Murphy's Creek Truck,Car.Ute,Music etc

subybrumby

Murphy's Creek Truck,Car.Ute,Music etc

Post by subybrumby » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:11 pm

This is probably a bit late and I'm not connected to this event at all, but if anyone is looking to go for a Saturday Drive, there is a big event on here near Toowoomba tomorrow, Sat 22nd. It has been advertised in this area and there is plenty of yap on the UHF about it. Could be a good day out.

It is being held at the Murphys Creek Cricket Ground (Thats right, the MCG) and there is plenty for everyone I'm told. Just back from the Spring Bluff railway station. I'll go and have a look. All proceeds to Cancer

More here about it http://www.thechronicle.com.au/story/20 ... ht-cancer/

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:42 am

Hey Hey hey!! Kept the subaru name up at the event and look what I got!!
[ATTACH]1598[/ATTACH]

Best street ute in its class!!! Squeezed out a few B&S utes and a hilux that were there.

I feel pretty chuffed after laying underneath the thing for weeks on end.

It was a great day and plenty of cars, trucks there. Lot of muscle and show cars, lot of money tied up. Good bands, crowd down a bit but we really enjoyed it. Only other subaru was a WRX and he pulled a trophy too, can't remember what for though.

They had mine parked next to all the B&S utes with their aerials and flags etc. They were very gracious when I pulled a win.

Should have heard the crowd silence when "Subaru Brumby" was called as a winner in its category.

Yay..go the brumby!!! I've got the bug.
[ATTACH]1599[/ATTACH]

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:49 am

Good on ya Trev nice trophy

Jan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:02 pm

Thanks Jan. I went down and put up my folding chair to read the paper and came back with a Cup. No, it was a really good day. I've been invited to take it to the Quinalow ute show next month just north west of Toowoomba near the Bunyas. Cheers. Trevor

Dane

Post by Dane » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:20 pm

Nice work, good lookin' ute, how'd it go in the Bunya's?

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:23 pm

Was not a big showing at Quinalow, lot of B&S utes but I managed to pick up a 2nd for best other make and a 3rd for best 4x4. It was a good day though. There is another ute show on at the Warwick drags this weekend but I may be heading to Strathpine for the Japanese show and shine.

Return to “Queensland”