Best seat upgrade for MY??

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:27 pm

Thread dig!

I've fitted and am once again in the process of fitting Honda Integra DA9 seats to the brumby.

A bracket needs to be made up - use inch by inch angle. This goes on the outer side of each seat. Both rails use the factory front mount point, the rear needs a new hole drilled. A bolt and nut holds the rear of the rain in place.

The outer side uses this bracket to help strengthen the rear mount point of the rail. It also wraps up the side of the seat and is bolted in place where the seat backing mounts to the base of the seat. Some shaping of the bracket is needed her to make it fit nicely and have the factory Honda seat trim cover work it's magic (also needs lower edge to be trimmed to fit over the brumby scuff plate trim when fitted in the vehicle).

So far I've found that there are two interior colours for these integras - a grey-ish interior (that whens super faded looks blueish) and "graphite black" interior.

I'll get pics of the work once it's done ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

henpecked

Great news

Post by henpecked » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:09 pm

Will absolutely Love to see the photos of the bracket and the installation process.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:24 pm

henpecked wrote:Will absolutely Love to see the photos of the bracket and the installation process.
I'll certainly do that once the work is done ;)

Cheers

Bennie

Bantum
General Member

Post by Bantum » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:19 pm

There's also a new comer to the seat debate : BRZ / EA86 seats ... ;)

Will have to try them out & see how they go ... :)

Cheers, Bantum ...

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:30 pm

Bantum wrote:There's also a new comer to the seat debate : BRZ / EA86 seats ... ;)

Will have to try them out & see how they go ... :)
I've heard mixed messages on this - FT86 GT seats work but FT86/BRZ seats do not.

I'm not willing to pay the coin to find out then get stuck with some nice seats that I can't use. GT Liberty has a set of FT86 GT seats in his brumby that look sweet. I'll see what details I can get on that to add in here if he can't get onto the forum.

Cheers

Bennie

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:02 pm

As far as I know the 86 and BRZ are the same (the BRZ simply has BRZ embroidered in them), and the GTS86 are leather and have the heated element on both and height adjustment on the drivers side. I have fitted GTS seats to my Brumby and they need to be shimmed slightly (especially the passenger side).
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.
Contact me for reproduction XT6 hubs...and EA82 rear discs.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:18 pm

dfoyl wrote:I have fitted GTS seats to my Brumby and they need to be shimmed slightly (especially the passenger side).
Shimmed as in? Got any pics to share?

I'm currently in the process of fitting the new seats from the Honda Integra DA9. Half way through and a little more involved than I remembered :(

I'll have pics to share once it's all done ;)

Cheers

Bennie

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:16 pm

Either a couple washers between the runners and the seat frame, or between the runners and the floor. I haven't got around to re-pulling the seats to add the shims (the drivers side just bolts down without shims, and the passenger side is currently held with only 3 bolts! I may have to dig up some slightly longer bolts to take into account the washers. I think you might have some issues with the height of the seat if you had the 86 seats (I am about 5'10" and clear fine, but from memory you're around 6' ?).
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.
Contact me for reproduction XT6 hubs...and EA82 rear discs.

Cliff R
General Member

Post by Cliff R » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:01 pm

Don't I remember somewhere on this forum that some Suzuki Swift seats fit well?
I have been meaning to pull a front seat from my 98 model Suzuki Grand Vitara to see if the whole Suzuki thing looks like working but haven't had the time to do this yet.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:43 pm

dfoyl wrote:I think you might have some issues with the height of the seat if you had the 86 seats (I am about 5'10" and clear fine, but from memory you're around 6' ?).
Yeah I'm just a bit over 6'1". The integra seat feels like it sits me up higher than I remember - but the original seat I had was collapsed so this could have something to do with it. I might swap it over and see what the difference is. One thing's for sure, the new seat is way better than the old.

Pics and write up to come soon - just need to upload the pics and find time to write it all out ;)

Cheers

Bennie

Return to “Subaru Chat”