Weekend 4wd Cobaw - 04 and 05 October

El_Freddo
Master Member

Weekend 4wd Cobaw - 04 and 05 October

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:57 pm

Hey all,

I've posted the trip on the calendar. I would like to know who will be attending at this point in time. If there's a no show, the show will go on - obviously only with Ruby Scoo, a couple of mates, a chainsaw and some recovery gear.

I think I found the other end to soil pit track, it was a wicked drive til I found a tree over the road... Fun Fun.

Well, let me know if you'd like to join me for a day or the weekend.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:38 pm

I'll be joining you after i finish work on saturday, so i should be arriving around about 5 ish i think and staying the night.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:54 pm

Sweet, I'll keep you posted.

Bring on the EJ!

Bennie

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:57 pm

Just need to match my front and rear tyres so i can 4WD on the weekend.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:03 pm

Here's the meet point: 9am meet.

Cheers

Bennie

L-BJ

Post by L-BJ » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:06 pm

Bennie, might make it, my L ain't exactly an off-roader, and may be selling it / trading it in soon (been eying off Liberty B4's for over a year now) but if I've still got her I'll try make it. Also cheers for picking up the doors, how's the transplant going? (apologies for the whore)

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:21 pm

L-BJ wrote:Bennie, might make it, my L ain't exactly an off-roader, and may be selling it / trading it in soon (been eying off Liberty B4's for over a year now) but if I've still got her I'll try make it. Also cheers for picking up the doors, how's the transplant going? (apologies for the whore)
No worries about the "whoring". The doors are again in storage - my old horse's stable, waiting for the time to put them in and source the control box. That'll hopefully happen near December. I'd also like to source some blue door panels to suit my interior.

After I left your joint I saw two people on the corner near the primary school, one looked like he pushed the other - that other hit the deck big time, I still remember the thud of her head on the pavement over my lifter tick and the stereo - I had the window down.

What had happened was he (the son) was trying to catch his mum as she went down like a sack of potatoes. Dunno what the outcome was but I got the ambo's sorted and she went off with them. It seemed like she was suffering a heart attack at one point. The mother didn't speak a word of english and the son wasn't much better - they'd only been in the country for 3 weeks, I'm pretty sure they were vietnamese... I felt bad cos I didn't know the area and had to go by the street names your dad gave me - by memory! They got there without a problem so it was all good.

Back on topic, my L is bog standard. If you only want to come for the social and look see you're welcome to a seat in my ride.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers

Bennie

suby87

Post by suby87 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:09 am

Hey Bennie
Me and the white monster should be able to make it for the weekend I was going to work at the lesiurefest for the club but I would rather get out in the bush and show off the Badger.

Cheers

L-BJ

Post by L-BJ » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:11 pm

Crazy stuff Bennie, who says nothing ever happens in the burbs? Your a "True Aussie Hero" (slight amount of sarcasm, but seriously good work, glad they were ok) most people round here would keep driving, so kudos to you.
On the control box, if I'm down Center Road Wreckers anytime, I'll keep an eye out for you if you want. (end whore)
Back on topic, less likely for the trip, my sub is going in for a RWC that Sat, but will let you know if anything changes.
Cheers

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:20 pm

L-BJ wrote:Back on topic, less likely for the trip, my sub is going in for a RWC that Sat, but will let you know if anything changes.
Cheers
No worries mate, it'd be great if you could make it even if you are 4wd subi less ;)

Kris, I look foward to it mate - I saw a car in woodend today with personalised plates that made me think of you, they were "badg3r"... Guess that one's off the list for personalised plates eh?

I'll see you all soon...

Cheers

Bennie

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:23 pm

So can I get a hands up for who's going to show up this saturday. If you need my number for whatever reason post a request here or send me a PM.

I'll be checking this thread during the week with any luck. The final check before the event will be late friday night.

Hope to see a few if not all of you there :D

Cheers

Bennie

suby87

Post by suby87 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:45 pm

One hand up here!

I hope to see a few more before the end of the week.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:22 pm

suby87 wrote:I hope to see a few more before the end of the week.
Me too mate, me too...

If not, there's plent of tracks up there to keep us entertained for the weekend. Does the Badger have lift of any height.

Cheers

Bennie

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:12 pm

I broke my car on sunday, hopefully i can get it fixed in time otherwise i won't be able to make it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:31 pm

Venom wrote:I broke my car on sunday, hopefully i can get it fixed in time otherwise i won't be able to make it.
That doesn't sound good mate, how's it broke? I was really hoping to see this thing in action!

Bennie

suby87

Post by suby87 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:06 pm

Yeah its got the three inch lift out of red one with 195r14 muddies on it. With a sweet MPFI engine.

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:11 pm

Something is spinning in 4WD under load (e.g up a steep hill) and it's not the tyres. Happening on hills i've been up many times before. The cars also making some strange noises driving around in FWD, almost like a wheel bearing noise and there is a vibration through out the car(not just steering wheel shake).

Going in tomorrow to get looked at. at the moment thinking it could be the diff, CV or something along those lines.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:23 pm

suby87 wrote:Yeah its got the three inch lift out of red one with 195r14 muddies on it. With a sweet MPFI engine.
Yeah wicked! Funny how things change, I had the MPFI last time and you had the carbie... This time it'l be the other way round :???:
Venom wrote:Something is spinning in 4WD under load (e.g up a steep hill) and it's not the tyres. Happening on hills i've been up many times before. The cars also making some strange noises driving around in FWD, almost like a wheel bearing noise and there is a vibration through out the car(not just steering wheel shake).
Sounds like you need to bung another gearbox in there... that's not sounding healthy!

Hope its sorted for saturday, best of luck and I hope to see you out there without any strange noises or vibrations...

Cheers

Bennie

daveosubi

Post by daveosubi » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:45 pm

I wont be able to make it, as my car needs work too. What door trim's are you after, if it's for an L I have some you can have.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:59 pm

daveosubi wrote:I wont be able to make it, as my car needs work too. What door trim's are you after, if it's for an L I have some you can have.
Sounds like everyone's dropping like flies :cry: Hope you get your subi sorted dave... Same goes for you Venom, any updates?

The door trims I'm after are the electric window door panel and switches in the blue interior colour of the late 80's/early 90's era... Don't stress about them as I'll find them at some stage when I'm doing the rounds at centre rd/pick a part...

Cheers

Bennie

Return to “Victoria”