Trip Plan: 25-30SEPT Vic tip and Border Track

El_Freddo
Master Member

Trip Plan: 25-30SEPT Vic tip and Border Track

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:20 pm

G'day all,

A bit of late notice, but for those interested in joining us we will be doing the following: with *just* under a week 's notice!!

Dates: Tues 25SEP18 to Sun 30SEP18

General trip plan: travel to tip of vic in the north west then cruise down the border track, meet up with other subi nuts in Pinarro on the 28th, then all travel down the mid section of the border track. Head home on the 30th.

Requirements: Basic recovery gear and food/water supplies are essential for this trip, as is at least the carrying capacity of 20L of fuel external to the main fuel tank. All water needed must be carried!
A lifted vehicle and a sump guard is highly recommended. That said, a stock foz should do ok on the track.

Itinerary in more detail: It would probably be best to meet up and convoy on the Tuesday. I don't have an exact meet point for convoy or at the other end.

The closest fuel to the start point is 10km over the border behind a fruit and vege quarantine station. I reckon we'll be fuelling up here last before heading bush.

Tuesday night camp will be on the Murray River, ideally close to MacCabe cnr or the tip of Vic.

Wednesday will be poke around MacCabe Cnr and the tip of Vic then start the northern end of the border track heading south through the Murray Sunset NP. Depending on how well we travel through the Murray Sunset NP section will determine whether we camp in the Murry Sunset NP or in the Big Desert State Park.

Whatever the situation on Wednesday night the aim is to be camping in the Big Desert Thursday night then meet up with more subi crew in Pinaroo (SA - behind a quarantine station - this group has been organised through bookface) where we'll refuel then head back into the big desert to camp and do a trip out to Thompson's peak.

Saturday (29SEP) will see us start the mid section of the border track. I'm hoping we'll be camped at Red Bluff onSaturday night. I'm keen for a walk up Red Bluff.

Sunday, complete the last bit of the border track, air up and head for home.

That's the plan. If you're interested on only a bit less than a week's notice for such a large trip please feel free to post below.

If no interest we'll still be doing this first bit solo.

Feel free to join just for the mid week section if you wish.

Cheers

Bennie

El_Freddo
Master Member

Re: Trip Plan: 25-30SEPT Vic tip and Border Track

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:21 pm

Link to trip report for anyone reading this done the track.

Cheers

Bennie

Return to “Victoria”