What are you towing with your Outback?

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Subi Newby

What are you towing with your Outback?

Post by Subi Newby » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:05 pm

Hi all, Subi Newby here. I'm about embark on the Subaru journey and am intending to purchase a 2020 or 2021 Outback. My question is...what sort of small pop top caravan will the Outback tow comfortably? I really don't want to go with a big 4WD as the car will be used by my wife as an every day driver. Any info or advice would be appreciated. Cheers.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Re: What are you towing with your Outback?

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:32 pm

G’day Subi Newby,

The best thing you can do is look into the mac towable weight for the outback of that era. The H6 will have a higher tow rating as it has bigger brakes than the EJ25 model.

Then look at the models of pop top you like, check out their weights, add in your luggage/gear, food and water and this will give you a good idea as to whether the outback can legally tow that van the way you intend to.

It’s a bit of stuffing around with this sort of stuff. A mate of mine twos a jayco (I think) pop top with his SG forester with his family of four without issue. I don’t know what the exact model van it is that he tows, but I know it’s legal and they’re very happy with it.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Subi Newby

Re: What are you towing with your Outback?

Post by Subi Newby » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:23 pm

Thanks El_Freddo, I'll do some research.
Cheers.
Morris (Subi Newby)

Return to “Subaru Chat”