Taree Area

yarney
General Member

Taree Area

Post by yarney » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:02 pm

Has anybody got any knowledge of Coopernook State forest,landsdown state forest and coorabakh national park areas

I'm after info on roads (tracks) and interesting places to go and see

I am not so much after maps but what this area is like, I have looked on google earth and am thinking of doing a trip down that way with the club

Here is some of the places i have in mind just to name a few
Type in any one of these on google earth or google maps and have a look

Coopernook forest way
Newbys cave
Newdys lookout Vincents lookout
Waitui falls
Ellenorough falls
Koppin Yarratt rd
Big nellie rd

They look like some good spots to visit and the roads (tracks) look interesting too
So if anybody knows the area and these roads let me know thanks

Jan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

Dane

Post by Dane » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:10 pm

I'll come :)

stenno

Post by stenno » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:36 pm

Ellenborough Falls is really nice, so is Rawson falls on Comboyne. nothing too offroad to get there to either. You could get there in a 2wd road car no worries as its mostly graded dirt roads if i remember correctly. With Rawson falls just try not to leave it too late in the day as the cold chill sets in. Its only a 1km odd walk but worthwhile and a nice spot to eat down the bottom.

I'm off over the other side of Comboyne Mountain to Taree so i dont have any real idea about down Taree way, sorry. Everyone around Wauchope seems to go 4wding in Bago state forest or Werrikimbe.

But you can nearly drive all the way around and over Comboyne mountain using fire trails and national parks if you want to get off the beaten track too.

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:58 pm

stenno wrote:Ellenborough Falls is really nice, so is Rawson falls on Comboyne. nothing too offroad to get there to either. You could get there in a 2wd road car no worries as its mostly graded dirt roads if i remember correctly. With Rawson falls just try not to leave it too late in the day as the cold chill sets in. Its only a 1km odd walk but worthwhile and a nice spot to eat down the bottom.

I'm off over the other side of Comboyne Mountain to Taree so i dont have any real idea about down Taree way, sorry. Everyone around Wauchope seems to go 4wding in Bago state forest or Werrikimbe.

But you can nearly drive all the way around and over Comboyne mountain using fire trails and national parks if you want to get off the beaten track too.
Welcome to the forum Stenno

Thanks for the reply i half expected it not to be that hard but that's ok might see you down that way:)

thanks again

Jan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

Return to “New South Wales and ACT”