Change of direction

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Gannon

Change of direction

Post by Gannon » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:46 pm

Been a while since ive been on here because of kids, house and work
I still have the RX which although I take it to the occasional kahnacross event (which is an abosolute blast, plus I now have a CAMS liscence) is still unregistered and collecting rust.
Ive been thinking of returning it to its original 1987 glory by removing the EJ20G and 5 stud kit and making it original as possible, except perhaps for a hybrid ej/ea awd gearbox and an intercooler
Once its done and on the road, I'll probably sell the GT lib as I hardly ever drive it

What is a used ********* kit fetching these days?
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:49 pm

eBay will tell you the answer to that question.

Or find a price you're happy with and put it up on gumtree...

So you've still got the original drivetrain?

What would it take to finish off the 20t setup?

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:34 pm

well, Pillarless Jim has your RX's towbar if you wanna get it back to original. From what I recall you bought the rolling shell from nncoolg so you no got much EA82 stuff, unless you have got your old wagons bits still about ?

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:04 am

To finish the EJ20G I just need to engineer it, and from what ive been told, its a fair hassle to get it all engineered, and seeing as its nearly 30, Id like to put it back to original
I have a guy who will swap me the motor for an EA82T converted wagon that runs, it also has a digi dash and L series KONI front struts

Still undecided yet
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

Return to “Subaru Chat”