Any trip planners out there???

El_Freddo
Master Member

Any trip planners out there???

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:11 pm

Hey all Vicco's!

Just wondering if any of you have been thinking of organising a weekend camp/4wd trip...
Anyone got a good place to go where a few subi's can camp the night?

I'm thinking the winter school holidays could be fun - although my L will still be standard height an prob road tyres which won't be real good for me.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:47 pm

....i think you should use those winter holidays to lift rubi scoo.....*just a quiet whisper from over here in wa*

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:52 pm

*another quiet whisper from wa:**............and then come back here :)
no more subarus

[/SIZE] [/color][/B][/color][/SIZE][/color]http://community.webshots.com/user/D3V1L9

suby87

Post by suby87 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:46 pm

LIFT IT, LIFT IT, LIFT IT!!!!!!
I will come and give you a hand done it twice now.

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:40 am

I'd be keen if someone organises a trip. I'm in the same boat though, i've got road tyres and no lift kit.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:41 am

Subafury wrote:....i think you should use those winter holidays to lift rubi scoo.....*just a quiet whisper from over here in wa*
Depends on money... I've got a kit lined up and the current owner is happy to hang on to it til I get the money together. The other thing I have to look at is insurance as I know that my current insurance company won't touch me with any mods away from standard options I add...
D3V1L wrote:*another quiet whisper from wa:**............and then come back here :)
That's on the cards too. Got a mate defenetly coming, dunno about our other mates yet - we're looking at having new years on the "Gouse" Australian Bight... Plans, can change though...
suby87 wrote:LIFT IT, LIFT IT, LIFT IT!!!!!!
I will come and give you a hand done it twice now.
That'd be good Kris. I'll check out your new ride while we do it ;) Maybe some of the WA boys could come over for a weekend :D (i was there for a little more than a long weekend... Just!

For now though i'd like to try and get the ball rolling on a trip during the "wet" times of our year over here...

Cheers

Bennie

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:45 am

Venom wrote:I'd be keen if someone organises a trip. I'm in the same boat though, i've got road tyres and no lift kit.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I got a trip going (with 3 cars total) last year, two cars were unlifted but we still had some fun!

Cheers

Bennie

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:01 pm

buy the lift and drive it over here. We'll bust it out in an arvo :) with much metal polish and alcomohol. :)

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

heath

12th april murrindi toolangi trip

Post by heath » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:23 pm

Hi guys I no its short notice(just got reffered to this site) iv got a trip going to toolangi this saturday. Some people are going up the friday night and camping then some others are coming up on saturday. Don't worry if you don't have your suby lifted im going to decide witch tracks to take on the day dependin on the capabilty of cars and drivers I just want to get out there and have fun. Were meetin on friday night at the servo in yarra glen about 8 and leave there at 830. And campin at the start of marginal road toolangi. Then if people want to come just for the day trip on saturday we will leave at 930 from were we are camping the night before anybody interested let me no and ill give u my mob number will have my uhf on chanel 8 from about 915 sat morn

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:30 pm

Alex wrote:buy the lift and drive it over here. We'll bust it out in an arvo :) with much metal polish and alcomohol. :)
We'll see how it goes, it could be the go... so long as my lift doesn't rust up after all your metal polishing alex i'll be happy :D

And Heath, sounds like good fun... On such short notice and with my current work load i'll have to unfortunately give this one a miss. I'm hopefully finding time this weekend to work on the brumby ("bluey") after many a week gone by without work...

Take loads of pics and give us a trip report. Hope its a good trip.

Cheers

Bennie

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:44 pm

Damn short notice too here (have to work) - Oh well next time - keep us updated in Victoria section.
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

heath

trip

Post by heath » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:21 pm

Hey guys it dosnt seem like anyone can make it on the trip due to late notice. But I won't have a chance to look at the site tommoro before I leave so if you want to come give me a call on 0438067074 so I no to wait I can't get messages because my screen on my phone is cracked but can still make an receive calls hope some of u can make it

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:15 am

I wonder how its going... Looks like good weather for a trip - some light rain last night should make it plenty of fun!

Bennie

esray71

Post by esray71 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:28 am

will have a new 2nd hand motor fitted soon!!! then i'll be up for a weekend away, should done within next 2 weeks! (Lseries carby, no lift and road tyres)

heath

Post by heath » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:24 pm

We had a ball found a good bog hole good hills a good river crossing. It was still pretty dry up there even though there was a little rain. Now I no this site exists ill put post up earlier next time would be more fun with more subys. Might try organise a whole weekend trip fri night till sunday make a base camp and head out from there both days probably at big river probably in about 5 to 10 weeks away just let me no of any interest and what date would suit most

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:45 am

heath wrote:Might try organise a whole weekend trip fri night till sunday make a base camp and head out from there both days probably at big river probably in about 5 to 10 weeks away just let me no of any interest and what date would suit most
Would be great! I'd defenetly be interested ;)

Bennie

PS - got any pics of last weekend?

heath

Post by heath » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:25 pm

I forgot my camera but subyruby took some so when he emails them ill put them up

Return to “Victoria”