June long weekend trip

subalex

June long weekend trip

Post by subalex » Sat May 29, 2010 2:45 pm

Hi guys, for those of you not in the Subaru 4WD Club, you might like to come along on a 4WD camping trip a couple of hours West of Sydney, rated "hard", that should really thrill the most keen Subie 4WD'ers out there.

Trip details are as follows:

Sunday: Meeting at Lithgow Maccas before heading out to Lidsdale State Forest for some challenging tracks - steep hill climbs and descents, rocky surfaces, a couple of water crossings for good measure. There's quite a lot of different challenges through the day to test your clearance and driving abilities. Then we'll drive to a beautiful campground nearby with a pit toilet and running creek to camp overnight.

Monday: Drive to Mt Airly and explore its surroundings. The track to the top of the mountain are, again, steep and when we get to the top we'll be treated with some more excellent vantage points for a picnic lunch/morning tea and photography. Afterwards we can check out the historic town of Airly before choosing to head straight home or check out another track that links back to the main road home.

Expect to have a full day of proper 4WDing in your lifted Subaru, finding the limits of your driving skill and your cars ability. A minimum recovery pack of two rated bow shackles and a snatch strap required. Subarus will need some body and/or suspension lift and good tyres.

I will lead the trip in my Patrol, however, there are a few other types of 4WD coming along including 3 modded Foresters, a lifted Kluger, a Jeep Wrangler, possibly a shorty Pajero and a Hilux too. All of Subaru drivers did this with me in January and had such a ball they couldn't wait to do it again.

Give me a call if you're interested in joining us. I'd like to discuss your vehicle setup and driving experience before you come along.

Cheers,
Alex 0403 223288
'91 Sportswagon - 3" lifted, 14" speedys, 27" Nankangs + lots of small details improved. Wouldn't mind some extra grunt from an EJ.

Return to “New South Wales and ACT”