Combined forum trip to Lidsdale and Mt Airlie

subalex

Combined forum trip to Lidsdale and Mt Airlie

Post by subalex » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:39 pm

I'm trying to negotiate a combined trip with those in the Subaru and Recreational 4WD club and on the OffroadSubaru forum as this was a hit last time we did it. I'm putting my hand up to lead a trip out to Lidsdale State Forest and Mt Airlie (both near Capertee just outside Lithgow about 2hrs from Sydney) as a weekend camping trip to allow those from the ACT to join us. Just a matter of agreeing on a date. Trip would be rated medium and be a great lot of driving challenges for Subaru drivers. Water, mud, hill climbs, different surfaces and traction levels to test every type of vehicle. Some lift and All-Terrain tyres would be best but not necessarily ruling out those without.

Agreed, I feel like a weirdo leading this trip since my L-series is out of action and I'm driving my kitted out Patrol but it's all worth it. Last time I went to Lidsdale was in the L-series and, though I went to Mt Airlie in my Patrol last time, I know it would be a blast going to Mt Airlie in the Subies too.

First week of Jan anyone. I'm off work in that week like many others so this could be a mid-week trip if that's more popular.

Please respond by replying to this thread or sending me an email:
right2us@bigpond.net.au

Cheers,
Alex
'91 Sportswagon - 3" lifted, 14" speedys, 27" Nankangs + lots of small details improved. Wouldn't mind some extra grunt from an EJ.

Smokey

Post by Smokey » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:39 am

Sounds like a good trip Alex. Will be a good run for anyone who is interested. Alex knows his stuff and will be a great trip leader. I unfortunately cannot go, the L in unregistered at the moment.

Return to “New South Wales and ACT”