Traded the L, Bought a Forester

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Bunyip

Traded the L, Bought a Forester

Post by Bunyip » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:04 pm

Yo i just read that i havent used this site since December last year.....?

Sorry fellas be doin gigs up and down the coast and well havent had much time.

Well i used to own a 93 L with not much more then air con to boost its rep but now i have bought a LTD 2000 Forester and well........The L was just the begining.

I thought that the L was a forward thinkin car. Small, 4WD, hill holder so on and so on. Bu the forester is a joy to drive.

I thought i would never buy a car with a sun roof let alone a moon roof. This car has renewed my faith in reliable automobiles.

I do have some small conserns as i ready some were that the suspention/steering in or around this model was recalled or problems when they happen fixed(still under dealer warranty). Please if pos shed some light?

And im not to impressed with Hunter Subaru (im yet to talk to them) about the fact that when i went to pick the car up i was in formed that on trade-in that there was only the one key. this model has the imobilizer in the and to replace this key is $120. Also......it was never traded with the keyless remote? which i have found to be around $200. I would have negotiated the price ferther and got this replaced within the value of the car.....Not to happy.

apart from that all is sweet and hope to have the car till me son is ready to drive.

Peace

MADMaN

theclick

Post by theclick » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:08 pm

Umm.. well you could threaten them with legal action as it was an implied term in the contract that the car would come with the factory keys and remotes. you may be able to get one out of them

Bunyip

Post by Bunyip » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:38 pm

Well thats it. Im not quit sure were i stand yet.

They were cool and all but now i have the car we will see how they react.

I never knew about the keys till after the contract was signed and if known about the keys would have made the dealer replace them.

Thanks for the support.

Play it cool first then bring out the guns...HA

Peace

MADMaN aka (BUNYIP IS DEAD...)

Gremlins

Post by Gremlins » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:56 am

If it's any consolation I've never bought a second hand car yet that has come with it's full compliment of keys/remotes. I've had just about every possible combination that you can think of, ie, one vehicle had one factory key, one key from the key cutting shop, one lost remote and the other one busted, another one had two factory keys, one good remote, one busted one. There were others also, but this is now going back before remotes were mainstream, and again I can't think of one that came with it's full compliment of factory keys.

cods

Post by cods » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:44 pm

Well one of us is disillusioned cause i traded my forester in and bought a 1992 L series..Cheers

BENduro

Post by BENduro » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:02 pm

Congrats'...I loved my 99', fantastic vehicle, no issues. Clutch annoyed me a bit:(
Enjoy a great and safe allrounder;)

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:36 pm

Congratulations on buying a Forester, I love mine too even with it's shortcomings :twisted: (rear leg room).

Keep a close eye on that sunroof too, they have caused quite a few owners some heartache, not so much here in Aust., but in the USA they have.
Peter

Bunyip

Post by Bunyip » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:31 pm

Congratulations on buying a Forester, I love mine too even with it's shortcomings (rear leg room).

Keep a close eye on that sunroof too, they have caused quite a few owners some heartache, not so much here in Aust., but in the USA they have.

Cheers

Tosha about the rear legroom. My wife leave plenty of room but me being a tall fella needs me cahir back a bit.

I have a new baby dew soon and well i heard that the capsule should fit good?????

I would like to know more about the sunroofs in the USA.

PEACE

MADMaN

Bunyip

Post by Bunyip » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:34 pm

BENduro wrote:Congrats'...I loved my 99', fantastic vehicle, no issues. Clutch annoyed me a bit:(
Enjoy a great and safe allrounder;)
I heard that the clutchs and wheel bearings can be a bit of a hassle?

Im happy so far lovin the drive.

PEACE

MADMaN

Bunyip

Post by Bunyip » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:39 pm

Gremlins wrote:If it's any consolation I've never bought a second hand car yet that has come with it's full compliment of keys/remotes. I've had just about every possible combination that you can think of, ie, one vehicle had one factory key, one key from the key cutting shop, one lost remote and the other one busted, another one had two factory keys, one good remote, one busted one. There were others also, but this is now going back before remotes were mainstream, and again I can't think of one that came with it's full compliment of factory keys.
I bought it from a dealer and only having 1 key would not be a problem if the key didnt have the immobilizer in it. So only having the one key makes it real hard to move the car if i loose the only key i have.

All good i spoke to the dealer and they said they would buy us a key so all good.

We have also orderd 2 keyless entery.

PEACE

MADMaN

Return to “Subaru Chat”