Next trip?

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:01 pm

A got a map on the internet of the Victoria's Deserts, by Meridian Maps...

Here's a snap-shot of the area surrounding both Lakes Hindmarsh and Albacutya. There seems to be a track north of Albacutya, but not north of Hindmarsh. Now, I tend to trust local knowledge and Dulagarl certainly has that, but we could have a bit of a look???

I will certainly have the map with me.

Cheers,
Pedro.

GONE :( - Forester XT Auto - MY07 with all the goodies
Now occasionally driving a Ford barge...

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:19 pm

We did part of the outlet creek from Hindmarsh, we didn't do the whole thing to Albacutya. I'm sure we can check it out though!

I've got this map as well and have been checking it out. So many tracks, so few days :( And I'm curious about the border track, it's on my list to do some day. We'll see what happens there.

I'm just keen to get out there again and have some fun/good times :D

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

BBoypebs

Post by BBoypebs » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:29 pm

El_Freddo wrote:I was meant to respond to this last time I posted Bboy - we've decided to stick in Vic this time. Less time split between venues and it also allows some of our weekend visitors to join us. It'd be great to have you along if you could make it - still got the beige brumby?

Cheers

Bennie
Ok cool good idea, I not to sure if I will be back from NSW before then.
Yep still got the Brumby.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]88 Subaru Brumby (Currently being restored.:twisted: 84 brumby 2 inch Lift(very rough, Big tires)
Landrover series two. 186 holden banger under hood.

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:48 am

El_Freddo wrote:Sorry mate, I don't mean to argue, I beg to differ and Dulagarl says the same on ORS too. We've done outlet creek between Hindmarsh and Albacutya but not from Albacutya onwards, Dulagarl reckons it's very difficult to do and you can't get all the way through.

We hit some black top last time we did outlet creek from Hindmarsh, I think we deviated as Dulagarl reckons we didn't go onwards to Perra, which apparently is possible.

We can still poke around there anyway ;)

I've got work lined up for an early finish - they know I'm leaving on the friday so there's no end of term function on that night :D

Cheers

Bennie
Not the first time i've been wrong. I knew we hadn't done one of the creeks flowing out of the lakes.

Going to be a decent trip, plenty of time to explore the park.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:01 pm

I'm now very much looking forward to this!! Got some new tyres on order for this coming Monday.

A brand new set of Yoko AT/S for my 16in rims. Ahhh, and I will have 2 spares just in case.

Pedro.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Ok - Pedro, what time are you thinking of heading off on the sunday?

I'm thinking on Saturday we head off early, none of this heading off at 10am stuff. Hit up outlet creek as far was we can get (don't have a map to look at, need to dig it up) - hopefully beyond Perra with an easy route over to lake Albacutya. From this point have some lunch somewhere... then hit up the wet weather only track for Pedro's sake (of course ;)) - work out which direction - west to east which I think is opposite to what we did last time or go the same way as last time... After this decide wether to do a lap of the lake if we did it the same as last time and camp at OTIT or head off an look for something different to try out.

Looking for another camp could take a while unless there's one marked out on the map(s). It could also add to the time it takes Pedro to get back to melbs - we'll discuss this on the friday night I'm sure anyway. Let us know what you reckon.

I'm super keen for this - haven't got anything sorted that I wanted to have done to road test but that's the way it goes!

So at this point in time I only know of Venom, Pezimm and myself (with mrs El Freddo) arriving on the friday night.

Cheers

Bennie

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:33 pm

I'm thinking of heading back early afternoon (say, before 3pm) so I can make it home at a reasonable hour...

I have no problem with an "early" start on Saturday and/or Sunday to make the most of the days!

I wouldn't mind ending my journey around Wirrengren Plain, that I didn't get to see last time we were there, but anything will be great!

See you there!

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Righto, something to aim for. We'll discuss it on the friday.

Bring some wood if you could please - not much around that first campsite from memory ;)

I'll keep an eye on this thread but I'm sure for now that we're pretty sorted to do this ;)

Cheers

Bennie

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Weather will be alright... A little chance of rain, but that will ensure the "wet weather road" will be open!!

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/vic/wimmera/rainbow

All going well, I'm leaving work straight after lunch on Friday, so should be on camp around 6pm!

Will be on UHF 19.

Cheers!
Pedro.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:09 pm

Ah yeah good idea on the UHF channel! I'll stick with that.

I'm sure that wet weather road will be fine ;)

Sounds good mate, I'm not sure when I'll be there as I'm not sure when I'll be done with work... I'm gearing up for it now though, have been since the weekend actually!

For anyone else that is considering coming please PM or post here. Venom and I will be pulling into a town to re stock food and fuel at least mid trip or as required (fuel mainly on that).

I'm soooo looking forward to this trip it's not funny. And this week will just add to that enthusiasm if today is anything to go by!

Cheers

Bennie

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:43 pm

Guys,

It pisses me off to say that I might be a late scratching for this trip. I've got the flu and the symtoms are getting worse...

I will rest up today and hopefully I will pull up better tomorrow and still make it for the weekend, but if push comes to shove, how long are you guys away for???

If you're out until the following weekend, I could swap weekends and catch up on the tail end of the trip.

Let me know and I will keep you posted on my moves.

Pedro.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:18 pm

pezimm wrote:Guys,

It pisses me off to say that I might be a late scratching for this trip. I've got the flu and the symtoms are getting worse...

I will rest up today and hopefully I will pull up better tomorrow and still make it for the weekend, but if push comes to shove, how long are you guys away for???

If you're out until the following weekend, I could swap weekends and catch up on the tail end of the trip.

Let me know and I will keep you posted on my moves.

Pedro.
Bugger mate! We're off until Saturday the 29th - that's our return date.

What you should do is get a doctors cert for the whole week and join us on the monday or something :twisted:

Hope you get well soon mate!

Cheers

Bennie

BBoypebs

Post by BBoypebs » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:04 am

hey guys. won't be making it. still in NSW.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]88 Subaru Brumby (Currently being restored.:twisted: 84 brumby 2 inch Lift(very rough, Big tires)
Landrover series two. 186 holden banger under hood.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:14 am

BBoypebs wrote:hey guys. won't be making it. still in NSW.
No worries bboy, we've ended up above rainbow this morning in the name of fuelling up - the road house in another town that I thought was 24hr was not open when we cruised through at 2.30am...

We were in bed at 3.30 and are now about to get up, eat, fuel up and work on my usual projects I always manage to bring with me on these touring trips while we wait for Venom's arrival, hopefully before the servo closes at 1. Then it's on!

At the moment Weather is awesome, there's some thing that's harsh, ruggered and majestic about the environment out here - you get the feeling it's not always easy or enjoyable out here in the long run...

Cheers

Bennie

Return to “Victoria”