Queen's Birthday Long weekend 4wd

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:12 pm

Yo Bennie what area for the maps do you need then? I got the whole state at my fingertips man, just give me more details....

O.
The Green Machine is up for sale :(. Lifted, bars, exhausts... View Gumtree ad

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:10 pm

ScubyRoo wrote:Yo Bennie what area for the maps do you need then? I got the whole state at my fingertips man, just give me more details....
The area I don't have that might be useful is west of Barry's reef, the area with "Paradise track", if you can get that track in the middle of the map that'll be great. Other than that I've purchased maps and had them laminated - I've scrawled all over them to show the tracks and some alternatives that I have not checked out, just ideas that will be time dependant.

Ruby Scoo is back together too. I got an ok heater core this morning and installed it. So far so good.

That's about it for now, I'm really looking forward to it (and getting over the last minute stress of organising my kit tomorrow - got some work on short notice).

Keen as Mustard!

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:54 pm

El_Freddo wrote:The area I don't have that might be useful is west of Barry's reef, the area with "Paradise track", if you can get that track in the middle of the map that'll be great.
I've emailed you closest as I could get as the attachment is too big to put here mate.... let me know by 5 if there are any other maps that you want.

Paradise track reference is 564460 to 562481. Don't know your map skills, but for anyone not understanding 564 is the easting (vertical lines) and 460 the northing (horisontal lines). 56 is the line, and 4 is 4/10ths of the way to 57. Make sense?

This google maphas detail of what the tracks are around it that are not named on the topo.

Went over Scoobs this morning, his tyres are crap and I haven't got the kit in yet - SO CLOSE, picked up the springs yesterday. Hopefully the lift kit will be ordered next week so about a fortnight too slow :( Traction this weekend will have to come from the accelerator :twisted:

Seeing as my tyres are soon to be chucked, any spots planned for this weekend for some dirt circle work??? Just me and Scoobs, girlfriend isn't coming so I'll be lucky to have any tyres left by the end of the weekend with no one to tell me off :twisted:.

O.

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:16 pm

Not sure yet, but i might meet up with you guys at the IGA in Bachus marsh on sat morning. Either for the day or maybe camp sat night too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:25 pm

guys.. Have fun in the bush, wish was coming but i'm in Canberra atm.
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:04 pm

Thanks for your efforts Owen, I'm outta time to check out the map - if its possible for you to bring a print out that would be great!

I reckon we'll camp on the hill all weekend. Phiz and his pero's got here today, they're currently setting up while I grab my last bits needed for the trip.

Venom, no worries.

AP, we'll have pics ;)

I'm looking forward to tomorrow! See you all at 9!

Cheers

Bennie

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:05 pm

G'day all!

The weekend went off without a problem. I'm sure everyone had a ball, I know I did! Big thanks to everyone that attended and glad the SA boys all got home safe. On sunday we had more SA vehicles to Vic vehicles - even without the lux counted there were more SA subi's!

I'm off for the rest of the week, I'll get the trip report sorted early next week, hope you can hang out that long ;) (yes I'm addicted to writing my trip reports!).

2 repairable flat tyres and a CV boot knocked/slipped off the CV cup (on my removed shaft) is all the damage incurred on this trip for me - pretty happy with that.

Bye for now.

Cheers

Bennie

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:06 pm

Hey Bennie,

Thanks for the great day out (in my case)! Really enjoyed it!

Can't wait to see the photos...

Cheers,
Pedro.

Phizinza
General Member

Post by Phizinza » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:43 pm

Hey Pedro, I gotta say I was pretty amazed with your foz and how far you got it.

Heres some of the photos we got
http://offroadingsubarus.com/victoria_trip0609.html
Owned - 89 Brumby, 83 Wagon, 83 Leone 4WD Sedan, 83 Touring Wagon, 99 Outback
Own - 87 Brumby, 93 Liberty, 09 Forester
Offroading Subarus Facebook Page

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:54 pm

man........ i am so bummed that you guys had a fablous time.. and i cannot wait for a write up here!!!!!!!

Is that the same water hole where heath got stuck? god.... its scary! lol... awesome... was there any minor damages?

Awesome... and I was suprised to see the foz there, did that foz stay on whole trip? - how did he get on sideways on that track?
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:14 am

AlpineRaven wrote:Awesome... and I was suprised to see the foz there, did that foz stay on whole trip? - how did he get on sideways on that track?
Cheers
AP
No, I couldn't stay for the whole trip. It was just a saturday day out for me...

Getting sideways was a combination of road tyres, slippery tracks and me trying to avoid the deepest section of the mud hole.

Luckily there was no damage and I even provided the boys with a bit of fun getting me back on track...

Cheers,
Pedro.

Phizinza
General Member

Post by Phizinza » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:30 pm

It was fun.. Just driving over everything without troubles gets boring. I like it when me, or someone else like yourself Pedro gets in a sticky spot and needs recovering.
If you look through my photos you'll see my sticky spot for the weekend in the Cobaw forest on Sunday.. haha.

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:44 pm

I had a great time on saturday. That was my first time out with the l series d/r awd box and it was so much better than the part time one (sideways action!). I couldn't really notice a difference in the low range ratios. The worst damage i came out with was a bent rim after clipping a rock in one of the dry creek crossings.

The day was well organised by Bennie and the track well chosen. I'm looking forward to the next 4wd trip, day or weekend.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:54 pm

Haha, at least your road tyres still had tread pedro! I was amazed at how far my slickers got me and the general capabilities of the lib in general - can't wait to get back out again once all the mods are done!

Who was it that had the video camera out the whole time? Are you making a vid from all that that we can see?

I have quite a few photos and some video too, will get it done once i'm on holidays in a couple of days time.

Massive thanks to Bennie for his organising, a massive effort and definitely enjoyed by all!

subaruby

Post by subaruby » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:10 pm

Was an awesome day, (I only did the Saturday) and a big thanks to El_freddo for organising the trip. Was a good range of tracks, vehicles (a few welded diffs) and people which made for heaps of fun. Can't wait for the trip report and pics and video's, and the next trip.

No injuries to subaruby :)

Just a suggestion to maybe get all the pics and videos from everyone together and put it all on a dvd for everyone who wants one?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2006 Forester, AT tyres, Bash plate.
Suspension lift.

Phizinza
General Member

Post by Phizinza » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:29 am

ScubyRoo wrote:Who was it that had the video camera out the whole time? Are you making a vid from all that that we can see?
That was acousticjase and his mates I think. He's gonna send me a copy, and freddo said he'd send me a copy of his stuff. I'd be happy to send out a copy of all the photos a footage I get plus my own once I receive it all to who ever.

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:00 pm

Phizinza wrote: I'd be happy to send out a copy of all the photos a footage I get plus my own once I receive it all to who ever.
That'd be awesome phiz! i like to make vids in my downtime so that would be ace if you could get that to me once you have it!

subaruby

Post by subaruby » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:16 pm

I'd be happy to send out a copy of all the photos a footage I get plus my own once I receive it all to who ever.
I'd love a copy too. Send me a pm and I will send you a stamped self addressed envelope and a blank dvd.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2006 Forester, AT tyres, Bash plate.
Suspension lift.

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:49 pm

subaruby wrote:I'd love a copy too. Send me a pm and I will send you a stamped self addressed envelope and a blank dvd.
Well, I guess I can't afford not to have extensive record of this trip, so I count me in also for a DVD!

Cheers!
Pedro.

GONE :( - Forester XT Auto - MY07 with all the goodies
Now occasionally driving a Ford barge...

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:13 am

Absolutely love this car BUT!!!!

98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

Return to “Victoria”