paddys swamp otways trip report

Dougie

Post by Dougie » Fri May 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Well that will be another great vic trip i missed, looks like you lads had alot of fun in all that mud, the otway looked area is a great for it, I was down the great ocean road last november when i was over, every trip reportthat you post makes me want to be over there sooner rather than later.

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Fri May 28, 2010 6:08 pm

Great photos! I had a lot of fun, thanks for organising the trip Subaruby.

I only barely managed to finish the Lib in time (about 5pm on Sat) to get down there and i almost piked out after having pizza and beer for tea. I got to the Sat night camp spot at around 1.30 am after taking the wrong turn and going down that muddy track with no UHF channel and a flat battery on my phone. There were quite a few "oh fck" moments fish tailing up some very muddy hills. That mud track was basically as you can see in the pictures and video for over 2km = heaps of fun.

The beach was alot of fun, and after a bit of rain the sand was firmer and much easier to tackle compared to the last trip. Also no bogans in 6" lifted trucks putting great big holes in the dunes like last time.

Looking forward to the next one.

Cheers,
Rhys
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Fri May 28, 2010 6:39 pm

ooooooo i love mud. great pics guys. makes me miss my L. :'( yours is lookin tough now el freddo with its lift n swc n 14s.

bcoutback

Post by bcoutback » Sun May 30, 2010 10:49 pm

bummer! missed a good trip. That's what I get for not paying attention to the forums.
Proudly representing the stock Subarus
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RIP 2008 Outback. Hello Forester XT :D

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:38 pm

bcoutback wrote:bummer! missed a good trip. That's what I get for not paying attention to the forums.
I was wondering where you were! You would've LOVED this trip I reckon Damo... Next time.

So I'm guessing its all good to post pics without plates blurred? No one's given me an ok or not...

I did an oil change today and even after spraying a lot of mud from under Ruby Scoo after the day out, then a "deluxe" wash in b'rat on the weekend there's still a lot of mud tucked up in hard to reach places! Control arms have quite a bit in them, I found some between the strut/hub and calipers and a lot packed up behind the steering rack cover plate... Crazy!

Good times! Let us know about the pics/plates thingy.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:51 pm

El_Freddo wrote:I was wondering where you were! You would've LOVED this trip I reckon Damo... Next time.

So I'm guessing its all good to post pics without plates blurred? No one's given me an ok or not...

I did an oil change today and even after spraying a lot of mud from under Ruby Scoo after the day out, then a "deluxe" wash in b'rat on the weekend there's still a lot of mud tucked up in hard to reach places! Control arms have quite a bit in them, I found some between the strut/hub and calipers and a lot packed up behind the steering rack cover plate... Crazy!

Good times! Let us know about the pics/plates thingy.

Cheers

Bennie
Well I didn't have any plates so it doesn't bother me either way........

I spent 40 minutes at the car wash cleaning that clay mud off - damn it was stubburn!
The Green Machine is up for sale :(. Lifted, bars, exhausts... View Gumtree ad

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:05 pm

Ok, after much anticipation here are some of my pics:

About to hit the offroad stuff. We started out pretty mild - had a few good water holes, nothing boggy just stuff that tested our "judgement" as to how deep it was, if there's ever judgement without wading through the crap... Anyway, some pics:

The three subi's in the scrub behind Anglesea:

After a few good holes, some hill descents and lunch we found this hill that I loved so much I did it twice, its the one in the video above, Richard and Pedro checking it out to get a line sorted for Pedro's Foz:

Subaruby at the top:

I wish I had the camera out earlier when we were edging a pine plantation as Subaruby was attempting a hole that was clearly very deep, so to avoid getting stuck he put the right hand side up on the embankment with the left hand side in the right hand track hole. I seriously thought he was going to roll over, would've made a mean photo! Ah well.

Here's camp after a slow start to the fire and a quick trip down to Aire River where the pic of Pezimm (above earlier) in the sand was taken on late dusk:

Good times! Glad that Owen and Rhys made it. This is what we got up to in the morning, Rhys found it the night before:

The H6:

Subaruby and Ruby Scoo ready for more action:

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:06 pm

Ruby Scoo covered in thick sticky mud. Should've put the flares on but anyway:

Owen's Liberty while we were fixing the H6's rear suspension where the top nut on the strut came loose and dropped off while on duty:

Owen getting the strut back in on the H6 beast:

And that's me outta pics. We had an awesome time on the beach like area at the mouth of the Aire River, those pics are what Subaruby's displayed earlier. I've got more video but it really needs editing...

Hope you've all enjoyed the pics as sporadic as they've been from me :D

Cheers

Bennie

bcoutback

Post by bcoutback » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:21 pm

doubly bummed now I've seen the photos!
Proudly representing the stock Subarus
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RIP 2008 Outback. Hello Forester XT :D

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:14 pm

Guys,

I needs those pics and videos!!! :p:p:p

This latest lot is really good.

Damian, you gotta come next time to help me represent the "baby Subarus"...

Cheers,
Pedro.

GONE :( - Forester XT Auto - MY07 with all the goodies
Now occasionally driving a Ford barge...

Return to “Victoria”