Wreckers - what's there...

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:19 pm

Grafton, NSW ? Wrong state for this sub-forum.
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.
Contact me for reproduction XT6 hubs...and EA82 rear discs.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:00 am

Imlach's has changed. Now need to have your driver's licence scanned and leave your drivers licence IF you want to use a trolley.

There's an '82 four door leone auto there. I scored the 6 gauge cluster from it (and matching wiring/oil pressure unit). On the back seat I left the slanted console with the original radio in it if anyone is keen. It's grey in colour. I didn't have the inclination to buy it to sell on. And I wasn't the one that smashed up the instrument cluster surround, otherwise I'd have that as well!

There's also a rusted well abused brumby there too, not much left of it other than the stock gearbox.

I think from memory there were three L series there. One was definitely a series one touring wagon. I should've looked at the diff ratio but forgot :rolleyes:

I was after GenII bits from the dual range manual - the ones there were all bloody autos. Seemed like there was quite a number of GenIII's there, a few outbacks too. I remember seeing at least one Gen4.

Campbellfield had slim pickings - a lot of GenI's...
Kilsyth didn't have much in the way I wanted again. The brumby there was in better condition body wise but well stripped. Block and gearbox still there as were the quad lights. I'm now sort of regretting not getting the RED driver's door... will have to see what happens with my current one (it's not liking its window atm :()

Quite a number of Imprezas rocking up from various gen's.

I didn't get to Jolly's but will have to check it out next time if they've got what I want, that's primarily why I didn't go there...

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

sublime

Post by sublime » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:33 am

Hey Bennie, what was the front bumper like on the '82 sedan?
Old Boxer Tricks
1980 Brumby
1978 4WD Station Wagon
1974 DL Sedan
1974 GSR Coupe

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:50 pm

sublime wrote:Hey Bennie, what was the front bumper like on the '82 sedan?
One nice big ding on the LHS from memory. A little rust too. Rear one was no better :(

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:54 pm

I've got a chrome 82 front bumper (no end caps) if you need it, it has a smallish dent that could be knocked out by a half-decent panelbeater (would need to be re-chromed though).
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.

sublime

Post by sublime » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:47 pm

Thanks dfoyl, I would have grabbed the one under discussion if it was in good nick but I really am chasing a all rubber 2wd version.
Old Boxer Tricks
1980 Brumby
1978 4WD Station Wagon
1974 DL Sedan
1974 GSR Coupe

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:56 pm

What's the difference between a 2wd and 4wd bumper? No over-riders ? I assume an all-rubber 2wd would be a tough one to find, only from an 1983 sedan or coupe (or base 2wd wagon, which would be even tougher).

I grabbed the slanted console today, along with the AC switch from the Brumby dash (going to use it for a light bar switch). I forgot to check the sedan for the wiper rotary switch, as these are perfect for Brumby's being upgraded to intermittent wipers (doesn't have the additional switch for the rear wiper like on the wagon, which is much more common)...

Proton mouse

Post by Proton mouse » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:24 pm

Dfoyl, re the intermittent wiper switch.........
Don't forget the wiper relay can of brains, if you go back for it!!
Sits back deep behind the fuse box :-)

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:00 pm

Yep, I know the bits needed - but those I can get from any MY wagon, it's the rotary switch off the sedan that is the tough part to find. I have one on mine, but always good to get a spare.

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:14 pm

Kilsyth PAP has a blue MY wagon, which I have removed the PS from. The (front) grille and air filter box has gone during the week but everything else is still there that I can see.

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:57 pm

Imlachs 4/7 : Tan MY touring wagon. PS rack gone, centre console gone, everything else was still there that I could see. Digi dash, auto. Top of the line circa 1982...don't recall seeing AC on it.

Three L wagons, essentially stock. One had a bumper replacement front bar with minor damage along the bottom, and another had a bolt-on front bar.

The rest was just the usual suspects - mostly early Liberty wagons.

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:19 pm

DIY Auto Parts (formerly Andy's Campbellfield) 5/7 : One L wagon, blue interior, bolt-on front bar. All wheels gone but otherwise complete I believe.
2 WRX's (first gen I think), all driveline and brakes stripped out of both. A not-great condition MOMO-but-OEM steering wheel in one of them.
Handful of Outback's, a few Impreza's and Liberty's.

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:57 pm

PAP Kilsyth 18/7: Silver MY sedan from 1980, DL with the round headlights. Absolute base model in every aspect, except for carpet! EA71 1.6L, funky tan/brown interior. Only parts missing or damaged were the fresh/recirculated buttons and the centre console was cracked - and the passenger side headlight surround had been broken. Only done just over 100,000km so still as new, even the ignition switch was still good (and key was in it). Hook up a battery and it'd drive straight out of there. I snagged the slanted console but left everything else. I would have taken the intermittent wiper switch but it didn't even have that - just off/lo/hi like a Brumby.

The blue MY wagon has been trashed inside by someone who must have wanted something in the dash. Mechanically still looks unchanged since I took the power steering.

1 Forester still there but almost everything removed. 1 AG-Quip Impreza hatch and a blue Impreza sedan, and the usual Liberty and Outback suspects.

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Imlachs 19/7 : Tan MY touring wagon still there, pass side seat and drivers side front fender gone. Confirmed no A/C.

Two L wagons, both stock. One L sedan, stock.

Plenty of SF Forester's, 1st and 2nd gen Liberty's and at least one Outback. Two standard Impreza's.

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:46 pm

Imlachs 30/8 : All MY's gone. 3 L wagon's, nothing outstanding on any of them. Plenty of Liberty's and Outback's, couple base model Impreza's and from memory a SG Forester. Getting to be a real mess in there these days, much as I hate to say it they need to tell their buyers to stop getting in so much stock.

mrwalker500

Post by mrwalker500 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:42 pm

Stawell Wreckers 2/9 I saw 3 brumbys most parts gone, 1 with immaculate tub. 2 MY wagons including 1 gold touring wagon with good interior and cool rear window slatted shade screen thingy. 1x L series sedan 1.8 auto LPG,very clean. 1 series 1 Lib wagon, all struts/ shocks gone but the EJ looked pretty clean and an old Impreza sedan with most parts left. I can investigate more if anyone is interested.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wife, 'Oh that's nice, it can be our sons first car'
Me, 'Yes I will make it strong and safe' ...and fast, but there is no way a 17 year old is going to drive it.:lol:

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:53 am

Tailgate chrome on any of the Brumby's ? Also looking for the clips that go around the bed under the chrome.
Did the touring wagon have a hi top centre console ?
Power steering (I need the joint in the steering arm)?

mrwalker500

Post by mrwalker500 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:36 am

I'll check it out in the week or so and let you know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Me, 'Yes I will make it strong and safe' ...and fast, but there is no way a 17 year old is going to drive it.:lol:

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:37 pm

Dandenong Jolly's have a Brumby in stock. Everything was still there - Speedy 13" wheels with the original centre caps. Car is stock except for an alloy front bar which is damaged (bonnet is also damaged, and part of grille) - quad headlight model. The tailgate chrome is mangled up so I grabbed the end caps and the chrome trim clips and left everything else in the tray. I also collected the passenger side inner door trim.

I didn't check the L series in the yard, but had a quick look at the WRX for potential parts. Front calipers are gone (of course), and it looks like it collected a Commodore as there are bits of Commodore in the cabin. Someone took the "W" from the "WRX" badge, gave me a chuckle.

mrwalker500

Post by mrwalker500 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:24 am

Stawell wreckers 11/9,
I put some photos in an album on hear if anyone is curious. Also found a couple of I think were series one foresters. One fairly stripped, the other still had the engine, suspension, brakes etc in tact. It was missing front indicators though. Also spied another L series, Leone Royale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Victoria”