Hope I'm posting in an appropriate part of the forum.
I have a pretty frustrating problem I'd love some advice on with my 2006 Subaru Forester:
- Someone tried to break into my car a few days ago and mangled the lock on my drivers side door and now the key will not turn. There is no other lock on the exterior of my car. I had recently used the lock so I'm pretty sure it's not stuck/needing lubrication, instead I think they actually did a good job mangling it.
- Today I went to unlock my car with the key FOB and it wouldn't respond. My hunch is a dead battery. I've opened up the key FOB and everything looks well soldered.
- The obvious fix is jump the car and then be on my merry way and replace the lock. Unfortunately I can't open the hood as I can't get into the car to release the latch.
How can I open the hood or the car itself as easily as possible?
I would love to avoid getting it towed to a repairer and the ridiculous cost that will come with all that...
- AUSUBARU ELDER
- Posts: 5276
- Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:15 am
- Location: Australind closer to where they divided by zero