Beaches We Can Drive On

NachaLuva
General Member

Beaches We Can Drive On

Post by NachaLuva » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:21 pm

Does anyone know which beaches we can drive on in Vic?

The only one I know of is Shallow Inlet just past the township of Sandy Point. Its pretty firm sand & 2WDs do it easy there. It was my 1st beach driving experience in my dads HQ Statesman lol.

Great spot for windsurfing (speed records have been set there) & fishing but I dont know how far around you're allowed to drive.

Does anyone know? Or know other beaches we're allowed to stretch our Subie legs on?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:49 pm

Come over to WA mate, there are endless beaches and dunes to burn your clutch out on :mrgreen:

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:55 pm

Robe.

Portland has some but ots owned by a buggy club and you need to pay, drive 2 more hours and you're in robe. Aire beach has one dune and 500m of beach. Maybe some more places but there's nothing with more than a few hundred metres. Better sand driving.inland.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smokey

Post by Smokey » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:11 pm

Interesting point. Where in the other states can we beach drive?

NSW - Stockton.

QLD - Moreton/Frazer Islands

Where else?

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:16 pm

WA- just about anwhere ya bloody want lol :p

I'm sure there's lots places in Qld. I think also Stradbroke I. Plus beaches FNQ

Saw on Pat Callinans 4WD show this "road" section of beach North of Noosa holds the record for most wrecked vehicles...20-30 per year! :eek: The local pub has a wall of shame haha ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

Smokey

Post by Smokey » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:22 pm

nachaluva wrote:Saw on Pat Callinans 4WD show...
Speaking of which, make sure we all catch the show this Sat 1pm, Moreton Island special. Amazing place!

GOD

Post by GOD » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:26 pm

WA - Eighty Mile, Cable, Pardoo and Duke of Orleans Bay, among others. Not exactly convenient to many people though :rolleyes:

Dane.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1993 EA82/EJ18/EJ22/EJ22/EJ20/EJ22 L Series perpetual project

Phizinza
General Member

Post by Phizinza » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:48 pm

In SA there is the Little Dip CP just out of Robe, there is also Beachport which is 40km odd towards Victoria from Robe. Robe has a beach you can drive on that is usually full of people and cars. North of Kingston you can drive on the "42 mile crossing" which is 42 mile to Salt Creek along the beach and another 42 mile to the Murray Mouth. Of course these "42 miles" aren't really 42 miles. But it is about 100km total stretch of beach. Goolwa (other side of the Murray mouth) has about 10km worth of beach you can drive on. There is Morgan's Beach near Cape Jervis you can drive down onto. Also Sellicks beach allows cars as well as Moana (these are about 40km south of Adelaide CBD down the coast). Up near Port Pirie there is some beaches to can drive on. That is about all I know of in SA for beaches. Plenty of good sand driving around inland though... But anything West of the Victorian boarder is pretty much sand so.......
Owned - 89 Brumby, 83 Wagon, 83 Leone 4WD Sedan, 83 Touring Wagon, 99 Outback
Own - 87 Brumby, 93 Liberty, 09 Forester
Offroading Subarus Facebook Page

alang

Post by alang » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:54 pm

Nsw north coast and stockton beach all need permits to drive on you can get a 3 day pass or 12 mth pass mungo brush the other side of teagardens is national parks you can drive so far but not all the way to seals rocks port macquarie catch the ferry across the river have to pay for service then you can beach hop to cressant head or use the dirt road. would pay to contact local councils for beaches available for 4x4. stockton beach has speed limit on it and is policed. it also gets crowded on the weekends need to let tyres down to 12 - 15 psi very soft sand. Scots head you can drive north to the outlet at nambucca heads, 3rd head land near urunga .urunga outlet to hungry head. milestrom to urunga outlet. minniwaters the beach is hard thats most of the one ive been one or know of hope that helps

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:12 pm

Far out!! are you guys serious?? You need permits to drive on the beach :???:

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:20 am

I'm pretty sure there's also a beach near Portland that you can 4wd on - if you're a part of their 4wd club or know the ranger or something.
taza wrote:Far out!! are you guys serious?? You need permits to drive on the beach :???:
I wouldn't mind permits - we're pretty much not allowed on the beach in Victoria! There are small pockets that get you close to the beach or you need to be part of a club or organisation to be allowed on an allocated area of beach...

That's where Robe is great and WA has it good. But that said, take away the beaches in WA and what have you got to 4wd on then? We've got a larger variety of 4wd'n and some would say that the Dargo area in Vic offers some of the best 4wd'n in Australia for variety in one location ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:33 pm

El_Freddo wrote:some would say that the Dargo area in Vic offers some of the best 4wd'n in Australia for variety in one location ;)
When are we going??? :mrgreen:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:07 pm

nachaluva wrote:When are we going??? :mrgreen:
Well, 1) when Ruby Scoo is in one piece and moving again, 2) when we've scouted out the area, unless we want to just rock up and check it out without having done any reconnaissance and see what happens... which could be get really really stuck.

We should get out there some day soon though - it gets closed from June...

Cheers

Bennie

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:49 pm

I was just thinking we need to have a trip once everyones cars are fixed and on the road.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:19 pm

Any suggestions? Lots of unexplored tracks in Bunyip lol ;)

Any more news Rhys?

Ruby Scoo is looking good, hope you get her back in one piece soon :wink:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:39 pm

Oops double post :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:10 pm

Venom wrote:Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk
O-oh... someone's got a new toy :twisted:

Matt, Ruby Scoo's being worked on between other activities... But hopefully it won't be such a slow process, just have to make sure I do it all properly as I go. Once the painting is out of the way it should start to move along pretty quickly.

Cheers

Bennie

Return to “Victoria”