New Outback Advertisement

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Subyroo

New Outback Advertisement

Post by Subyroo » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:17 am

I love this new advertisement for the 2021 Outback. Even the old Brumby gets a run in the ad. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

https://youtu.be/WrpvezU1Knk

Shame subaru lost their way when they stopped producing the manual gearbox, I have learned to come to grips with the CVT in Honda HR-V. You can't beat the thrill of selecting the gear you want in a manual box followed by the cursing because you missed it in time or chose the wrong one. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

El_Freddo
Master Member

Re: New Outback Advertisement

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:02 pm

I’ve not yet driven a CVT...

I like that advert. It might further bump the price of my brumby :P

I think Subaru started to go wrong when they introduced window frames...

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Silverbullet

Re: New Outback Advertisement

Post by Silverbullet » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:47 pm

Love it when they put older models through their ads, like the ad for the XV when it first came out.
I’ve not yet driven a CVT...
My Dad has an XV with the CVT, it's a bit strange if you've never driven one before. Not like an auto that you can hear definite gear changes, the engine revs just kind of do what it wants and doesn't have much relation to how fast the car is travelling. I think the computer tries to keep the engine in the power band always which means it's revving pretty high most of the time.

It is a shame about the manual, I'll still be driving manual for the foreseeable future. Although it is definitely a dying trend, in reality there is no reason anyone needs to drive manual, for me it's an enjoyment thing.

Return to “Subaru Chat”