Windorah Trip

subybrumby

Windorah Trip

Post by subybrumby » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:22 pm

As some of you know, I play guitar as a soloist. An old broken down rocker.

I've been asked to play guitar in Windorah outback Queensland later in October. There is a footy coaching crew coming through to spend some time with the local kids in a coaching clinic and the town want to build a weekend around it with an event on the Saturday Night in the park. I've been asked if I would be interested in playing for it.

Its a big trip and I've done it before a couple of years ago in my little 91 brumby. I think about 1300klms each way.

I havn't given an answer yet and am still making up my mind about it. But it would be good to rub shoulders with some of the rugby league greats. I believe Gordon Tallis will be one of them and apparently they are going to get a couple of the Broncos out there. It all comes from local sponsorship and remote area financial support etc etc. My eldest son works there on the gas lines and has been given the job to ask me. And I used to live there in 81-83.

The wife says, "its up to you" "My boss at work has given me the "ok" but

I've got a few days yet to think about it... Its a big trip for my loaded up little brumby..My avatar shows me changing a tyre near Quilpie last time.

Return to “Queensland”