Next trip?

El_Freddo
Master Member

Next trip?

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:25 pm

Ideas?

I'll have time off between (and including) Saturday the 22nd of September to Thursday the 4th of October.

I'm keen for a touring trip again, not fussed as to where we go - I'll just be happy to be out there again.

Robe/Beachport could be a goer or we could cruise around in the Wyperfeld/Big Desert area and maybe hit up the boarder track??

Mallacoota is a bit out of the way but might be worth a look. It's too early for the high country stuff just yet :(

Walhalla could be a goer too.

Let us know what you're thinking and if you other vicco's can make it - otherwise I might venture out solo for once - I don't think it would be as fun but there's only one way to find out!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:13 pm

Hello!!

I vote SAND! I'd be keen for some more Wyperfeld/Big Desert action... We could go down boarder track...

Only restriction is that I'm only available on weekends, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers,
Pedro.

GONE :( - Forester XT Auto - MY07 with all the goodies
Now occasionally driving a Ford barge...

Mitchhsj

Post by Mitchhsj » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:52 pm

i wish! love to do a subi trip here in SE qld...

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:22 am

I have 15th Aug to 29th sept free. I'd be keen to get back to robe with my dual range box, or walhalla. Both need to be reconquered :D I'm not fussed with destinations. Always happy to go to Wyperfeld. Week long trip would be good, how about with a convenient weekend fitted in for those who can't do the whole week?

My biggest question is, can i do a doughnut like in my sig with this new gearbox? Needs to be answered.

That will be my last decent break for the year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:12 pm

Well, I reckon I can sneak out on a given Friday around lunch time and make my way west...

Here are some notes on the Boarder Track...

http://www.exploroz.com/TrekNotes/WestV ... Track.aspx

We could go back to Nhill, where El_Freddo had to perform some roadside repairs to Ruby last time and go up to Mildura over a couple days via the track... From there, I'm happy to jump on the road and back to Melbourne, while the lucky ones can kick on and play around Wyperfeld?

Cheers
Pedro.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:25 pm

Venom wrote:I have 15th Aug to 29th sept free. I'd be keen to get back to robe with my dual range box, or walhalla. Both need to be reconquered
Sweet - I was thinking on the way home from Shep today that I need to be in benders for the 30th, so the trip ending on the 29th would suit me just fine!
Venom wrote:I'm not fussed with destinations. Always happy to go to Wyperfeld. Week long trip would be good, how about with a convenient weekend fitted in for those who can't do the whole week?
That sounds like a plan - meet up on the 21st of Sept (friday night) and make the most of the weekend for Pezimm and any other "weekenders", then the rest of the week is our own...
Venom wrote:My biggest question is, can i do a doughnut like in my sig with this new gearbox? Needs to be answered.
Hmmm... I'll see if I can steal Dad's tow rope incase something goes wrong ;)
Venom wrote:That will be my last decent break for the year.
Probably mine too :(

Thinking out loud here: Wyperfeld for the weekend and Robe for the week?? (reverse of our october trip last year) Thoughts?

Everyone currently happy with the trip dates? - meet Wyperfeld (somewhere) Friday 21st September then head to Robe either arvo Sunday 23rd (when weekenders leave us), returning from Robe on the Saturday the 29th of September.

This will be great, I'm itching to get out again!

Cheers

Bennie

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:13 pm

I'm definitely in for those dates! Can't wait to get out there as well!!! I put a link to the Boarder Track on my previous post, maybe we can get there??

Pedro.

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:35 am

Those dates work for me. I'm more inclined to do either Robe or Wyperfeld rather than both.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:35 pm

Ok I'm calling Wyperfeld :D

Hmmm. Let me think about where to meet. I'm thinking OTIT camp ground, but that could be a bit difficult to get into with a single vehicle if something goes astray - that's my only concern with that meet point.

As for the rest of the week I'm sure we could just go with the "point at the map and go there" manoeuvre :D I'm keen for an adventure like that - there's plenty to look at in the Big Desert.

If there's no objections I'm keen for OTIT camp ground and have fun from there with the above method of destination choosing. Let me know.

Cheers

Bennie

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:04 pm

OK, I am formally in for these dates!!

Will get out of work around mid-day and meet you guys there for tea!

Cheers,
Pedro.

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:07 pm

How about make the first nights camp on lake hindmarsh? Then we can follow outlet creek to lake albacutya, which we haven't done yet. Then work our way north from there as we please.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:34 pm

Venom wrote:How about make the first nights camp on lake hindmarsh? Then we can follow outlet creek to lake albacutya, which we haven't done yet. Then work our way north from there as we please.
Can do. Where would you suggest to camp on Hindmarsh?

We did outlet creek the first time we were up there, but I'd be happy to do it again :twisted:

I'm also keen to get Pezimm on that "wet weather road only" track - I'm sure he's keen as mustard too.

The meet point to me is critical, the rest after that can be worked out as we go if need be.

Shepp to Rainbow I'm basically looking at a 5 hour trip. If I get off at 3pm I won't be there until 8 at the earliest, I can deal with that though.

Cheers

Bennie

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:50 am

Just doing some googling and OTIT will shave off 30mins for you Bennie, just as easy for us from Melb. If you'd prefer to that i don't mind either way, both are good entry points into the park.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:11 am

I'm ok with extra driving time - I'd rather put in extra time than have everyone else put in extra driving time ;) My thoughts on OTIT campsite was it's close to Rainbow - a good place to fuel up (if it's not too late), we can fuel up sat morn if need be (talk more below about this). OTIT campground is a great location in my book, just don't sleep in the invisible puddle ;)

Saturday I don't think it would be too far to head down to Lake Hindmarsh from OTIT to do outlet creek - fuelling up in Rainbow if need be along the way. I can't remember if we need to cross outlet creek to get from one lake to the other - concern here is IF it happens to be flowing, but I think I'm just thinking waaay too much about it - I'm not keen on water :p

We could start out on Lake Hindmarsh like we did the first time we visited the area, I'm just not that familiar with the area there or how to get to outlet creek from there safely.

Roughly, by google maps, it'd be an hour from OTIT to the southern end of Lake Hindmarsh, not including the bit from camp to the black top - google doesn't know how to do that...

There's an extra 20 mins in it to Rainbow from Melbourne compared to Melbs to Jeparit. I'll call the executive decision and we'll camp out on Hindmarsh Friday night, then possibly OTIT saturday night if we don't come across something better along the way - or if we make it further than that site. I'm keen to go for distance on this trip ;)

Sorry for thinking outloud, just keeping the thought process transparent so others can try to understand where I'm coming from.

I'll get on to Dulagarl and find out exact directions to that same place we were at last october for the first night's camp.

Cheers

Bennie

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:15 am

El_Freddo wrote:I'll get on to Dulagarl and find out exact directions to that same place we were at last october for the first night's camp.
If I recall correctly, the place was Schulzes Beach campground, shown here on the park notes:

Park Notes

I'm happy with that option for the first night camp.

Cheers
Pedro.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:45 pm

pezimm wrote:If I recall correctly, the place was Schulzes Beach campground, shown here on the park notes:

Park Notes
That's the spot.

Locked in :D

Cheers

Bennie

BBoypebs

Post by BBoypebs » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:33 am

This sounds good. My self will only be able to get to Robe if i can get time off work.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]88 Subaru Brumby (Currently being restored.:twisted: 84 brumby 2 inch Lift(very rough, Big tires)
Landrover series two. 186 holden banger under hood.

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:01 am

We have done the creek out of albacutya a few times, not Hindmarsh. Always done the tarmac out of hindmarsh.

Happy to wing it from there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:17 pm

Venom wrote:We have done the creek out of albacutya a few times, not Hindmarsh. Always done the tarmac out of hindmarsh.
Sorry mate, I don't mean to argue, I beg to differ and Dulagarl says the same on ORS too. We've done outlet creek between Hindmarsh and Albacutya but not from Albacutya onwards, Dulagarl reckons it's very difficult to do and you can't get all the way through.

We hit some black top last time we did outlet creek from Hindmarsh, I think we deviated as Dulagarl reckons we didn't go onwards to Perra, which apparently is possible.

We can still poke around there anyway ;)

I've got work lined up for an early finish - they know I'm leaving on the friday so there's no end of term function on that night :D

Cheers

Bennie

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:55 pm

BBoypebs wrote:This sounds good. My self will only be able to get to Robe if i can get time off work.
I was meant to respond to this last time I posted Bboy - we've decided to stick in Vic this time. Less time split between venues and it also allows some of our weekend visitors to join us. It'd be great to have you along if you could make it - still got the beige brumby?

Cheers

Bennie

Return to “Victoria”