Mt Buangor/Langi-ghiran State Park overnight 4WD trip

Venom
General Member

Mt Buangor/Langi-ghiran State Park overnight 4WD trip

Post by Venom » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:45 pm

EDIT: Dates for this trip are currently Fri 12th- Sun 14th March

Hey guys,

So it seems like there are a few of us interested in an overnight 4WD trip, so heres my plan. I intend for the trip to cater to unlifted subaru's, however this will definitely be a 4WD trip so you need to accept the possibility of some scratches, dints, dings and under body damage. Main criteria would be willing to get your car and yourself dirty and be willing to have a go!

The dates will be Fri the 12th March through to Sun 14th March. Rough plan which will be subject to change:

Friday arvo/evening meeting point (optional!): Bacchus Marsh McDonalds.

Friday night camp (optional!): Lerdergerg State Park.

Saturday morning meet point: Bacchus Marsh McDonals.

Saturday: 4WDing in Lerderberg/Wombat State Forest.

Saturday night camp: Mt Buangor State Forest.

Sunday: 4WDing in Mt Buangor and/or Langi-ghiran State Park.

Snatch strap, D-shackels and appropriate tow point highly recommended. Shovel, tyre gague and air compressor would be handy.

Please post your interest below, with details of your preferred dates. I would like to confirm a date relatively quickly so people get a chance to plan their calenders accordingly.

Cheers,
Rhys
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:10 pm

Sounds good Rhys. I'd like to do the two nights and am currently open to any weekend EXCEPT the one after valentine's day as we usually head out to Picnic at hanging rock - at hanging rock :D

I'll be keeping an eye on this post.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:24 pm

Ok, update - it looks like the 20th/21st are the only dates I'm available :( If there are any changes I'll let you know.

If I can't make it with the majority of those available on another date, I'll grin and bear it :cry:

Cheers

Bennie

subaruby

Post by subaruby » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:08 pm

Definitely interested in this one, but will depend on date, I may have to work
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2006 Forester, AT tyres, Bash plate.
Suspension lift.

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:12 pm

Well since you're both the only interested parties so far i'm happy to organise a date that suits you both. It will be good to have the GOR crew on the road again! Subaruby when will you know what weekends you are free in Feb? Another option is to delay it untill March, with a day trip in Feb to tide us over. Bennie do you know what days you are free in March?

Cheers,
Rhys
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:17 am

March: Currently just the 6th and weekend that's near the 27th are the ones that I'm not available for. Maybe go for the long weekend?? :D
April: Not the weekend of the 18th - I've got a WRX rally drive that day :twisted:

Cheers

Bennie

subaruby

Post by subaruby » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:28 pm

Ok I am still interested, will be available on the 27th and 28th feb, have to work on the 20th and 21st.
In March will be available for the weekend of the 13th and 14th.
Suspension lift.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:09 pm

subaruby wrote:In March will be available for the weekend of the 13th and 14th.
Is that the long weekend?

Bennie

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:06 am

Weekend of the 12th-14th of March seems like a goer then. I will edit the first post with this date, as long as nothing else changes :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

subaruby

Post by subaruby » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:41 pm

Is that the long weekend?
Think the long weekend is the 6th, 7th and 8th March?
Suspension lift.

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:46 pm

subaruby wrote:Think the long weekend is the 6th, 7th and 8th March?
Thats the one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:35 pm

Will be there friday night, saturday, and sunday morning. I have commitments on sunday in Werribee gorge climbing, so how long I hang around on sunday will depend on what we're up to and when I need to be helping out at climbing.

Looking forward to it!

Cheers,
Owen.
The Green Machine is up for sale :(. Lifted, bars, exhausts... View Gumtree ad

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:04 pm

I'll be writing this in my diary :D Can't wait! I'll talk to you about another trip idea I've got while we're on this one - its BIG and will require some prior planning for everyone!

Keep us posted!

Cheers

Bennie

bcoutback

Post by bcoutback » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:55 pm

Ok, i'm interested.

I'll be your unlifted Outback on the trip.

Have a compressor and gauge, but no other accessories at the moment.
Proudly representing the stock Subarus
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RIP 2008 Outback. Hello Forester XT :D

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:26 pm

Hey Victorians,

I am currently stuck in melbourne on a course Subaru less. I am way keen to come check out every ones Subi's and stop getting stuck in my room... Extreme boredom has sit in. So if anyone has a free seat and some spare camping gear let me know. I am happy to chip in for fuel / beer / food. I am in Macleod area, but can get anywhere i can catch a bus or train to.

Also i have experience working almost every type of Subaru and now exactly what a subaru 4wding can do! :-p

If you do drop me a PM

Thanks Matt
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:13 pm

Hi matt,

You are welcome to a seat in Scoobs, although I won't be there for the entire time as I said earlier...

...Will be there friday night, saturday, and sunday morning. I have commitments on sunday in Werribee gorge climbing, so how long I hang around on sunday will depend on what we're up to and when I need to be helping out at climbing...

I can get you back to macleod on sunday night or you can hitch with someone else if they are out your way.

let me know via PM if you want to ride in the lib :)

Cheers,
Owen.

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:20 pm

Thanks Owen i will let you know in a few days as i need to find out what time i get off on that friday from course and whether they are going to try and make us work the weekend.

Also 92 Liberty must be chasing me, i just finished helping my bro put a EJ20H in his wagon back in Townsville. LOL!
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:06 am

Matt, you've got a seat in Ruby Scoo for the sunday if you want to stick around. I've got no idea where Mcleod is but can get you into melbourne to catch a train, I live north of melbourne...

So looking forward to this trip! Still gotta clean out RS after the robe trip :( I also found half a beach on top of the motor where the High pressure spray didn't get to as I did it quickly...

Cheers

Bennie

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:46 pm

I'll be leaving either early sunday morning on saturday night as I got my dates mixed up and will need to be in Eildon on the Sunday.

Still happy to pick you up from Macleod Matt on Friday night, but won't be able to get you home on sunday...

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:21 pm

It all good, i know going to know whether i am coming until atleast next week or later because of this course. I will keep both of you update.
"Bianca"

"Claudia"

Return to “Victoria”