Mt Buangor/Langi-ghiran State Park overnight 4WD trip

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:07 pm

ScubyRoo wrote:Bummer pedro, was hoping to see you! No chance of making it saturday night?
Hey Owen,

Change of plans! I reckon it'll be easier for me to make it on Saturday morning, rather than Sunday so I'll catch up with you guys at the pub 8.30am!

Looking forward to it!

Cheers,
Pedro.

GONE :( - Forester XT Auto - MY07 with all the goodies
Now occasionally driving a Ford barge...

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:58 pm

Hey guys,

My car got rear ended on the way home from work today and pushed into another vehicle. Rear bumper is worse than the front, but i think my thermos are now hard up against the engine pulleys and belts. The radiator is leaking so i will check it out tonight and see what the verdict is... worse comes to worse Bennie can take over.

Cheers,
Rhys
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:08 pm

Venom wrote:Hey guys,

My car got rear ended on the way home from work today and pushed into another vehicle. Rear bumper is worse than the front, but i think my thermos are now hard up against the engine pulleys and belts. The radiator is leaking so i will check it out tonight and see what the verdict is... worse comes to worse Bennie can take over.

Cheers,
Rhys
Hey Rhys,

That is one BIG bummer!! I hope your car will be fine for the weekend... If it's not, I'm sure you'll have a seat available with our other trip members. I'm more than happy to give you a ride on Saturday, if it suits you.

Cheers,
Pedro.

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:22 pm

pezimm wrote:Hey Rhys,

That is one BIG bummer!! I hope your car will be fine for the weekend... If it's not, I'm sure you'll have a seat available with our other trip members. I'm more than happy to give you a ride on Saturday, if it suits you.

Cheers,
Pedro.
Thanks Pedro. The radiator is looking alright so at this stage so i think i will be fine. I switched off the thermos and i let it heat up a bit with no visible leaks. The rear bumper is another story. Bennies towbar install help up perfectly against a 60km impact though. it went straight through the poor girls bumper and radiator and it hasn't even moved:razz:

Cheers,
Rhys
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:03 pm

Shit mate! Not cool but glad to hear that the tow bar held up. Much damage otherwise?

I've posted on ORS that I'll be a late show, the reason can be found there.

Super keen!

Catch you then!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:32 pm

Oh damn ryhs, I hope you get it fixed up!
Matt wrote:Looks like i could be working late and miss out on the trip!! Grr!! I will let you know Owen on thursday arvo! Sorry to leave it so late!
Matt, sorry but i've been away on camp and phone was dead this arvo. I just PM'd you, call me tomorrow and we'll sort something out - a late departure can work for me fine, we'll just need to talk over the phone - details sent by PM. I've got camping gear for you to.

Super excited and see you all soon!

Cheers,
Owen.
The Green Machine is up for sale :(. Lifted, bars, exhausts... View Gumtree ad

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:12 pm

Hey guys,

Thanks to everyone who came along to help make a great trip and an eventful weekend. Thanks to Bennie for helping with recovering my car and helping with the recce the week before, and guiding the group when he was around. From my point of view these trips are a difficult balance between providing enough fun for the more regular off-roaders, while making sure its not a hard-core only affair. That been said we had a great group and i hope to see you all on the next trip.

It would be great if anyone can email/post me pictures and/or video for a trip report that would be great. PM me when you have some ready and we'll work something out.

Cheers,
Rhys
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:39 pm

Hey Rhys,

Thank you very much for what was a perfect trip organisation in my oppinion. We even had everything we needed to deal with quite serious unforseen events, which just encourages me to come back next time there's a trip organised.

I'm looking forward to this trip report to read about the rest of the weekend! I've got a few photos, which I'll PM you about.

Cheers,
Pedro.

Return to “Victoria”