New members - Read first post & say G'day

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
Outback bloke

New members - Read first post & say G'day

Post by Outback bloke » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:38 pm

This topic is purely for new members to say G'day and get that horrible "first post" out of the way. If you are a long time reader that has been working up the courage to say something, or just new to the site and are looking for a way to break the ice then here is your chance.

We don't need any great life history, just reply with a "hello, my name is........." or "G'day from ............" or some thing along those lines.

Just remember, the members with thousands of posts here started at the same place you are now.

If you are wanting to create a new post and don't know what area to put it in, just do it where you think. If it is wrong a moderator will move it for you.

To
create a new
post simply click on the "New Thread" button at the top of each page.

To reply to an existing post click on the "Post Reply" button at the top of each post. Use this one to reply here.

Ninpo

G'day from a new member?!

Post by Ninpo » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:05 am

G'day folks,

I'm Tristan, 22, Central Coast. I've been on the hunt for the last 3 months for a ute... I've been looking at everything from a VY V8 to a Toyota Hiluz...

I've almost settled on a Brumby - I'm figuring it's the best of both worlds... Cheap enough to drop in a new engine and get her up to speed and AWD capable to I can take her up the Wattagans camping.

That's about it for now - I'm on the hunt for my brumby - I have to jump in one and give her a drive first though... I currently drive a 3.8L V6 vn wagon with pacemaker extractors, lukely 2.5" from the cat back and a K&N pod filter... she goes well but not hard enough....

Ooroo guys, if anyone knows of a brumby round my area (Central Coast... between Syd and Newy NSW) then let me know!

Cheers, Tristan

ITGRIPS

Post by ITGRIPS » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:37 pm

hello, another Chris from WA. Just joined today 21/11 and was refered to this site by Lapsed ( Chris ). i have a 97 wrx hatch, first subaru, first turbo and love it. so far i havent done much to it but i bought it lowered with 17" gold rims, panel and paint done at some stage and diff back zorst. i've added sti tail lights, fitted clear indictators all round, front spot light covers and stereo upgrade. i spend too much money on my other car at the moment to mod the rex!! but... its day will come

'97 WRX Hatch
'85 VK SS Brockodore

BrennyV

Post by BrennyV » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:55 pm

hey mate, welcome. nice looking little beast. i think ive seen ya on tonkin before.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VER7 STI (FOR SALE) & RIP EJ22 AWD LEONE
PIX @ www.webshots.com/user/4muff

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote ... 02861.html

cool banana

Post by cool banana » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:12 pm

Hi, My name's Martin. I joined the site a few months ago. I own a 05 outback which I really love. I'll try and get a piccie of her up on the site...I'm continously amazed at how capable these cars are, on and off road. My plan is to lift the outback with a kit from ausubaru, fit a dual battery system and other mods for offroad touring. Over time, I guess I'll be hitting you guys up for info on lights, batteries, fitout for offroading and camping, etc. I'd also like to meet up with the perth chapter for asome offroading.
cheers for now

ITGRIPS

Post by ITGRIPS » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:50 am

'[4MUFF wrote:]hey mate, welcome. nice looking little beast. i think ive seen ya on tonkin before.
most probabaly, use to drive down it every day as i worked in welshpool but not so much anymore, work down spearwood way now :)
'97 WRX Hatch
'85 VK SS Brockodore

BrennyV

Post by BrennyV » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:52 am

i work in myaree ;) tho i drive.... correction.. amber drives from N.O.R every day.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VER7 STI (FOR SALE) & RIP EJ22 AWD LEONE
PIX @ www.webshots.com/user/4muff

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote ... 02861.html

ITGRIPS

Post by ITGRIPS » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:10 am

oh and i have a company car so the rex stays home locked up till the weekend! i dont drive it much anymore
'97 WRX Hatch
'85 VK SS Brockodore

Thalass

Post by Thalass » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:04 am

Hey folks, I guess I should post in here, too. My name is Ben, I'm in Perth, and I'm a subaholic.

Well, not really, but I've owned two Subarus out of two cars total, the first was an old 84 touring wagon that I treated like crap and still survived my first few years on the road, and now I have a 99 outback.

I'm keeping an eye out for a 94 liberty sedan at the moment, preferably one with a bung engine that'd be cheap, for a future project. Can't start it now, though. The missus insists on having a house to live in for some reason... heh.

I don't drive off road often enough, sadly, but the Outback takes me everywhere I want to go, including driving across the country from Sydney. Just need to get her back on the road... stupid gearbox.

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:59 pm

should come out Thalass....coming to the bbq?

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

Thalass

Post by Thalass » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:35 pm

Probably not. Need to get my outback on the road, and I'd feel a bit silly turning up in the wife's toyota :P

Probably the next one, though.

Caveman

Post by Caveman » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:39 pm

Hey guys.....

Well after a couple of posts last week, I've gone out and bought myself an Outback.
It's an MY00 2.5 Limted Auto.

I've only had the car a week, but I love it already. The only problem I can find is that the suspension seems to have passed it's use by date, and is on the soft side.
I'm looking for some advice on what to replace it with, as I'm guessing I'll need new struts.
Also I wouldn't mind a bit of extra lift, so what are the best springs to get.???

I'm in Brisbane, so any advice from locals would be greatly appreciated.

I'll be looking to get out and tackle some trails in it once I've given it a good going over though.

Cheers
Paul

INEEDABEER

Post by INEEDABEER » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:45 pm

The first thing you do is join the Subi club and we will show you the way of the force.I'm sure BYB01 will be answering your call soon.You can PM me for more info on our club.Subi wan are u listening.
]Hey I know Jack Schitte!
[/SIZE]

Caveman

Post by Caveman » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:47 pm

That sounds great, I'd be interested in hearing about the Subi Club.
Send me some details......be great to meet a few like minded subi owners. :)

nomad

Post by nomad » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:15 pm

G'Day from another new member from W.A.
The name is Brett and finally got hold of a Brumby after many years of waiting:D.Its a stock standard with a canopy but hoping to do the usual of lift,o/r wheels and engine mods.Reside in the s/west with my tribe and hope to get a chance to have more leisure time:rolleyes:
Anybody down this way on holidays quite welcome to call in.
Anyway cheers
Brett.

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:45 pm

Welcome Brett.

Dutchy

Post by Dutchy » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:13 pm

hey my name is Scott just joind the site last week. some1 told me to check this site out if ur into ur subarus.
I own 2 L series looken at selling 1 of them, only when i fix the 1 i just bought... 1991 l series for $400. bloody bargan.

i was told u guys do a lot of day trips out 4wding, would like to come along to some of them.

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:17 pm

hey man, welcome, check the wa area. We are always organising stuff

cheers

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

Matatak

Post by Matatak » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:03 pm

Dutchy wrote:hey my name is Scott just joind the site last week. some1 told me to check this site out if ur into ur subarus.
I own 2 L series looken at selling 1 of them, only when i fix the 1 i just bought... 1991 l series for $400. bloody bargan.

i was told u guys do a lot of day trips out 4wding, would like to come along to some of them.
welcome :D

was it a current member who told u bout the site ??

wts wrong with ya car to? (read that in the whitehills post :p)

hope to see u out oneday.

we do night runs to at pines - theyre good fun
Wagon is no longer....:(

The Subaru Wacky Workshop
-All About the WA Boys :D

lenardleone

Post by lenardleone » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:33 pm

Hi I'm Jon-Anthony(Lenard is my car) i have been looking to join a site for Subaru's since i got mine in July now i just gotta fix him thanks

Return to “New Members & Introductions”