VIC Inaugural Cruise 22 June 2008

GTlegs

VIC Inaugural Cruise 22 June 2008

Post by GTlegs » Tue May 20, 2008 7:42 pm

We are pleased to announce the first AUSubaru Victorian Section cruise.

Cruise will be held on Sunday 22 June 2008.
11AM (thats morning) assembly for an 11:30AM departure

This will be an on-road only cruise. It will be a fairly relaxed drive via Mt Dandenong Tourist road and Monbulk Rd. The main aim is to get to know each other and enjoy some classic Subaru driving. Budget for 2-3 hours for the full cruise

Map now offline as everyone has now seen it. PM me if you want it again. I will bring copies to the cruise.

Stage 1 Start - Bunnings Warehouse Vermont carpark (the very front bit that's next to Burwood Hwy). Placemark "A" in the map above. 11:30AM
Stage 1 Finish - McDonalds Lilydale, Fortune Avenue. Placemark "I" in the map above. 12:40PM

Stage 2 Start - McDonalds Lilydale, Fortune Avenue. Placemark "I" in the map above. 1:10PM
Stage 2 Finish - Belgrave Station carpark. Placemark "J" in the map above. 2:00PM

WARNING AND DISCLAIMER
For all the people that feel the need to hoon/burnout/crap+dangerous driving/no insurance/drift/etc - YOU ARE NOT WELCOME TO THIS CRUISE. This is a relaxed 'get together' cruise and antisocial behaviour will not be tolerated. Most of us have cameras and you WILL be reported.

Ausubaru.com, its affiliates and this event's organisers cannot and will not be held liable or responsible for any loss, damage or injury either as a direct or indirect result of an event organized or affiliated with Ausubaru.com. By joining and following any Ausubaru.com event, you agree to these terms. Any illegal or foolish acts performed during a Ausubaru.com event will result in ejection from the club, and possibly notification of the relevant authorities. Remember, a lot of cameras will be around, foolish acts caught on camera can be submitted to the police as evidence against you.

In summary, this event's organiser and Ausubaru.com disclaim ALL liability for any and all consequences stemming from this cruise. YOU DRIVE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
'Another quality whore post from GTlegs Inc. Call 1900 POSTHO for all your forum reply supplies.'

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Tue May 20, 2008 7:56 pm

Sorry to be picky... hmm long drive from Vermont to Lilydale 24 hours 10 mins? which should take approx 30 - 40 mins depending traffic.... hmm.... you meant 12:40pm! ;)

Hope this event above is successful.
Cheers
Tristan
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

GTlegs

Post by GTlegs » Tue May 20, 2008 10:12 pm

AlpineRaven wrote:Sorry to be picky... hmm long drive from Vermont to Lilydale 24 hours 10 mins? which should take approx 30 - 40 mins depending traffic.... hmm.... you meant 12:40pm! ;)

Hope this event above is successful.
Cheers
Tristan
Fixed :D

Thanks
'Another quality whore post from GTlegs Inc. Call 1900 POSTHO for all your forum reply supplies.'

GTlegs

Post by GTlegs » Thu May 22, 2008 11:32 am

Map now posted!

Bratgeebah

Post by Bratgeebah » Fri May 23, 2008 4:57 am

I have friends coming to stay from up the country that week end but I'll "just nip out" for a few hours or drag em along, so I should be there.
Gee

daveosubi

Post by daveosubi » Fri May 23, 2008 12:34 pm

Sounds good

Ill meet you guys on the hill somewhere, seeing as the cruise goes past my house. Maybe around one tree hill rd, I can wait on the side of the road and should be able to slip into the convoy traffic easily and safely there.

GTlegs

Post by GTlegs » Fri May 23, 2008 3:57 pm

daveosubi wrote:Sounds good

Ill meet you guys on the hill somewhere, seeing as the cruise goes past my house. Maybe around one tree hill rd, I can wait on the side of the road and should be able to slip into the convoy traffic easily and safely there.
Whatever works for you Dave. Just bear in mind that the times are approximate, and the quantity of cars could be from 1 (just me :D) to 30 odd

schultzie

Post by schultzie » Mon May 26, 2008 11:14 am

Go to the meet point it is more fun that way.... :D
L-series Ea82t, WAIC+BOV 1Bar, 15's, 5sp dr, WOLF3D V4+, =D

GTlegs

Post by GTlegs » Tue May 27, 2008 12:05 am

Oh, and BTW, if your Suby is sick on the day, feel free to come in whatever, as long as it has four wheels and can keep up.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue May 27, 2008 1:55 pm

I'm really hoping to be there with ruby in full rego, a new set of treads (roadies :( but still good) and this morning I woke up with an urge to actually fix up one of the MPFI's to get rid of this damn carbie jerry-rigged setup I have atm.

Wonder if i can get it done in that time... otherwise I could maybe steal "sunnie" for the day :D

See you there.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:25 pm

Back on topic, I'll be there either in Ruby Scoo as pictured below or in Sunnie, gail's new brumby. Sunnie will be in attendance regardless of ruby scoo being there.

I've seen the map on the computers at uni, but the one at home doesn't load this map even after re-freshing the page or waiting longer... It just doesn't show up.

See you all there.

Cheers

Bennie

heath

Post by heath » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:49 pm

i'll be there to

GTlegs

Post by GTlegs » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:20 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Back on topic, I'll be there either in Ruby Scoo as pictured below or in Sunnie, gail's new brumby. Sunnie will be in attendance regardless of ruby scoo being there.

I've seen the map on the computers at uni, but the one at home doesn't load this map even after re-freshing the page or waiting longer... It just doesn't show up.

See you all there.

Cheers

Bennie
I took it off so we dont get any nasty surprises. I can PM Google map coordinates to all who need them. Oh, and I'll bring plenty of map print outs as well.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:46 am

GTlegs wrote:I took it off so we dont get any nasty surprises. I can PM Google map coordinates to all who need them. Oh, and I'll bring plenty of map print outs as well.
That would be good. I need to work out the easiest way there for us as we'll probabily be heading from benders on the day.

Cheers

Bennie

PS, good idea about the map too.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:02 pm

Hey GT, we need to get this on the "events calendar" ;)

Bennie

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:24 pm

I will be attending this. Hopefully i'll have the lift kit and 27's on by then! I know i don't need them for a road trip, it'd just be cool.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:31 pm

Venom wrote:Hopefully i'll have the lift kit and 27's on by then!
Just want to say that i'll be jealous... ;)

See you there.

Bennie

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:12 pm

Yay! Just got two new tyres and a wheel alignment. Now Ruby Scoo's looking good again. Having grey sunnies on the rear and black flaking steelies on the front made her look a little shabby.

Can't wait... now just to save for a tank or two of fuel for the drive :p

Cheers

Bennie

PS, might give her a bath tomorrow... that'd make two since december...

suby87

Post by suby87 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:18 pm

Hey Guys
Count me and the badger in. Will meet you all at the meeting spot. i hope you have the tyres an lift in venom it would be good to see a few more lifted L series around. I am getting a bit lonely being one of the very few.
Cheers Kris

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:36 pm

GTlegs wrote:I took it off so we dont get any nasty surprises. I can PM Google map coordinates to all who need them. Oh, and I'll bring plenty of map print outs as well.
Hey GT, could you please PM me that map? We'll probabily have a Nav man or something of the like, but I also prefer to have a hard copy too. Or if you want you could post it to me. I can PM you my addy if that suits you better.

Cheers

Bennie

Return to “Victoria”