Powerlines, yesterday 23/12/2011

Thalass

Powerlines, yesterday 23/12/2011

Post by Thalass » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:46 pm

My Dad is over from Melbourne, and so my brother and I took him on the powerlines track. My brother in his Disco, my Dad in his Cruiser, and me in my stock Outback.

I made it! But man, the track has changed since last time i went through. The chicken tracks are pretty rough on my little car! I made it most of the way, even over the large rocky hill that was troublesome last time, but then missed the line going over a rut near the end and bent my right driving light, so it points at the ground hahaha. But at least the radiator and cross member are still good. Don't want to fix those again!

It was great fun (if long - the missus was getting the shits towards the end), but it really made me think i need to lift the outback and get a proper bash plate and roo bar.

So i need to bend the bumper back into place, and the front left CV is clicky, so will need to be replaced. Oh well, totally worth it.
Living in Canada now. Looking at all these SVXs for sale...
I'VE GOT AN OUTBACK AGAIN WOOT

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:43 pm

yeh the track has definetly changed a bit over the years. still fun though :)

davo
no more subarus

[/SIZE] [/color][/B][/color][/SIZE][/color]http://community.webshots.com/user/D3V1L9

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:30 pm

Sounds good :cool: I know wht its like doing it with stock clearance, it cost me a clutch the next day after I was out there :rolleyes:

All good fun though. I can't wait to go out there again, now with mods!!

Got any pics or vids?

Thalass

Post by Thalass » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:38 pm

My brother took a bunch of photos, but he's gone back to Melbourne with Dad so i won't see them for a week or so, when he gets back.

I'm not sure which CV is damaged, actually. It clicks under acceleration, which means inner, and mostly when turning left, so it could be both the left inner and outer. But it may be clicking faintly on the right, too. Dangit haha
Living in Canada now. Looking at all these SVXs for sale...
I'VE GOT AN OUTBACK AGAIN WOOT

Return to “Western Australia”