I'll be in WA... but...

El_Freddo
Master Member

I'll be in WA... but...

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:14 pm

Well, plans are afoot for a big trip to WA but it involves my school, Ruby Scoo's not coming and I highly doubt I'll have time to catch up with anyone unless you happen to be camped in the same park/free camp ground and recognise me (doubtful except for those I met in '07).

Anyway what I can tell you is we're headed up from Perth to Exmouth to spend some time on the Ningaloo Reef :twisted: Should be a tough gig all going well!

I'm also after some info on a road between Lancelin and Cervantes (the NP below the town) - I've heard a rumour that it's now a sealed road, I'm doubtful but apparently that's one of the reasons we got these road maps cheap. If anyone can set the record straight that would be awesome.

And I can't believe I'll be in this totally awesome area at I've seen soooo much video footage of without Ruby Scoo or a subaru crew to cruise with!

Still, can't complain - it's going to be an awesome trip even if I'm wrecked after it!

WayneO if I'm out your way I'll try my best to stop in your shop and say g'day ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:51 pm

Yeah they finished the new road about 3yrs ago so it's definitely open, have fun.
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:08 am

Look forward to the visit, if u need anything this end just sing out.

Cheers WayneO.................
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:59 am

Sounds great Bennie, so the big question is.. WHEN??

I'm sure we could swing be and say hello :cool:

BTW.. Tom is correct, the Indian Ocean Drive is a totally sealled road all the way north, coming out on the Brand Hwy just south of Greenough. Also, if you're heading to Coral Bay/Exmouth, then you'll probably miss Kalbarri, unless you turn off the Hwy and stay there for the day. It's a great place to show the kids.. the loop and z-bend
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:23 pm

d_generate wrote:Yeah they finished the new road about 3yrs ago so it's definitely open, have fun.
Sweet. This is going to be a great trip, even if it's all black top/un-sealed roads in 2wd vehicles with a bunch of interesting kids.
Kalbarri_baru wrote:Look forward to the visit, if u need anything this end just sing out.
Will do mate, we could be buying bait from you for all I know - I'm down on the plan to those finer details.
RSR 555 wrote:Sounds great Bennie, so the big question is.. WHEN??
I'll be in Coral Bay for Anzac day, I can tell you that much!
RSR 555 wrote:if you're heading to Coral Bay/Exmouth, then you'll probably miss Kalbarri, unless you turn off the Hwy and stay there for the day. It's a great place to show the kids.. the loop and z-bend
We've got two nights near there, I dare say I'll be able to catch up with WayneO at some stage while we're there - I'm hoping to anyway. We'll be on our return to Perth at this stage.

Really looking forward to it! But I've got a lot of work to do before then - two weeks of school work to have laid out ready to go; I'm going to aim for three so I've got it easy on the first week after the trip ;) We'll see how I go on that one...

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:07 am

El_Freddo wrote:I'll be in Coral Bay for Anzac day, I can tell you that much!
Oh please tell me this is ANZAC day 2013
El_Freddo wrote:We've got two nights near there, I dare say I'll be able to catch up with WayneO at some stage while we're there - I'm hoping to anyway.
Man.. you're killing me.. who's organizing this? we need to get them sorted :p
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Return to “Western Australia”