Some questions...

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
fleaborg

Some questions...

Post by fleaborg » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:33 pm

g'day all,

new to the board and, though i'm trying to learn, know little about fixing cars let alone subarus.

anyhow, i've got an '86 4WD DL Wagon that i'm trying to fix up as money allows. i have several problems i need to address. a vibration in the steering wheel, a drift/pull to the left (according to beaurepairs, something is throwing out my camber. they suggested the radius arm but comparison says that mine is fine), a horrible ticking noise from the engine (assuming lifters), and a thump when going over bumps.

at the moment i have little time to fix them myself and was hoping that someone here would know of a quality 'ru mechanic in brisbane.

cheers,
fleaborg.

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:51 pm

In Brisbane is easy.

1) Boxer Service - although i doubt that you will get in (nothing personal they just flat out).

2) John French - ok.

3) Subaru Dealer - will cost you more though.

4) Suck up to the good ppl on this board and the Subaru Club Qld and they may help/do it for you for a small fee.

Other then this i have not been to another Subaru mech in Qld so i could not comment.
Toyota 105 Series LandCruiser (that nobody on here wants to really hear about).
RX Touring Wagon - fitted out for 4WDing (currently collecting dust).
RX Project - will be road only at this stage (and currently taking way to long to finish).

Wilbur
General Member

Post by Wilbur » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:31 pm

Scorpion Subaru is another one.

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:34 pm

Lightning_Silver_RX wrote:Scorpion Subaru is another one.
Arr see i ALWAYS forget they do servicing.
RX Project - will be road only at this stage (and currently taking way to long to finish).

fleaborg

Post by fleaborg » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:31 pm

thanks guys. i was thinking of going with scorpion subaru cause they're local to me (wynnum to capalaba, 15 mins). and i was looking for a soob club but all i found was an offroading one and my girl isnt an offroading machine. im not a good enough driver for that yet.

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:39 pm

The off roading 1 was it. Yes they do may 4WDing trip a year and some will not be suitable for an unlifted Suabru however they are a great club, great bunch of people, and will be able to provide you with a wealth of Suabru knowledge/skills, for both on road, off raod and car servicing/maintainance and parts, blar blar blar.

In addition to this if you are not a strong 4WD and want to be a club is the best place to learn this craft as there are soem VERY experienced 4WDers there that will teach you HEAPS of stuff about HEAPS of stuff.

Seriously have a look (last time i attended 1 of their meetings i rocked up in my sisters brand new unlifted stocko no dual range show room floor Subaru), in addition to this almost all of them are on this forum as well at 1 time or another.

Good luck

Sti_Brumby

Post by Sti_Brumby » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:59 pm

When i lived in brisbane, i used to go to Umr in moss st. If you want the job done properly go there.

Clint.

Return to “Subaru Chat”