Wreckers - what's there...

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:52 pm

AlpineRaven wrote:any updates? Surely someone has been to the wrecker lately! Its annoying when this thread is dead quiet!
Me too, I'll try and get an update happening between other activities in the yard...
daveosubi wrote:Ive got a L for wrecking in sassafras, what are you looking for?
L series 5 spd box for less than $100 ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:00 pm

You can have my gearbox for $100. Don't need it now with AWD.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

daveosubi

Post by daveosubi » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:55 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Me too, I'll try and get an update happening between other activities in the yard...

L series 5 spd box for less than $100 ;)

Cheers

Bennie
Yeah have a gearbox it's still in the car, but venom's in ballarat seems alot closer for you.

subarooster

Post by subarooster » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:41 pm

Macksville wreckers (bout 30 mins drive south of coffs Harbour) NSW Theres an MY Coupe thats only missing a door, windscreen and engine i think from memory. Most panels r in good nick. It is a dark maroon in colour. :)

Hmm.. just realised this is in the victoria section but still might b handy for any1 after the bits.

Current Projects: *Offroad Racing MY Touring Wagon.
* EA82T Jap spec L series Wagon.

Previous rides: *Supercharged EJ25 Rwd Brumby
* 2 x 91' L series Ej20, 3 inch lift, mud tyres.
01' Liberty B4.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:36 pm

subarooster wrote:Hmm.. just realised this is in the victoria section but still might b handy for any1 after the bits.
Not a worry, I got a chuckle out of it. Good to hear you've got access to those older vehicles up there - these are becoming harder to find in the yards these days :(

Cheers

Bennie

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:34 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Not a worry, I got a chuckle out of it. Good to hear you've got access to those older vehicles up there - these are becoming harder to find in the yards these days :(

Cheers

Bennie
I think we might need to start a new thread for Australia wide for "hard to get" parts or rarer parts ie. 1970s & early 80s Subarus if someone is looking for specific part!
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

subarooster

Post by subarooster » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:50 pm

Yes! i was thinking this the other day. There are a few older subaru's in the wrecking yards around here.

Current Projects: *Offroad Racing MY Touring Wagon.
* EA82T Jap spec L series Wagon.

Previous rides: *Supercharged EJ25 Rwd Brumby
* 2 x 91' L series Ej20, 3 inch lift, mud tyres.
01' Liberty B4.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:19 pm

Well, I had fun on saturday!

Got to PAP Campellfield and Kilsyth. Didn't get to Centre rd on time - they were closed at 4pm! Couldn't believe it and was quite annoyed, its my favourite yard and I had a mate with me that had never been before, I want to see him wet his pants cos its heap better than anything in benders. We spent too much time at PAP I think - it was a 50% off weekend!!! I've never seen any deals like this before, and kilsyth had a full carpark. Crazy.

What I did see:

Campbellfield:

white L series - 18x,xxxkm. Missing gearbox (you can guess where that is now :D) radiator gone too, engine possibly gone now, it was a very clean unit.

silver L series, didn't pay much attention to this, but it had 280,xxx or 3xx,xxxkm on the clock. I do know its missing its rear tail gate struts.

silver Liberty sw, nudging 400,000km. Various engine bits missing, same for interior. Has airbag suspension that appears to be complete.

Kilsyth:

Various L's there. A few roo bars to be had, one looked pretty good, the other's paint looked a little shabby.

One badly rusted MY 4wd wagon - about an 82 or 83 from memory, single headlight unit.

One Liberty 2wd sedan, now missing engine and Y pipe :D

That was about it. A good day had and a lot of money saved!

And before I forget, here's a link to Pick-a-Part - this page shows the specials and you can look up models of vehicles through a rough guide of whats in the yard. Its pretty accurate from my expeiences. I'll edit the first post to include this link.

Cheers

Bennie

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:35 am

El_Freddo wrote:Well, I had fun on saturday!

Got to PAP Campellfield and Kilsyth. Didn't get to Centre rd on time - they were closed at 4pm! Couldn't believe it and was quite annoyed, its my favourite yard and I had a mate with me that had never been before, I want to see him wet his pants cos its heap better than anything in benders. We spent too much time at PAP I think - it was a 50% off weekend!!! I've never seen any deals like this before, and kilsyth had a full carpark. Crazy.

What I did see:

Campbellfield:

white L series - 18x,xxxkm. Missing gearbox (you can guess where that is now :D) radiator gone too, engine possibly gone now, it was a very clean unit.

silver L series, didn't pay much attention to this, but it had 280,xxx or 3xx,xxxkm on the clock. I do know its missing its rear tail gate struts.

silver Liberty sw, nudging 400,000km. Various engine bits missing, same for interior. Has airbag suspension that appears to be complete.

Kilsyth:

Various L's there. A few roo bars to be had, one looked pretty good, the other's paint looked a little shabby.

One badly rusted MY 4wd wagon - about an 82 or 83 from memory, single headlight unit.

One Liberty 2wd sedan, now missing engine and Y pipe :D

That was about it. A good day had and a lot of money saved!

And before I forget, here's a link to Pick-a-Part - this page shows the specials and you can look up models of vehicles through a rough guide of whats in the yard. Its pretty accurate from my expeiences. I'll edit the first post to include this link.

Cheers

Bennie
Looks like you had fun there! Didn't know it was 50% over the weekend but didn't need anything apart going to try source another EA gearbox :D

Oh found a link for Jolly Rogers - my favorite wrecker. http://jollysupullit.com.au/WebPage/Web ... p?Ref=6956
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:35 pm

Summary of links to wreckers - also added to the first post of this thread, something I forgot to do with my last posting.

Pick a Part Specials page + make and model search page
Jolly Roger's
Centre Rd Wreckers

Cheers

Bennie

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:37 pm

AlpineRaven wrote:Looks like you had fun there! Didn't know it was 50% over the weekend but didn't need anything apart going to try source another EA gearbox :D
Kilsyth would be the best place out of the two pick a part joints. I found out that Centre Rd close at 4 on a sunday :( Hence why we missed them.

What do you want another EA box for AP?

Cheers

Bennie

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:51 pm

Andy's wreckers campbellfield - Blue L Series complete as it is today, 13" sunraysers rims.. nothing special..
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:45 pm

Keep your eye out for SF5 Forester in wreckers in Victoria somewhere... looking for a part off from it...
Cheers & thanks
AP
Subarus that I have/had:

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:20 pm

Pick-a-part isn't matching between the yard - online's stock - its not updated? (because i was at PAP Campbellfield today and only had red l series sedan, didn't see Liberty or Sherpa.
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed May 13, 2009 9:45 pm

AlpineRaven wrote:Pick-a-part isn't matching between the yard - online's stock - its not updated? (because i was at PAP Campbellfield today and only had red l series sedan, didn't see Liberty or Sherpa.
They were both there today - they were probabily in the holding yard when they were posted online... That sherpa looks like its in good shape body wise - only two rust problems I found. Other than that its a pretty neat unit.
The liberty was without a gearbox but was the same unit as last time I think...

At Kilsyth I missed out on an AWD gearbox from a new liberty in the yard. So annoyed, another day's travel/fuel spent on no outcome... The liberties were so abundant a year or so ago but now that I'm after bits from them they're harder to come by :evil: I also found out that a subaru gearbox comes under the front wheel drive gearbox category ($150)

There was an old school subi 4wd wagon at Kilsyth, pretty complete, dashboard is sun damaged and there's probabily some rust somewhere but I didn't bother looking...

I'm off to PM Carlie400. I hope she's still got "her little man"...

Cheers

Bennie

Cynical

Post by Cynical » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:24 pm

PAP Kilsyth

Had a quick look at what they had.

Old 70's wagon, still there (i really like the seats in this car.)

3-4 L series. Mostly complete under the bonnet. interior on one is stripped.

Gen 1? lib. - didn't pay much attention.

Cynical

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:38 am

50% off gearboxes for this week - 11JUL - 17JUL09. Glad I've got mine already but thought I'd post it anyway.

Cheers

Bennie

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:27 pm

If anyone's doing the rounds I'm after the intake manifold from a sherpa - not fussy on the year, just that its from a 2 cylinder sherpa... Our one on the bobcat has cracked due to frost! We get some chilly mornings around here!!

If you find one please let me know, dad's keen to get his bobcat running again.

Cheers

Bennie

tex

Post by tex » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:33 pm

I know its not victoria let alone melbourne But I found the jackpot in canberra they have six sherpas at one place and in another one that it looks like their going to wreck!
87 targa brumby (Neglected),
92 targa brumby (weekend runabout),
97 Lifted Outback (Dailey drive),
05 outback safety (Too cheap to pass up),
90 model liberty (was to be scrapped instead sold to workmate)
+ others.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:28 pm

tex wrote:I know its not victoria let alone melbourne But I found the jackpot in canberra they have six sherpas at one place and in another one that it looks like their going to wreck!
Tex, would you be able to get a price on an inlet manifold and if dad was happy with it would you be willing to post it down to us?

Cheers

Bennie

Return to “Victoria”