Attn Seagull or anyone that has contact with him.

lovey80

Attn Seagull or anyone that has contact with him.

Post by lovey80 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:00 am

Hi All,

A while back I purchased a Cusco rear LSD for my Brumby Rebuild that has been going on for a while in the build ups section. Rick (RTCB65) has informed me that there is a fault with the diff that he thinks can't be rectified. Both myself and Rick have tried to PM him about the diff with no reply.

If any of you out there have contact with him please let me know.

I have poured a lot of money into this car and have paid top dollar for a diff that it seems may not be serviceable so if someone could get me into contact with Seagull I would really appreciate it.

Cheers

Chris

Rick if you see this mate could you please put up a post to detail what is wrong with the diff.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:46 pm

I know him but not that well.. I believe you could try and PM Tom (d_generate) he has delt with him a lot.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:50 pm

RSR 555 wrote:I know him but not that well.. I believe you could try and PM Tom (d_generate) he has delt with him a lot.
ditto...he also frequents the perth4x4.net forums and the patrol4x4wa forums.

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:54 pm

Also perthWRX and rsliberty.
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:26 pm

Neil's a good guy - I'm sure he wouldn't have knowingly sold you something faulty. I'm sure he will respond to PM's once he reads them.

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:15 am

his number is listed in his forsale advert, give that a go.
vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=1293

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:44 am

The problem is , Now to try to explain this in writing. The ring ( locking ring ) is towards the end of the shaft on the cup. In the diff, the place for the ring to lock into is in the wrong spot . For it to sit right. the lock ring would have to be at the other end of the drive spline in the diff. As we don't know enough about cusco diffs, we wont take it apart . What it looks like , is either the ring grove was machined in the wrong place or , if it is possible , the spline was put in the wrong.

rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:02 am

correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there different types of shafts available for the rear diffs on later model subarus ?

I don't think that the spline inside the diff can be reversed. (information please?)

you could however, measure where the circlip is in relation to the shaft and make a new groove on the shaft to relocate the circlip to match the diff.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:11 am

TOONGA wrote:correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there different types of shafts available for the rear diffs on later model subarus ?

I don't think that the spline inside the diff can be reversed. (information please?)

you could however, measure where the circlip is in relation to the shaft and make a new groove on the shaft to relocate the circlip to match the diff.

TOONGA
You are right toonga, there are different shafts. But like you said, correct me if i am wrong, i believe the ring mount is in the same place. It is the ends that are different Eg: tapered ends, straight ends .

We spoke to some one that imports cars and he said that all cusco's he has come across ( hundreds ) takes standard impreza cups.

One thing we have set out to do with this brumby is, when the time comes , is to have all parts that need replacing , to be off the shelf as much as possible. We know the mods we have done, but the owner doesn't.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:47 am

correct tapered ends, straight ends, six stud pop in short shafts WRX (scroll down ), but I'm sure somewhere I've seen subaru rear diff shafts with the circlip in the same position as in the cusco diff you have.

Of course I have just spent the last 20-30 minutes (between stopping the kids from fighting) trying to find a picture of those shafts (the internet has lots of pictures but never the right end of the shaft)

anyone out there have pictures or shafts they could take pictures of please.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:14 pm

I am just going to keep bumping this till Seagull contacts Lovey80. Also someone might see it and explain what is wrong with the diff , or has a cup that fits it.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:49 pm

RSR 555 wrote:I know him but not that well.. I believe you could try and PM Tom (d_generate) he has delt with him a lot.
Sorry, guys but I've been in hospital since the 21'st, this is first I knew about this & not really in the mood to get involved soz.
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

lovey80

Post by lovey80 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:53 am

Hey guys thanks for the input. I'm over seas at the moment so calling is going to be a problem.

Hopefully there is a fix.

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:14 am

rtcb65 wrote:I am just going to keep bumping this till Seagull contacts Lovey80. Also someone might see it and explain what is wrong with the diff , or has a cup that fits it.
Neil (Seagull) doesn't get on the forum anymore - lovery80 calling him on 0407 074 141 will be the only way for him to try and sort it out.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:22 pm

niterida wrote:Neil (Seagull) doesn't get on the forum anymore - lovery80 calling him on 0407 074 141 will be the only way for him to try and sort it out.
If you know him, you can let him know to get on here to deal with the problem.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:35 pm

rtcb65 wrote:If you know him, you can let him know to get on here to deal with the problem.
I have told him - he doesn't get on here anymore so there is nothing more I can do. Plus the problem is nothing to do with this forum really - it is a private matter between 2 parties - the fact that the item was bought over the forum doesn't mean it has to be resolved or even discussed on the forum.
I also PM'd the original poster and told him that Neil said to call him - I have not had a response from this.

So don't go preaching to me what I should be doing - I'm only trying to help out.

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:02 pm

niterida wrote:I have told him - he doesn't get on here anymore so there is nothing more I can do. Plus the problem is nothing to do with this forum really - it is a private matter between 2 parties - the fact that the item was bought over the forum doesn't mean it has to be resolved or even discussed on the forum.
I also PM'd the original poster and told him that Neil said to call him - I have not had a response from this.

So don't get on your high horse with me mate - I'm only trying to help out.
Yes i agree , it has nothing to do with the forum. The forum is only way to get to find people. As , yes you have supplied a phone number, thank you for that. But if you read a couple of post's back , lovey80 is not in the country. He is a U.N. soldier serving in Baghdad. That a bit dear to make a phone call from there. He wont be able to make a call till he gets home.
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

subasurf

Post by subasurf » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:05 am

Well, he just posted an ad on perthwrx forums so get in touch with him that way.

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:50 am

time to try throw a chip !

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:22 pm

I spoke to him yesterday, got some sort of trojan/virus & every time he tries to log on here & several other sites it shuts his computer down, his mate tried to fix it but no luck, he tried signing in on a mates computer & had no luck either, just keep trying to call or join PWRX & try PM'ing him.

http://www.perth-wrx.com
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

Return to “Western Australia”