Wreckers - what's there...

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:46 pm

Update 7-1-11 - PAP Kilsyth

3 x Gen 1 Liberty sedans - all appeared fairly complete
2 x L wagons - standard
1 x early MY sedan - no engine (1981, early grille style with the >=< design). Can't believe nobody grabbed the slanted console out of it - these things are GOLD for fitting CD players into Brumby's. It's now in my stash of spare parts.
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.
Contact me for reproduction XT6 hubs...and EA82 rear discs.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:24 pm

dfoyl wrote:Update 7-1-11 - PAP Kilsyth

3 x Gen 1 Liberty sedans - all appeared fairly complete
2 x L wagons - standard
1 x early MY sedan - no engine (1981, early grille style with the >=< design). Can't believe nobody grabbed the slanted console out of it - these things are GOLD for fitting CD players into Brumby's. It's now in my stash of spare parts.
YEAH!!! First PAP update for 2011!

I'm so excited as I have to live through you're updates - being in Lakes Entrance means that its no longer a "quick 1 or 2 hour" drive to melbs anymore :(

Plus I want a front diff from an IFS hilux to play with on the very very cheap side of things! Got wind of something that will become my next project, but need this diff first :(

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Hazey

Post by Hazey » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:20 pm

I'll be hitting up all the regularly spoken of wreckers in this thread (PAP, Centre Rd etc.) over the next few days. See if I can't find some 14s or a canopy. Never been on a wrecker crawl before :D

Has anyone had any good experiences with Subaru-specific wreckers around Melbourne? Are they generally more towards later model stuff (Imprezas, Fozs, Libbos etc.) or are MYs/Ls still commonly found there?

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:55 am

Hazey wrote:I'll be hitting up all the regularly spoken of wreckers in this thread (PAP, Centre Rd etc.) over the next few days. See if I can't find some 14s or a canopy. Never been on a wrecker crawl before :D

Has anyone had any good experiences with Subaru-specific wreckers around Melbourne? Are they generally more towards later model stuff (Imprezas, Fozs, Libbos etc.) or are MYs/Ls still commonly found there?
Mmm... these wreckers above are just pay and go, the owners dont care as long your paying - no complaints.

They're normally have late 80s to mid 90s Subaru there, Foresters and Imprezas are rare there. If they are - parts are gone with a blink of an eye. Again Foresters are rarer than Impreza, You might see nil or 1 per year. You'll find more Liberty than others.

MY & L Series are very common there.
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:05 pm

AlpineRaven wrote: You'll find more Liberty than others.
Hence why an EJ22 upgrade is much easier to source parts for than an EJ20 job...

Cheers

Bennie

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:51 pm

Centre Road 22/1:

1 x MY Wagon (Touring, with digi dash). Pretty much complete.
2 x L wagons
2 x L sedans
1 x Vortex 4WD Turbo, no rear hubs but otherwise fairly complete. Back of turbo is gone.
2 x Gen 1 Liberty's, sedans I think
2 x Gen 2 Liberty's, both sedans. 1 has front end damage, other looked ok
1 x Sherpa
2 x Fiori
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:01 pm

Yeah...

If anyone's headed to the centre road wreckers, there's a red vortex there - I should've grabbed the bonnet scoop off it. If possible could you grab it on my behalf. I'd be willing to pay upto $30 for it, I know its not in the greatest shape but I reckon it would scrub up alright to be reversed to become a bonnet vent on Ruby Scoo...

Let me know if its headed my way ;)

Cheers

Bennie

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Sun May 08, 2011 6:32 pm

Kilsyth PAP 7th May:
2 L wagons
1 L sedan
2 Gen1 Liberty wagons
1 Impreza - totally stripped - no engine, box, dash, etc! Had Club Spec 6 stickers on the side if that means anything but Im guessing anything useful is goooooone
No MY's :(

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun May 08, 2011 7:22 pm

dfoyl wrote:Kilsyth PAP 7th May:
2 L wagons
1 L sedan
2 Gen1 Liberty wagons
1 Impreza - totally stripped - no engine, box, dash, etc! Had Club Spec 6 stickers on the side if that means anything but Im guessing anything useful is goooooone
No MY's :(
Bugger about the MY's!

Let us know if you're headed to centre road wreckers or whatever its called these days - I'm after the bonnet scoop from the red vortex if its still there. I looked at it, umm'd and arr'd but left it. Now its one of those things that I wish I got when I first thought about it...

Cheers

Bennie

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Tue May 10, 2011 6:37 pm

I'll grab it if I get out there in the next few weekends, I haven't been since your post awhile back on it...

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Sun May 29, 2011 10:30 am

PAP Campbellfield has a Gen1 auto sedan and an L series auto MPFI sedan.

Centre road has 2 almost identical imprezzas, think 2.0 NA. Lots of Gen1s with sedan/wagon auto/man etc. 1 4WD vortex with no rear end. 3 or 4 MY wagons. L series auto sedan and wagon, couple of man wagons, and a grey touring wagon dash sitting in under the bonnet of a Gen1!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

nncoolg

Post by nncoolg » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:42 pm

you reckon someone could CAREFULLY pull the radio out of the vortex?

(if it's any good)
The trading corner : the stuff that I need ATM -
# Vortex Main Dash Surround / Bezel ANY COLOUR,
# Vortex Radio, # RHD Vortex 4speed auto digital dash,
# RH-Side parking (86+) Vortex wiper transmission,
# EA82 AWD 4EAT,
If you have them please PM me :cool:

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:47 pm

nncoolg wrote:you reckon someone could CAREFULLY pull the radio out of the vortex?

(if it's any good)
I might be paying a visit tomorrow. Would you like me to take a look? You pay what I pay plus postage and beer money :mrgreen:

Cheers,
O.
The Green Machine is up for sale :(. Lifted, bars, exhausts... View Gumtree ad

nncoolg

Post by nncoolg » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:53 pm

would you mind just having a look at it for me, and get a price? perhaps a camera phone snap?
Oh, and see if, by any small chance, the car still has a sunroof bag in the boot? Please.
# EA82 AWD 4EAT,

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:58 pm

nncoolg wrote:would you mind just having a look at it for me, and get a price? perhaps a camera phone snap?
Oh, and see if, by any small chance, the car still has a sunroof bag in the boot? Please.
Will see what I can do mate. What on earth is a sunroof bag?!

PM me your email and mobile number and I'll shoot you a pic and price if I end up going tomorrow.

Cheers,
Owen.

nncoolg

Post by nncoolg » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:00 pm

...It is the storage bag that you put the roof in when you remove it and strap it down in the boot. Ill pm you my number, cheers!
# EA82 AWD 4EAT,

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:04 am

nncoolg wrote:...It is the storage bag that you put the roof in when you remove it and strap it down in the boot. Ill pm you my number, cheers!
If its the red vortex I don't remember seeing one when I was there last (about 2 or 3 months ago!).

Owen, if the turbo scoop is still on the bonnet, could you please grab it for me if its not more that $40?? I'll collect it from you this weekend - I know you'll be there :twisted:

Have fun!

Cheers

Bennie

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:16 am

El_Freddo wrote:If its the red vortex I don't remember seeing one when I was there last (about 2 or 3 months ago!).

Owen, if the turbo scoop is still on the bonnet, could you please grab it for me if its not more that $40?? I'll collect it from you this weekend - I know you'll be there :twisted:

Have fun!

Cheers

Bennie
I broke a shitty plastic clip today trying to put a weathershield back on libby so I'll be going to the wreckers either today or tomorrow. Will keep an eye out for that scoop bennie, however I'm 99% sure its gone.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:38 am

ScubyRoo wrote:I broke a shitty plastic clip today trying to put a weathershield back on libby so I'll be going to the wreckers either today or tomorrow. Will keep an eye out for that scoop bennie, however I'm 99% sure its gone.
Well I'm going to hang on to that 1%! Maybe there's another turbo vortex... probably not as they usually come around every 6 months or so...

If its not there I'll keep a look out...

Cheers

Bennie

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:39 am

ScubyRoo wrote:I broke a shitty plastic clip today trying to put a weathershield back on libby so I'll be going to the wreckers either today or tomorrow. Will keep an eye out for that scoop bennie, however I'm 99% sure its gone.
Well that scoop is now sitting in the back of Ruby Scoo :twisted: I hope to have some pics tomorrow to add to the build thread. It came under the title of "grille" so it cost me $30! And I got the ducting from under it included in the price :D

I've also nabbed two rear drive shafts that will probably be re-booted and greased at some stage before replacing the worn out units on the rear of Ruby Scoo - I think they're the culprits for the small vibration I'm experiencing. And I got some cup holders - just to see if I can retro fit them into my dash to make them functional and aesthetically pleasing to the eye...

Currently there's still the Red Vortex, its pretty much gutted except the interior and body panels - it doesn't seem that bad in the body department, just untidy I reckon.

A couple of libertys, maybe 2 wagons Gen1, several sedans - didn't check year/gen#, a couple of MY's and a couple of L wagons including at least one touring wagon circa <1987, a sherpa and two imprezas - one wagon one sedan.

nncoolg: I don't recall seeing a radio in the vortex and there was definitely no sunroof bag. But the sunroof is still there as are most of the body parts. Just the block remains in the engine bay with the front crossmember and struts etc. That's really about it. Back seat is missing as are some dash parts.

Cheers

Bennie

Return to “Victoria”