[WA] Horrocks - Kalbarri Anzac weekend 2013

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:24 am

Kalbarri_baru wrote:Will be working throughout that period (Peak Season in a Tourism Town) however I am working on the Boss to get at least one day off to join in, I will be catching up with you guys after work daily when I can.
Fully understand buddy and wouldn't want you to take the time off. I'm sure we'll be catching up sometime over the 4 days. You're more than welcome to stop overnight with us at anytime.. like we could ever stop you.. I'm still wanting to try those famous lamb chops ;)
Kalbarri_baru wrote:Does anyone require anything from my end, example is I have Maxx Traxx, a six person tent, collapsible BBQ hotplate with wind break, Compressor, Staun's set to 15psi, 5m x 5m shade sail, solar panel (80w folding with MPPT controller and two car batteries), Paul if you want to arrange this with the others as to what you guys would like to borrow then let me know and I will organize it and bring it down the first night you arrive (Horrocks ? Port Gregory ? Lucky Bay ? Wagoe ?).
I'm pretty well kitted up but thanks for the offer. As we are going in a group, we'll try and not double up with too much stuff.

Haven't really discussed the finer details with Ken yet, but I'm hoping to stop off at Horrorks (or there abouts) for the first night, then Lucky Bay for the Friday night, then maybe Wagoe for the Saturday night (which I was going to ask you if you could check for us if that is possible?), then cruise up to Kalbarri on Sunday and from there (and depending on time) is to what we go and do or see?
Kalbarri_baru wrote:I will be providing all with Tailor rigs (you will need your own sinkers though) and if you need bait I will have a heap of fresh Mullet.
Sounds awesome mate. I'll bring plenty of sinkers.
Kalbarri_baru wrote:My unit will be available to all whilst you are in Kalbarri (4 spare beds, a shower, Washing Machine or to kick back and relax).
We are pretty much self-sufficient but can't speak for others. I'm sure a good shower before the drive home would be great.
taza wrote:If my motor is in then hell yes I'll be coming... Prob just me in the foz with a 70l esky full of CC's :D
I have all my gear that I need, plus if we hit Kalbarri too I'll pop home for a visit and see the parents..
By the sounds of that esky, I better get cracking on your engine.. as soon as I get home :p

We'll be in Kalbarri on Sunday and depends on others as to what we want to do.. Gorges, River Bank Tour, Tourist stuff, etc..

We will have plenty of time over the 3 days prior to talk about it.. speaking of talking about it, does everyone have a UHF radio?
niterida wrote:done
Thanks Ken.
Subydoug wrote:Il see Paul. If I do come it'l be just me, the MY and Il see if I can stick the tinny on the roof. Lots to do to the wagon but so Il see how I go during the nexxt few weeks.
No probs Doug. Sleep.. do you really need it? LOL
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:31 pm

Nah sleeps overrated ;). Will see how I go. Putting other hobbies to the side for now.

90brumby
General Member

Post by 90brumby » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Ill still be coming. Have to sort out my camper trailer still and sadly won't be bring the hatchie to this one will probably be into nissan that's if I'm allowed in a nissan
The New Owner Of hatchie
A 00 outback for doner car
2 door wrx being restored

owned plently of other subis before

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:30 pm

90brumby wrote:Ill still be coming. Have to sort out my camper trailer still and sadly won't be bring the hatchie to this one will probably be into nissan that's if I'm allowed in a nissan
Who the hell brings a Nissan (especially when they own an awesome hatch) to a Subaru outing? You have plenty of time to get Hatchie sorted. There isn't that much to sort out on the trailer.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:25 pm

For those that are interested, I've been playing on Google Earth today and had a look at some spots to camp at. I'm sure things might change when we get there, as we'll need to assess weather conditions on the day.

Thursday night at a spot just north of Horricks (been told 'Little Bay' but not sure)

Friday night at Lucky Bay

Now not sure whether or not to stay at Wagoe or head into Kalbarri for the last night? but here is a pic of Wagoe

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:37 am

cool. cant wait:)
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:27 pm

I'm getting excited!!! Gonna be a wicked trip... Might bring my new mrs along if she's up for it. I don't really mind where we stay, where ever it is we will have a blast.

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:50 pm

The first night you are planning at Horrocks as shown on the first map is certainly Little Bay, there are about 5 camp bays and they charge about $15 per night.

If you are planning to stay at Wagoe beach, then you might want to check out this spot http://goo.gl/maps/SJn0D this spot is called the lagoon, it is popular for fishos as it can be safely fished at night (Surf) as there is a sand bank covering the reef (minimal snags) there is a good dune on the southern end that acts as a wind break, and on the odd occasion you can get Blue Mannas Crabs from the lagoon.

Cheers WayneO..........
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:34 pm

Still donno if I can make it fella's. Other things keep popping up. Looks like I may be in busselton that weekend for family crap.

Regards

Doug

95Liberty

Post by 95Liberty » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:45 am

looks like I cant go. I didn't realize Anzac day was on a Thursday and by the time I get back from holidays, it will be to late to book a day off. Feels like I've been screwed over by a public holiday.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:22 am

guyph_01 wrote:cool. cant wait:)
taza wrote:I'm getting excited!!! Gonna be a wicked trip... Might bring my new mrs along if she's up for it. I don't really mind where we stay, where ever it is we will have a blast.
Me too guys.. We'll need to get everyone together before we go, so we can work out what we are all taking. No point carry more than we have to.
Kalbarri_baru wrote:The first night you are planning at Horrocks as shown on the first map is certainly Little Bay, there are about 5 camp bays and they charge about $15 per night.
Cheers WayneO.. is this an honest box deal or do we need to book it in with the ranger?
Kalbarri_baru wrote:If you are planning to stay at Wagoe beach, then you might want to check out this spot http://goo.gl/maps/SJn0D this spot is called the lagoon, it is popular for fishos as it can be safely fished at night (Surf) as there is a sand bank covering the reef (minimal snags) there is a good dune on the southern end that acts as a wind break, and on the odd occasion you can get Blue Mannas Crabs from the lagoon.
Looks like a nice camp spot, thanks buddy
Subydoug wrote:Still donno if I can make it fella's. Other things keep popping up. Looks like I may be in busselton that weekend for family crap.
That is crap Doug.. hopefully you can come another time
95Liberty wrote:looks like I cant go. I didn't realize Anzac day was on a Thursday and by the time I get back from holidays, it will be to late to book a day off. Feels like I've been screwed over by a public holiday.
That's not good news Matt... maybe you might not feel to good on Friday ;)

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:47 am

Ok.. almost a week to go.. who's definite?

Need to get together this weekend and work out what we are all taking? I've started packing up the yellow beast, mainly with kids stuff :(

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:11 am

:) I'm in:D
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:04 pm

Well if my Ej25 is done I will be, otherwise I'll be staying in Perth ;) 2 weeks to go you mean.. :P

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:35 pm

Nah Im deffinately out. WAY to much crap going on with work, moving units and what not. Make sure you pack some camera's. I have a spare gopro if anyone wants a beater camera to stick on there car ;).

Doug

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:16 pm

guyph_01 wrote::) I'm in:D
Awesome.. and how many cars? and people?
taza wrote:Well if my Ej25 is done I will be, otherwise I'll be staying in Perth ;) 2 weeks to go you mean.. :P
Today = 15th.. ANZAC = 25th.. 25-15=10.. when I went to school we only had 7 days in a week.. hence the "amost a week" but I know you're trying to help me.. LOL.. as for your EJ25, apparently the bore and crank are within spec.. so standard rebuild it will be.. YAY !!

What's wrong with the new EJ22 powered L?
Subydoug wrote:Nah Im deffinately out. WAY to much crap going on with work, moving units and what not. Make sure you pack some camera's. I have a spare gopro if anyone wants a beater camera to stick on there car ;).

Doug
Lame excuses Doug but I will definitely take lots of pics to make you sad that you didn't come ;)

I'll take your GoPro but you need to do the editing :p

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:02 am

Whats the saying? excuses are like a$$holes, everyone has one and they all stink!

If you want the gopro to take, il see what I can do to get it to you.

Doug

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:46 am

Thanks Doug, that would be great. Cheers

Almost got the car packed..

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:13 pm

Wicked! Looks good Paul, have a fun trip.

Last week I did 65hours at work in 6 days so I just haven't had time to get my L over the pits plus do the head gaskets to it too.
The Foz is almost dead and your understandably busy so that won't be ready to go either. Next time I can hopefully make a trip.

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:21 pm

Hmmm, that bonnet scoop isnt suss at all :rolleyes:. Looks like a beast. My old folks was yellow as well. Its probably still sitting out in the paddock where it was left. Poor little thing rusted out :(.

Re-gopro, completely forgot to mention that on the weekend. If your keen, Il have to have a dig around and see if I have some mounting plates and what-not for it. If not its just held in by a bolt, so you could get pretty creative....

Regards

Doug

Return to “Western Australia”