TR: Mt Cole 01-03 June 2012

El_Freddo
Master Member

TR: Mt Cole 01-03 June 2012

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:11 pm

G'day all,

Venom organised this trip but unfortunately his liberty still isn't back from the panel shop.

We secured a hut at Mugwamp's - it's smaller than ditchfields but was also un-available when Venom rocked up in his stolen pimp mobile.

After a lot of talk on Saturday night, and rocking up late we started the day by observing some H6 p0rn:

I should also mention who was there: Pezimm rocked up for the day on Saturday morning as did Benji in his "new" rangie; Venom was subi-less :( Dulagurl, myself (and better half - not Ruby Scoo) and my dad in his Rangie - his first outing! We also had a visitor... more on that later.

While waiting for Dulagurl to check out the track a head I snapped this image of the two rangies - They look quite impressive when there's more than one of them!

And here's Dad on his first 4wd outing in the Rangie:

We hit up "that" track, only went down it as we had another group line up so we were going to come back to do it later - but by then it had been raining, we thought it better not to have a stab at it. Dulagurl having a go:

Pezimm:

Wheel lifting:

"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:13 pm

Ruby Scoo:

Dad in his Rangie:

Benji's Rangie:

The crew on Ben Nervis Rd on the way to lunch:

And our visitor - Tweety!

Tweety even dragged the guppy camper up here! ^ This was Sunday morning before we saw him off back home. I think Tony enjoyed the 4wd'n in Ruby Scoo we did on Saturday arvo, I'm sure he'll share his experiences with us.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:14 pm

The rest of Sunday we tried out some tracks that were closed the last time we were here. We ended up taking a track off Big Rock Tk and ended up finding this old growth stringy bark - awesome tree to see and wish there were more of them left all over this great country of ours:

We found an interesting little track that at the end turned out to be very interesting - at least in terms of what happened with Dulagurl! I tried this line out with Ruby Scoo but it didn't work, the step was too tall:

It looked like we were headed to the top, it was also cloudy up here and the bracken was pretty tall too!

Dulagurl:

And this is where Dulagurl's immobiliser's remote wouldn't work, even the back up unit was no good - we were parked too close to the interference created by the substation and tranmitters etc. A push down the hill had us clear of the interference and we were good to go again:

From here we cruised around looking for tracks - not doing a very good job of it, no pics from here. Venom had a drive of Ruby Scoo and might have caught the L series bug...
We went back to mugwamps camp, had lunch, packed everything up and headed home after trying to find the elusive "hanging rock".

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:15 pm

On our way home I was intrigued by a wind generator that looked like it was from another planet it was so big. Unfortunately the pics of that didn't come out so well (below), the one on the right looked HUGE!:

The sunset was alright for a pic:

I personally would have loved to have kept 4wd'n for longer but alas life way from the fun has to continue.

I think we really need to work on more pics next time!!

Cheers

Bennie

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:50 pm

Great trip report mate, some good pics too!

Did either of the rangies have front and/or rear diff locks?

Now your just teasing me with that H6 p0rn as my car is the watered down version... great way to start the day though ;)

thunder039

Post by thunder039 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:11 pm

great trip reposrt bennie as usual nice area mt cole.
some good pics was there any sections that proved to difficult?
2004 subaru forester -gone
1999 subaru forester- no more :(
1989 subaru brumby- sold!
2008 zook jimny -sold!
2003 mitsubishi pajero - missus car
2013 nissan d22- set up for long distant touring

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:07 pm

Great day out for me, it was great to catch up with you all! Great to see Ruby Scoo back on the road, Dulagarl recovered from the hailstones and meet Tweedy in the flesh (or metal). Thanks Venom for setting it up! Hopefully next time the Lib will be out as well.

Too bad it was a bit of a rush in my case... Next time I need to get better organised to stay overnight and have a nice cold beer by the fire.

Cheers guys!
Pedro.

GONE :( - Forester XT Auto - MY07 with all the goodies
Now occasionally driving a Ford barge...

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:18 pm

Great pics guys i'm already keen to go out wheeling;) the last time i saw dulagurl's Forester it was on a run with us in Brisbane when it lived here.
We had a storm come through when we where in a forest had great fun after that tho:cool:

Jan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:30 am

Thanks guys!

Pedro, you need to be there for the weekend next time, drag your "ball and chain" with you like I did ;) :p

I still want to be out there, maybe mt cole, maybe somewhere else, all I know is that I'm keen to still be 4wd'n!

Cheers

Bennie

Return to “Victoria”