A few questions and an introduction

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Sash

A few questions and an introduction

Post by Sash » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:00 am

Hey all, names Sasha, I'm from Sydney and own a 2011 Impreza Wrx. Was hoping you guys could answer a few questions I had.

In regard to swapping the stock wing for an after market sti wing this will remove a brake light that was found on the factory wing, will this cause me any issues in terms of legality such as insurance or HWP? Do I need to relocate this light or even install an aftermarket one on the inside of the Rear glass panel? Would this also require any type of engineering certificate?

Edit : couldn't embed photos if a mod wants to help me with it, cheers.

Https://www.imgur.com/aGpIU7Q

Also, would anyone know how I could figure out what type of intercooler this is - its aftermarket but I'm looking to purchase a top mounted bonnet shroud for it and I'm having trouble - where so you guys get your parts from?https://www.imgur.com/tTKhXZP

I'll try to attach some photos, thanks!

El_Freddo
Master Member

Re: A few questions and an introduction

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:54 pm

G’day Sasha!

Your WRX is quite new for members on here by the old standards! Hopefully this is the start of a turn around.

As for the wing, it should bolt down in the same places as the factory wing - from the inside of the boot lid. With the integrated stop light in the wing, I’d try and fit one on the rear window as a replacement. I can’t see needing an engineer’s certification for this change - but it would be worth looking up your state’s VSI rules they follow.

Why our country doesn’t have the same standards across all states and territories is beyond me - probably not the way because it makes too much sense!

As for the intercooler, I’m guessing there’s no way of ID’ing the intercooler type?
Could you measure up the open area of the air fins and find a shroud that way?

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Sash

Post by Sash » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:44 am

I'll try a few of the things you suggested Freddo, thanks.

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:12 am

I think you would stand a better chance of receiving answers from the guys on the Perth WRX Forum.

Return to “Subaru Chat”