug, Jason and Nigel.

Cheers WayneO.....................
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

classic jay

Post by classic jay » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:35 pm

classic jay

Post by classic jay » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:50 pm

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:59 pm

Nigel's auto parts, this Foz can fly although landings need some practice LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:03 pm

Ant cam

Doug's short cut

Ahhhh the beach
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sykes

Post by Sykes » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:19 pm

Thanks for the trip guys. Sorry it had to be so short for me.

Things I learnt;
  • Paul, Wayne, Doug and Jason are top blokes
  • The EA82 was great for laying tracks on the beach
  • The EJ25 can get to the top of that hill
  • If you don't want sand inside the car it is a good idea to close the windows
  • Subaru lets you know which parts aren't important on a car by making them out of plastic. They are also easy to remove
  • If you don't want to be put off your lunch don't go sticking your nose into random bags you find on the side of the road
Thanks to Wayne for that last one. It's good to be shown by example.

I'm looking forward to the next one.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:32 pm

Nice shot of the 4 at Port Denison

Was an awesome weekend and as usual, we ete too good thanks to Wayneo and his cooking skills, which I can say he won the cooking contest between him and Jayson.

No probs Nigel and thanks for coming along, I wish you could have come up for longer but glad to see you even put the effort in for an overnighter.. puts some of the other long time members to shame. I also love your pointers and would like to say, I think there was only one car that didn't make it up that hill ;) but because he had the only one there, we won't mention his name :)
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:55 pm

Bloody hell, busy day back at work.

Yeah cheers Paul for getting this all together, good to get out of the big smoke for a while. I hope your tyres got you home OK and no trouble from the fuzz. Yellow beast! shoot us an email with some details for me to get you some doh, or Il run down some time next weekend with some cash. Great to meet you Wayno, and your immaculate L series monster. Like I said your welcome to the ea82 out of my vortex when I get around to swapping it to something else. A weber on top of the stock mani would give you a substantial increase in pony's. Bit of work though. There if you want it.
Nigel, nice catching up again. Still cant believe how that foz rocketed up that dune. Dont think Il ever forget that. A CB, compressor and some basic recovery gear and you'l be set to tackle most things you come across.

Uploaded all my pics to my imageshack, here are a few for the couch potato's.

first day out on the beach, Nigel was still on his way down.

Yeah, brace yourselves for lots of MY. What can I say?

Wayno's L series.

Down in the car park.

Little Lizard. Had the courtesy to hang around for a piccy.

Pic with the Brumby that was for sale at the caravan park. Not too shabby at all.

Opp's! how about next time you look where your reversing Doug!

Already posted a pic like this but I also like this one.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:56 pm

Awesome pics guys!
Kalbarri_baru wrote:be nice to see some other L's next time as I was out numbered by EJ's and MY's.
I was going to say that it's pretty rare these days to have more MYs than L's or even EJ's! The MY offroaders are pretty much done over here since Subaruby moved onto an EJ offroader :(

Look after them while you've still got them.

And Paul, great to see the yellow sub is on the go again - how's that shaft holding in there?

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:56 pm

All parked up on some harder dirt while spinning around. One of many Kodak moments!

my MY again.

Paul's beast with Nigel's Foz, equally beastly!

Like Wayno said, opps!

More opp's from me. Now that I think about it, I had quite a few moments!

Nigel's Foz, looking gooood.

Check out the articulation on honeycomb!

Love that L!

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:59 pm

Little snake at camp.

A little bit more Foz!

All of us at the Marina getting some lunch.

Thats about it. There are more in my imageshack account but meh.

Also got a fair bit of footage from the roof cams that I put on all the cars. Caught some funny stuff. Il sit down, go thru it all and maybe throw something together on youtube if some of you would like to see.

Deffinately keen for some more. Motor is getting fixed this weekend so Il need some more beachocilin soon :-P.

Regards

Doug

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:06 pm

So jealous. I would've loved to have been there! Ruby Scoo would be a real bush pig beside WayneO's L series (that looks like a show room example!).

Cheers

Bennie

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:25 pm

El_Freddo wrote:And Paul, great to see the yellow sub is on the go again - how's that shaft holding in there?
Yeah it is and yep all fixed. The CV mob put a large sleeve over the shaft and it held up perfectly. The Clutch is the next thing that needs work. I think it's on it's way out and got a little hot a few times this weekend. She has a dual range box in her but the previous owner didn't connect the cable correctly, so I've never come out of high range, so my thoughts are why not just put a 4.44 WRX box in it?
El_Freddo wrote:So jealous. I would've loved to have been there! Ruby Scoo would be a real bush pig beside WayneO's L series (that looks like a show room example!).
Would have been great to have your L there but really wouldn't have helped as you've EJ'd it :) You think Wayneo's beast is clean, well you want to see under the bonnet, she's like brand new and shinny. Even had to make a special run into Gero so we could go to the car wash.. there was 3 grains of sand under the bonnet :-P
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:30 pm

RSR 555 wrote:Would have been great to have your L there but really wouldn't have helped as you've EJ'd it :)
Still an L series!
RSR 555 wrote:You think Wayneo's beast is clean, well you want to see under the bonnet, she's like brand new and shinny. Even had to make a special run into Gero so we could go to the car wash.. there was 3 grains of sand under the bonnet :-P
I already have - she's a beaut! :rolleyes:

Cheers

Bennie

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:41 pm

Subydoug wrote:Bloody hell, busy day back at work.
Damn work.. gets in the way all the time but next time, we'll plan it a bit more and I'm really keen on that Warren River/Yeagarup Dunes trip. If you want to post something up and get some ideas and dates together?
Subydoug wrote:Yeah cheers Paul for getting this all together, good to get out of the big smoke for a while. I hope your tyres got you home OK and no trouble from the fuzz. Yellow beast! shoot us an email with some details for me to get you some doh, or Il run down some time next weekend with some cash.
No worries bro and happy to do some more. Tyres were fine and really gave no trouble at all. I will look at getting some new ones and keep these as spares but the tread is so good. As for $$, just cover me on the next trip and I'll be happy :)
Subydoug wrote:Great to meet you Wayno, and your immaculate L series monster. Like I said your welcome to the ea82 out of my vortex when I get around to swapping it to something else. A weber on top of the stock mani would give you a substantial increase in pony's. Bit of work though. There if you want it.
I think a Weber powered EA82 EFI engine would be perfect and would be happy to take on the challenge of getting it to work in an L.
Subydoug wrote:Nigel, nice catching up again. Still cant believe how that foz rocketed up that dune. Dont think Il ever forget that. A CB, compressor and some basic recovery gear and you'l be set to tackle most things you come across.
I second this Nig. I'd grab a set of those cheap max-tracks, the ebay special 160CFM compressor and a good quality handheld, then lets go :)
Subydoug wrote:Yeah, brace yourselves for lots of MY. What can I say?
I know what to say... BRING IT ON !!!
Subydoug wrote:Image
Pic with the Brumby that was for sale at the caravan park. Not too shabby at all.
Yeah, she was a smick unit for $5k (and probably negotiable), so if anyone want's the details, just PM me.
Subydoug wrote:Opp's! how about next time you look where your reversing Doug!
Just cause you fixed your reverse :)

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:47 pm

Hey Doug, I just found this on the web :)
http://www.outback-australia-adventure- ... er-wa.html

I'm there !!

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:12 pm

Here's the link to Mike's post when we went back in 08 but for some reason Mike's pics aren't showing up :(
showthread.php?t=10364

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Western Australia”