Toowoomba Swap Meet

subybrumby

Toowoomba Swap Meet

Post by subybrumby » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:47 pm

Hi evryone,

The Toowoomba swap meet is on again this weekend. Goes over Friday and Saturday with the big day being Saturday. I don't have anything to do with it but go every year scrounging around for tools mostly. But they have every bit of mechanical junk and car parts there that you would ever want to see. Good stuff and junk.

Not a lot of Subaru stuff though I must say. I spoke about this once before on the forum. Anyway, just thought I would let people know if you want to grab that elusive part...its there somewhere. Toowoomba showgrounds

http://www.toowoombaswap.com/

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:21 pm

There will be one Subi there, Myself and my little bro and coming and picking up his Liberty from the sunny coast and heading down there for a look with the folks. And then hopefully back to Townsville if the flooding and cyclones have gone away. We have had first for the year and another forming!!! You taking the Brumby?
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:59 pm

Yes, why not...I'll be there on the Saturday, (My brother has a stall there with early holden parts) I'll be wandering around looking lost....Give us a ring on 0428865442 if you want to hook up, Matt.

Regards...Trevor

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:21 pm

Sorry just got back and saw your post to late...... You see the red Brumby with the flames? I will post up a pic later this week hopefully... Find any bargains?
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:02 pm

No I didn't see the red brumby. Mine was in the car park up the top. Had my phone with me in case you called. Did you see my brothers restored FC holden wagon, Red roof cream body on the eastern side. That's where we were. Yes, went over most of the site. No subaru parts. One guy had a sign up advertising brumby parts but it was on behalf of a guy in Murwillumbah and the car was down there.

Picked up some circlip pliers, (For CV boot replacement) other tools and sundry stuff. Nothing major. My two brothers got good deals including brand new MOPAR heads for a hotrod he is building. The other has a V8 WB ute and off loaded a lot off stuff. He said a lot was selling before he got it off his ute..

Thought there might be someone there selling range of CV boots but no. ????

Anyway we had a good day and sorry I missed meeting you. Never mind...Did you get much stuff??

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:04 pm

There was some CV boots there, my bro got one for his liberty. I got lots of stuff, mainly just little odds and sods. Probably my best buy was 3 Carbide Die Grinder Burrs for $15!! (RRP up around $50-80 each).
"Bianca"

"Claudia"

subybrumby

Post by subybrumby » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:09 pm

Oh well as they say, there is always next year? Cheers.

Return to “Queensland”