[WA] Horrocks - Kalbarri Anzac weekend 2013

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:00 am

taza wrote:Wicked! Looks good Paul, have a fun trip.

Last week I did 65hours at work in 6 days so I just haven't had time to get my L over the pits plus do the head gaskets to it too.
The Foz is almost dead and your understandably busy so that won't be ready to go either. Next time I can hopefully make a trip.
Yes I will but I don't think it will be this time for us too. I've had quite a few people pul out and the only people coming aren't in a Subaru (beside me and Guyph), so unfortunately, we might have to put this off until another time :(

On a plus, this might give me some time to work on your EJ25, which as a matter of fact just got droped off today.. yay
Subydoug wrote:Hmmm, that bonnet scoop isnt suss at all :rolleyes:. Looks like a beast. My old folks was yellow as well. Its probably still sitting out in the paddock where it was left. Poor little thing rusted out :(.

Re-gopro, completely forgot to mention that on the weekend. If your keen, Il have to have a dig around and see if I have some mounting plates and what-not for it. If not its just held in by a bolt, so you could get pretty creative....

Regards

Doug
Not at all Doug.. even the 15" RS Liberty rims with big tyres don't look suss either ;) If only I had a pic of under the bonnet.. on hang on.. I have one right here

Thanks for the offer of the GoPro, I will take you up on it next time. Cheers
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:36 am

So is it all off then ?

I didn't really want to pull out but the missus doesn't want to go, I don't have any money and there is a very slight chance I may need to pull my finger out over the weekend and get my RS back on the road and my shed all packed up ready to move to Canberra............................
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:12 am

That looks sweet mate. Must go like a shower of $h!T. At a pinch i might be able to go, but works a little bit unpredicitable at the moment. If your hanging on to not going because of lack of guys, count me in if you like and Il tell the boss to, well.....Hate for you fella's to miss out because I had to work. Hardly seems fair ;).

Regards

Doug

90brumby
General Member

Post by 90brumby » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:30 am

I reckon il still head up might just stay in a caravan park in kalbarri tho not going to camp on the beach on my own
The New Owner Of hatchie
A 00 outback for doner car
2 door wrx being restored

owned plently of other subis before

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:24 pm

I'd still be keen to get away for a day and maybe an overnight stay. Or we can all crash back at my place :)

Maybe we could make it a "lets help Ken" weekend and get my RS back on wheels ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:26 pm

Geez Paul, where have you been hiding that ride! And for how long?

Wish I could be there guys, I'm so close yet so far!!

I hope it goes ahead, I'll be there next week to meet WayneO - looking forward to it!

Have a ball!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:08 pm

Well shame there was such a mass exodus, any way my place is still available for those who are still thinking of heading up here (spare room with 4 beds), or if you guys are swagging or tenting then there are some great camp spots up river with good Fishing.

Offers there if needed.

Cheers WayneO..................
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

akpv

Post by akpv » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:21 am

Im heading up steep point / francois peron national park way, bit further away but anyone at a loose end is free to tag along. Leaving tomorrow after work aiming to get around half way tomorrow night. Will return sunday arvo / eve.

akpv

Post by akpv » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:29 am

RSR 555 wrote: Not at all Doug.. even the 15" RS Liberty rims with big tyres don't look suss either ;)
Nice work, do you have to remove teh engine to change the plugs? Looks like it would be a scary drive.

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:27 am

RSR 555 wrote: Image
Very nice :cool:

Not sure bout the bonnet stay though lol :-P

Whats the round black thing on the intake? Also, I couldnt spot a coil pack or leads?

Good question bout changing the plugs...how do you do it?!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:24 am

niterida wrote:So is it all off then ?
Unfortunately yes :( I thought we had enough time for people to get organised but hey, there will be another time.
Subydoug wrote:If your hanging on to not going because of lack of guys, count me in if you like and Il tell the boss to, well.....Hate for you fella's to miss out because I had to work. Hardly seems fair ;)
Thanks Doug. Hopefully next time we can get you to come along?
90brumby wrote:I reckon il still head up might just stay in a caravan park in kalbarri tho not going to camp on the beach on my own
Definitely worth the trip
niterida wrote:I'd still be keen to get away for a day and maybe an overnight stay. Or we can all crash back at my place :)

Maybe we could make it a "lets help Ken" weekend and get my RS back on wheels ;)
LOL.. nice try Ken
Kalbarri_baru wrote:Well shame there was such a mass exodus, any way my place is still available for those who are still thinking of heading up here (spare room with 4 beds), or if you guys are swagging or tenting then there are some great camp spots up river with good Fishing.

Offers there if needed.

Cheers WayneO..................
Yes it was Wayne.. hopefully next time? Thanks for the offer and maybe we can get the Subaru gang together and get up there soon.
akpv wrote:Im heading up steep point / francois peron national park way, bit further away but anyone at a loose end is free to tag along. Leaving tomorrow after work aiming to get around half way tomorrow night. Will return sunday arvo / eve.
Which one? Steep Point or Francois Peron? both are on different peninsulas. Went to Francois Peron NP last year and stayed at Bottle Bay. We loved it and would love to go again. If you go to Francois Peron NP, make sure you stop at the station and have a swim in the natural hot tub.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:40 am

Subydoug wrote:That looks sweet mate. Must go like a shower of $h!T.
It goes very well due to it's lack of weight. I just put the camper on the back and she still took off like a scalded cat.
El_Freddo wrote:Geez Paul, where have you been hiding that ride! And for how long?
We brought a little time ago but was waiting for Jayson to create a post. I'll start one up.
akpv wrote:Nice work, do you have to remove teh engine to change the plugs? Looks like it would be a scary drive.
With great difficulty. So yes, I reckon when they need doing at the 100,000kms mark, I'll probably pull the engine out, as I'm sure it will need new seals, belts, gaskets and other bits and pieces.
NachaLuva wrote:Very nice :cool:

Not sure bout the bonnet stay though lol :-P

Whats the round black thing on the intake? Also, I couldnt spot a coil pack or leads?

Good question bout changing the plugs...how do you do it?!

That was what the prevous owner was using but we have gone back to using the original rod (which I found lying around in the engine bay) but it needs the little rubber grommet.

That black thing is the intack resonator box, it stops that loud induction noise when the throttle is wide open. It comes on the factory early WRX setup (which is what this setup came from) but the air filter box is off a different manufacture which I can't even say the name out loud.

The coil packs are on top of each spark plug, so no need for HT leads.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

akpv

Post by akpv » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:57 am

RSR 555 wrote: Which one? Steep Point or Francois Peron? both are on different peninsulas. Went to Francois Peron NP last year and stayed at Bottle Bay. We loved it and would love to go again. If you go to Francois Peron NP, make sure you stop at the station and have a swim in the natural hot tub.
Pretty loose plan at this stage. Will most likely be camping in Francois Peron and will do a day trip to steep point on one of the days, I know it is a fair bit of a drive but really keen to check out steep point before I leave WA in a month or so. The camping at steep point was all booked out. Might give the ranger a call this arvo and check there haven't been any cancellations. Thanks for the tip on the hot spring, looks good!

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:57 am

Yeah no worries Paul. Might go fishing myself then down mandurah way or something. Also might do the EFI swap on the old girl, so that should be interesting ;).

Deffinately next time though. Il have new everything by then :D

Regards

Doug

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:07 am

akpv wrote:Pretty loose plan at this stage. Will most likely be camping in Francois Peron and will do a day trip to steep point on one of the days, I know it is a fair bit of a drive but really keen to check out steep point before I leave WA in a month or so. The camping at steep point was all booked out. Might give the ranger a call this arvo and check there haven't been any cancellations. Thanks for the tip on the hot spring, looks good!
No probs.. have fun.. I know you will :)
Subydoug wrote:Yeah no worries Paul. Might go fishing myself then down mandurah way or something. Also might do the EFI swap on the old girl, so that should be interesting ;).

Deffinately next time though. Il have new everything by then :D

Regards

Doug
If you're up for it, I'll be heading to Cervantes for a fish. Give me a bell today if you want?

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

akpv

Post by akpv » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:20 am

Had a great trip. Ended up getting a camping spot at steep point and spent a night out there, then the next two nights in francois peron. Highlights of the trip trip for me were the blow holes at thunder bay and the amazing currents and wildlife (mantas, turtles, dolphins, fish) you can see from skipjack point.

Shitty phone pic of the blowholes. These are about 20m above sea level and made the most amazing breathing noises.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:35 am

Cool pic.. need to make a AUSubaru trip to Steep Point :)

Here's us at Hill River

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Western Australia”