Melbs subi meet Wed 8th April...

El_Freddo
Master Member

Melbs subi meet Wed 8th April...

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:42 pm

G'day all vicco's (and others that might be in the area at this time),

There's a subi meet I've been keen to make it to on another forum. These subi's are primarily road huggers, so I thought it might be a good chance for our world to meet theirs and compare rides/notes/stories.

Details are here:
&quot wrote:
Seems to be some interest in doing this again so why not
When:8/4/2015 7:30pm
What:*The usual meet stuff, look at cars and have a feed. I think Melbourne Car Meets could be on the same night at the multilevel next door so could have a gander at that too
NOTE: At around 8pm we will be heading for dinner somewhere. Most likely to the James Squire Brewhouse. Heres a 10/10 artistic map
I'm keen as and will be rolling in Redback for the night. I hope to see a few members from here at the meet ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:31 pm

No takers?

I'm 99% sure this is still on. Either way I'll be cruising melbs for a parts yard or two during the day...

Cheers

Bennie

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:03 pm

This is definitely on. Got a number of members from the "host" forum attending.

If anyone was thinking of coming it's not too late to join us. I believe at the car park we're looking at trying to line up on the roof top with the city behind the subi's (reverse parked) for photos.

Cheers

Bennie

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:19 pm

Photos?

GONE :( - Forester XT Auto - MY07 with all the goodies
Now occasionally driving a Ford barge...

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:03 pm

pezimm wrote:Photos?
I didn't think you wanted any as you weren't there to be in them :p

We didn't get the rooftop parking as planned - it was closed off which was a little disappointing!

Here's a couple of pics of the meet that some of the boys took on the way to melbs:

At the meet:

The one that had me with the "I wants":

Pezimm, I didn't get a lot of pics of it (didn't realise until I came home and looked at the pics), but there was one very tricked out forester that I thought might be right down your alley. You can see it in the first pic beside the RS turbo.

It's kind of funny - where most are into their EJt conversions, these guys love the TT conversion. The blue outback with white bonnet has one done to it and the white outback beside the Foz_XTC has too.

The black Gen 3 sedan is also a TT, but I don't know if it's a conversion or not.

After this night it really made me want a set of extractors that Willy's posted about. Then I had thought of building a road hugging L series like Nico's. But then I thought I've got enough projects on hand - and I've still got to put Ruby Scoo back together too.

I do hear a turbo subi calling me in the near future - it'll be a tough time when that happens!

Cheers

Bennie

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:17 pm

These events are quite fun, there's a regular one in Adelaide that I go to sometimes and it's gotten huge, around 100 cars the last one I went on. Yes they are all road huggers, body kitted, turbo'd rice racer type Subies but still fun to be a part of, show them where their boxer rockets started and show them the old cars can still keep up :) They usually do a drive through the windy hills roads (fun fun fun!) and end up at the tunnels on the freeway where we gather up for a thundering Subaru powered echo through the tunnels :p

Worth being a part of, even if the Brumby sticks out like a sore thumb (in your case a sweet looking sore thumb Bennie ;)) Would recommend to anyone thinking about going.
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:15 pm

Yeah we didn't go for a cruise as such. Just a meet and greet with dinner at a pub nearby. I had a farmer Parma. Awesome!

While my Brumby was a little different it wasn't "the worst sounding" subi on the night - I was happy about that! Still want that wicked subi note though!

The boys were a little stunned to see the spare under the bonnet!

Cheers

Bennie

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:21 pm

Awesome photos, El_Freddo! What a varied array of setups... TT has been on the back of my mind for some time, my turbo's pretty useless until 3500rpm or there abouts...

My goals for the car at the moment are to get the bigger brakes on in preparation for 215/70R16 tyres and some engine tweaking - what ever that will be...

Maybe next time I'll show up with the Foz covered in mud so my dodgy paintwork doesn't show next to these schmick ones!!

GONE :( - Forester XT Auto - MY07 with all the goodies
Now occasionally driving a Ford barge...

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:51 pm

pezimm wrote:Awesome photos, El_Freddo! What a varied array of setups...
Yeah there were a few different setups for sure! Mine was definitely the anchor!
pezimm wrote:TT has been on the back of my mind for some time, my turbo's pretty useless until 3500rpm or there abouts...
Exhaust, Tune and possibly a smaller turbo... TT would be a whole other conversion that I'm not sure your foz has a similar model to swap from.
pezimm wrote:Maybe next time I'll show up with the Foz covered in mud so my dodgy paintwork doesn't show next to these schmick ones!!
Nah you'll be right! But some mud would be quite different! They pay attention to that little bit of dust sitting on surfaces in the engine bay!! I heard them talking about waxing the paint in the engine bay too... Something I didn't know people did.

It's a whole new fascinating world to me, but it's still subarus!

Cheers

Bennie

El_Freddo
Master Member

Meet is on again - 8th JULY!

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:37 pm

G'day all,

Rather than start a new thread I decided to just drop a line in here - another meet is happening on Wednesday the 8th of July, same place, same time:

Last time we were there the cost for parking was $10 due to us standing around gas bagging - still a good price considering.

I'm looking forward to it again! I'm hoping to be in Ruby Scoo but that might be a push at this stage :/

Cheers

Bennie

Return to “Victoria”