Penrith Caravan, Camping and Holiday Expo

Sideways Subaru

Penrith Caravan, Camping and Holiday Expo

Post by Sideways Subaru » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:07 pm

Hey all you NSW guys, me and Smokey (Colin) have been talkin and reckon we should have a get-to-gether at this weekend's expo at Penrith.
Its at Penrith Panthers fri-sun 9am-5pm and there's FREE parking and FREE entry.
Me, smokey and subarute will be there on Sunday so if anyone wants to join us just reply on here or ring/msg me 0431842732.
Hope to see you there as well Subalex and Fredsub!

Alex

subalex

Post by subalex » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:37 pm

Hi Sideways, Smokey, Subarute and Fredsub,

Sure, that sounds like a good idea. I don't know if I could get out there in my L-series when that's my one full family day of the week so I might have to have the people mover instead. The poor suckers have seen me go through those shows that many times and I think it'd drive my wife crazy to think I'd do it again. However, I'll never say never. She might let me go on my own with the three boys. A man has to plan how to get out and about.

Subalex
'91 Sportswagon - 3" lifted, 14" speedys, 27" Nankangs + lots of small details improved. Wouldn't mind some extra grunt from an EJ.

Smokey

Post by Smokey » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:38 pm

Subalex, would be great to meet you, even without the L. I'll definitely be there with Alex (Sideways). Not sure yet if I'll be out alone or with my two boys and the wife also, but I'll be there one way or another on Sunday as planned. Sms Alex when you come out so we can hookup. At this stage I'm thinking I'll be there lunch to early afternoon ish.

subalex

Post by subalex » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:10 am

Thanks Smokey,
I've been talking to the neighbours about going out there too, they're from NewZealand, have only been in Oz for a few months and have a brand new black Jeep Cherokee that they need to be encouraged to take off road. We might end up with all of us going along for a fund day in the end to help them spend their money... or just bring the boys together. Either way, an SMS isn't too hard to pass on. :-)
'91 Sportswagon - 3" lifted, 14" speedys, 27" Nankangs + lots of small details improved. Wouldn't mind some extra grunt from an EJ.

Smokey

Post by Smokey » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:56 pm

Just thought I'd post quickly that Sideways Subaru (Alex), Subales (Alex) and myself caught up at the show just after lunch, and had a good yarn. Nice to meet you Subalex!

Was short and sweet but nice to get out and meet you guys on this fantastic forum!!!!

Subarute sorry I missed you. Hope ur trip is going well, will have to catchup next time.

subalex

Post by subalex » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:48 pm

True, it was great to have met. It's a pity that we all drive such old cars eh :-)

Meeting up highlighted just how similar minded we are actually on the topics of fishing... and driving... favourite topics for discussion being old Subies and home mechanics. ok ok ok kids were up there too for Colin and I too.

I'm heading to Anna Bay these coming hol's for a few days. Perhaps you guys might like to join us up there for a drive on the beach?

Smokey

Post by Smokey » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:37 pm

Yeah sounds good, could come up for the day or even stay overnight on a little holiday of our own with the family. Will have to see how I go with the engine and Gbox swap :)

Return to “New South Wales and ACT”